Dev Blog 1.0.5 - Changelog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Hey everyone!

We hadn't intended to put out another patch so soon, but an odd bug was reported on the forums - putting an item in the hotbar, then placing it in the trash slot in your inventory, and then exiting the inventory window before the item was finished being removed was causing player files to become corrupted.

That's fixed now! Any character that was broken by this specific bug should also be fixed, and should reappear in your character select screen.

We are still working on some bigger bug fixes and our first post-1.0 content update, but this was a big/critical enough bug that it warranted a quick fix of its own. :)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

That's a neat bug, tbh.

3. ji186694

ji186694 Void-Bound Voyager

Good

나의 SM-G906K 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

4. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

That is an odd one... glad it is fixed before I accidentally did that. Thank you for the progress. :nuruhappy:

kazunenazumu, Tiakatt and Axe Garian like this.
  5. kazunenazumu

kazunenazumu Void-Bound Voyager

Oh shoot, 1 bad move and my file is done for. Thanks for squashing those bugs, chucklefish !

Tiakatt likes this.
  6. Kulsius

Kulsius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hehe, nice. Remember guy who got cought on this bug in support forum :D It's good there is at least one person who can manually fix gamesave when such thing happen :D
    Tho, it was pretty big update file to download for something that small.

7. Galactic Avatar

Galactic Avatar Cosmic Narwhal

Well that is good. I also hope they are working on the bug that corrupts your universe/character if you crash.... that one is super not fun...there is a work around but it is long and trying.

Tiakatt likes this.
  8. Megumin

Megumin Guest

is goddamn large chat error fixed?

9. Esahc_

Esahc_ Cosmic Narwhal

That's an odd one. Sometimes I wonder how people manage to find stuff like this.

10. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Usually dumb luck. This is why internal bug testing only goes so far.

Ainzoal and Galactic Avatar like this.
  11. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

how is that odd? trash an old item from your hotbar and close the inventory. may happen to a lot of stuff. dirt being placed there, and old gun etc.

Tiakatt likes this.
  12. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

Good Job CF!

13. MasterLuzak

MasterLuzak Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for your quick updates!

14. argenex

argenex Void-Bound Voyager

Never even heard of that bug, what about this bug;

http://steamcommunity.com/app/211820/discussions/3/352788917763886113/

https://www.reddit.com/r/starboundb...ior_descriptions_and/?st=ir4n79oh&sh=84cd0d98

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/duplicate-crew.119293/

15. Kulsius

Pretty sure that one happens because of how files work on NTFS- if you shut power off while file is being rewritten, file gets half-baked and isn't useful anymore. That's why we have BAK files as measure against this ruining ALL the fun.

Kawa likes this.
  16. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

ooooommmph, that's a doozie.

also, chat bubbles linger too long now :D

really, we're just going to need another slider in the settings for this, there is no one-size-fits-all solution

17. Kulsius

That doesn't bother me too much, but when you have to listen that "guide" in Avian boss dungeon it really takes a while :D

DragonsForce and Tiakatt like this.
  18. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

curious, what's known about post-1.0 content updates?
    i mean
    xD what's being worked on in the short- and long-run?

19. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

The stream suggested fishing as an example.

eksynn likes this.
  20. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

I'd like to see (in no particular order)
    1) post-Ruin end game (planet tiers 7-10 re added)
    2) re addition of much of what was removed. (Monster abilities, unique racial weapons, techs, much random generation stuff, mechs and techs, etc.)
    3) fixed up and polished combat and AI (the combat needs to feel more satisfying and dynamic, though re-adding random mob attacks would go a long way for that, and the hostile enemies need to be a bit smarter. Most ranged attacks can be dodged with ducking, enemies need to be affected by the environment, and they could do with better specialized AI. A great example of this unintentionally already being implemented is when I noticed an arrow wielding glitch knight shooting arrows from behind the cover of a shield wielding glitch knight, so while one would provide cover, the other would shoot...)
    4) novakid content. (Because they need some attention)

Yumiru, argenex, Harintosh and 3 others like this.