RELEASED FarmAutomation.ItemCollector (Unofficial v1.1)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by maddy99, Oct 5, 2016.

1. maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

New GitHub repo for this guy! Always the latest version - https://github.com/maduin81/FarmAutomation_Unofficial/releases/latest

This MOD is an unofficial continuation of Oranisagu's FarmAutomation.ItemCollector MOD, adding support for SDV 1.1+.

So this is a thing now...

[​IMG]

The image basically shows the setup, by default the Hut will connect on the bottom-left corner, either next to or in front of the building. The Mill has an input and an output, input goes directly the the hole on the front of the building, the output is the bin to the side.

With this example setup, you can have a wheat/beet farm that the Junimos will harvest, it will be collected in the chest in the center, the wheat/beets will be loaded into the mill from that chest and then in the morning the flour/sugar will be loaded back into the chest. This setup does require having a chest in the middle, you can't directly connect the buildings.

0.5.0.0(Pathoschild#2 edition):
    - SDV 1.2 Update

This is somewhat experimental, there may be both old and new bugs so if anyone finds them, please let me know

TODO:
    - Add the ability to suppress the item pops when machines finish processing
    - Maybe an ingame menu to handle config?
    - A pipe dream possibly, but maybe a configurable to sort items to specific chests to transfer items around your farm instead of just to machines.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
      Erzoid, curi0, Exiom and 22 others like this.
    • DarkOmegaMK2

DarkOmegaMK2 Pangalactic Porcupine

• ekffie

ekffie Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you very much!- it seems to work very well - the only thing I did not use as of yet are pathes.
      koops and barns work and machines are filled ..

• Canaa

Canaa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you so much! This is one of my 'essential' mods and not having to handle the barn by hand again is lovely. I appreciate you taking on the task of updating this!

• Sodyaler

Sodyaler Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks man, this is great. The only problem I found so far is that the collection doesn't happen when the machines and chests are inside the shed, possibly because it hasn't been added to the mod yet

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
          • hyzerone

hyzerone Aquatic Astronaut

Dude you rock, thank you.

• SongLouiss

SongLouiss Space Spelunker

Does it work in the basement?

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Well the newest (0.2.5.1) version does. It also now supports casks and coffee/mead recipes. I think only the Mill is left now.

• ginger_snaps

ginger_snaps Space Hobo

Does it work with sheds?

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

As of right now, probably not (I don't have one yet to test). I'll see what I can do though, but it might be a day or so.

• ginger_snaps

ginger_snaps Space Hobo

The Recycling Machine doesn't take goods from chests.

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

It seems to work just fine for me. Where do you have the machine? In a building or anything?

• BrynneEmrys

BrynneEmrys Void-Bound Voyager

I had a similar problem to this, but with eggs. Turned out I was used to the CJB version and had my mayonnaise machines up against a set of preserve jars that were also adjacent to a chest. When I switched the chest the eggs were in, it worked. Since everything connects in a straight line or as long as they are in one clump with a chest somewhere in the group, two chests confuses the issue. If I were you, I'd check to see if your recycling machines were connected to any other machine using another chest.

And I really want to say thanks for this mod.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
                          • maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Actually, it looks like sheds work just fine.

• ginger_snaps

ginger_snaps Space Hobo

• Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

I tried to play this game as "intended", went a whole year doing everything manually. Then I got 24 animals and after about 3 weeks of that I started hating them/not doing them. I've came the conclusion that the animals in the game are just too tedious without automation.

Thanks for updating it.

Edit:
                              Bug report - Items collected in barns/coops are never silver or higher starred. With 1.1, that's possible.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
                              • maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

I didn't realize that was a thing now, can they be Iridium quality or max at Gold? Also, any idea of the chances on each quality grade? The code for barns/coops is fairly simple, it basically destroys all the items on the ground and then randomly generates the same items in your chest's inventory so the items picked up aren't 100% the same as the one's on the ground, so no quality check. I'll try to add that.

ekffie likes this.
                                • ekffie

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Updated with new release, thanks for pointing that out. Looks like coop quality is broken in the vanilla game for the time being, so eggs and all that are still normal quality, but milk and all that should be good. Coincidentally, I believe the coop quality will work as intended without an update as soon as CA fixes the coop.

ekffie and Sabathiel like this.
                                  • ekffie

I hope CA knows.. I haven't seem anyone mention the eggs after he said he had the barns fixed... not here and not an the reddit beta thread.. was testing and reading ..

Edit: postet it here in his beta thread. He said that he still looks in there before the 1.11 release, so maybe he will still see it..

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016