Dev Blog 13th January – My backpack is augmented

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Supernorn, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Supernorn

Supernorn Starbound Artist and Parallax Pixel Pusher Chucklefish

2. Breakout

Breakout Big Damn Hero

Welcome back to life website!

Also, good news about what is being worked on.

3. I approve of the reference in the title.

Harakhti, Proydoha, Archer and 3 others like this.
  4. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Will there be 2 or 3-slot augment packs as well in vanilla?

Or what if I want my modded impervium-weaved cycling shorts to get augmented with jump boost?

5. lemon flavoured

lemon flavoured Aquatic Astronaut

The only issue I had with survival mode the other day was how ridiculously quickly the hunger meter drops.

eksynn, Nikia, CrazzyJ0123 and 2 others like this.
  6. Murplesman

Murplesman Void-Bound Voyager

My suggestions for future updates: Work on the lag, add more variation to planets and animals (More biomes!) , and make progression more interesting. Anyways, great work guys :D

7. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Your name on that post looks like "Supe mom".

DaedricShadow and Hatsya Souji like this.
  8. Justincase

Justincase Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is what the people need!

9. Space_explorer

Space_explorer Phantasmal Quasar

About food rotting away in backpack, this mean fridges would have some purpose now? i mean, food in fridge would have better protection agaisnt the climate changes like heat and some other agents that can affect the quality of the food unlike having your food in a back pack. if that the case... this mean food in fridges (or any other storage designed for food) will keep in good shape the food for more time unlike having your food in backpack?.

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Seconding the fridges.

Also? Laputan Machine.

n1t3n, Jonesy, DaedricShadow and 3 others like this.
  11. Cgeta

Cgeta Pangalactic Porcupine

About hunger, I've been pondering about a way to make it less of a hassle for players if it hadn't been made optional now.

Simply have the character eat automaticly when the hunger bar goes low. There could be a tiny food inventory that's like four slots, and the food will automatically picked in a set order, from left to right or so

DeffreyJahmer, Proydoha and Kawa like this.
  12. Pumafi

Pumafi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, moar news. But I need moar, moar! Gif me news!

13. lazarus78

Hunger is paired with regular mode right now (Where you lose items on death).

I want nothing to do with hunger at all, so Im doing just fine in casual.

14. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

But... Why remove nanosuit techs? They were fine, except for rpers...

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Seconded so hard. I'll only bother playing Survival should my mod dev work require it.

M_Sipher, Hatsya Souji and zeskorion like this.
  16. Danwoo21

Danwoo21 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think having a survival mode is a really cool idea. I'll probably have a character in survival mode and casual mode and play whichever one I am in the mood. Also interested in what player pets will be able to do. Will we be able to eat them if we are starving in survival mode? It would be like, "Sorry Mr. Fluffy :kitten2:, it's been fun but I'm going to eat you now."

Ralek and zeskorion like this.
  17. lazarus78

Im keen on for temperature, but hunger is just a damn egg timer to me. Not interested.

18. Kregoth

Kregoth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Please don't make hunger just another health bar to keep topped off, that is not an enjoyable way to deal with hunger. If it's just a hunger bar, it proves as nothing more than a distraction, rather than an inherent part of progressing forward.

Food should serve a purpose other than refilling another health bar. Rather than just reducing health, make it so that the without food the weaker we get. Less max health, slower movement speeds, less attacking damage. Make food about keeping my character in good shape, only under extreme conditions should hunger kill my character.

What we eat and drink should make a difference too, what we consume before we adventure off should be something we use to help make that adventure easier. Hunger should add to decision making and tactical thinking for the player. Dying should be the result of not eating food that helps me take on challenging opponents. Don't add 50 different types of food, if they all serve the same exact purpose.

19. velkos4ever

velkos4ever Void-Bound Voyager

glad that hunger comes back.really looking forward about what you guys can do with pet system.

20. Danwoo21

Danwoo21 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

About Augmenting the protection packs... Will the Augments be used in the crafting of the protection pack to give it certain traits or will the augments be swap-able?