Dev Blog 13th April - Space Invader

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Tuliup Man

Tuliup Man Scruffy Nerf-Herder

7/10 Good job, am really excited, but put the attendees, or some space npc group in grey jump suits and gas masks for a perfect 10/10, give them a blue tool box as a weapon for an over achiever rank of 11/10

2. PaxCallow

PaxCallow Void-Bound Voyager

man, reading through this thread is getting me super hype for this update. i can't wait!

3. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

I hope they add Protectorate Space Stations in the game and maybe a human colonial outpost.

Noobgalaxies, DraikNova and Godbot like this.
  4. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You can say that again.

6. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Seriously.

Also, am I the only one looking at this map and the dynamic movement of ships on there and wondering if they're laying the foundation to later allow "random space encounters" for that potential future "space combat update" to come in a 1.4 or 1.5 update later on?

Noobgalaxies and Lodish like this.
  7. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Serious Star Control 2 flashbacks, and that's not a bad thing AT ALL.

But I won't lie... I'm champing at the bit to see all the new decor and costumes and block types and whatnot more than the gameplay stuff. More stuff to play with when building.

8. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Eegh, even when traveling such a short distance, the scrolling makes it lag. What if you have to travel to the other side of the universe because your ship's location got glitched? Really, the navigation screen is the one thing I'd really wish they'd leave alone. The current one looks nicer.

9. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

Is it just me, or does the Apex spaceship have some new tan color?

Possible ship paint...?

10. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

Oh yeah, this upcoming update is gonna be good.

My thoughts: good?, Good?, GOOD!?, Good doesn't even describe this awesome upcoming update!

11. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

@mollygos I have an arcade like this on my shipX3

It sounds nice to see all these things around and about now in spaaaaaace

Not jealous for the arcade having more machines than mine

12. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAisitoutyetAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAcomeoutsoonAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

are the mechs unlockable or do they come with the ship? What weapons do they have? How do I upgrade and change it's appearance?
    FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON-
    you know what?
    Screw that meme.

I really wanna know these things, tho.

13. Vetpetmon

Vetpetmon Void-Bound Voyager

Asteroids no longer feel empty? Now I'm getting really hyped!!

14. WallyBW93

WallyBW93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I want this sooooooooooooooooooo bad, please update be quick! I want the Mechs, I want to explore these new places, I want everything!!!

15. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

I hear you there, but let's leave them the time to craft those places first, shall we? ;)

I mean, we've got glimpse, but for all we know these might be the only space places they've had the time to really finish in any sort of level that they can showcase in the midst of coding the mechs and the new travel interface(which is awesome and if the original first GIF is anything to go by, I can't wait to process how they'll handle those other spaceships that could be see flying around in system view.... though I doubt it's anything to expect this update, they couldn't have more clearly laid out the fashion of a future spaceship combat system for a future 1.4 or 1.5 update than the way they've laid this out there).

16. FoNaK

FoNaK Master Chief

they could add a minigames in arcade machine, dancebound seems interesting

17. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

So, we're apparently getting a pause button. This is probably the best feature introduced by 1.3. No more rushing to get your items back after death before they despawn despite the fact that you have an appointment. No more depleting of the hunger bar because you needed to get something to drink.

Noobgalaxies and STCW262 like this.
  18. Gammaboy45

Gammaboy45 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why is it that some blocks around the entrance take a bit of damage when the mech enters the station? Is it a bug, or is it just some other minor detail?

Oh sry, nvm what I said. It's just the lighting shifting a bit as the player moves.

19. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please avoid doubleposting. You can use the edit function when making additions to your previous post.
    I merged the posts for you.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

DragonsForce and Kawa like this.
  20. VoidGuy

VoidGuy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I woke up this morning, thinkinginging.. 'Gee golly! Sure hope that Starbound update comes out soon!' So I triumphantly roll out of bed, down two flights of stairs, and arrive at my laptop, perched on the arm of my couch. I open it up, and the first thing I do is go right to the dev blog. So I there I was, checking out the neat new post. Space arcade, possibly a glitch mech, neat new armor, and a headset for mech piloting? I've been hype for this for a while, but this.. you've shattered my Hypeometer. Cant be hype anymore. Now all I can really do is wait. Really noice stuff so far, looking forward to this neat content. :p

Kawa likes this.