Dev Blog 1.0.4 - Changelog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Hey, everyone! :)

We've just released a small stable update that should fix the OSX crash introduced by v1.0.3, among other things!
    upload_2016-8-2_15-36-19.gif

Starbound v1.0.4 Changelog
    • fix OSX crash when performing certain GUI actions
    • fix a graphical bug when fuel tank contains more than its maximum fuel capacity
    • fix bug preventing Dreadwing's visible damage state from changing
    • fix arm images in Nuru's portrait in teleport confirmation dialog
    • fix Blink Dash dropping through platforms
    • fix booster flame positions on T7 floran ship
    • fix some problems resolving facing direction while dual wielding e.g. fist weapons
    • fix some typographical errors
    • fix hover state in MM upgrade interface while an upgrade is selected
    • fix bug causing wand/staff projectiles to not track properly on win32
    • adjust a few item prices
    • adjust nutrition value of Toast and Potato Grids
    • better sound effect for Violium Broadsword special ability
    • better sound effect for Wooden Hatch
    • disable monster touch damage when they are in special invulnerable states (Spookit, Orbide, Peblit and Trictus)
    • increase chat bubble duration
    • revert a previous fix for players beaming into terrain; needs a more complex solution

2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Ah, good to know I won't be murdered by invulnerable ghosts anymore! Keep up the good work CF! :up:

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

maybe i can read tonauac's dialog now \o/

4. HimochiIsAwesome

HimochiIsAwesome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm glad the terrain teleporting has been reverted - some flags I placed on slopes or too close to fence gates were impossible to warp to, so hopefully I can get back to those planets now! :D

Axe Garian likes this.
  5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Yayko

Yayko Void-Bound Voyager

fix bug when you play one character and then create another, outpost is in progress like on first character

7. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

This isn't a bug. All characters share the same universe and therefore the universe flags which determine the state of the outpost.

~ Iris ~

8. Kazzerk

Kazzerk Seal Broken

nothing for opengl 2.0 error? :/

9. FortuneHatter

FortuneHatter Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just wondering: Is the Spike Sphere's inability to adapt to a mobility increase while on a 90 degree angle making you slip off and fall a glitch?
    Because the Mobility Augment or Speed Augment induces that problem, which makes terrain exploration harder without any flight techs.
    --- Post updated ---
    And is it possible to add a terrain generation option to alter the loading state of worlds? Because that would be lovely.
    My game keeps chugging like a broken gear shift in reverse because it keeps loading too many chunks that I never bother to explore to.
    EVEN AFTER THE WORLD HAS ALREADY BEEN LOADED! If you hop out of that planet, it reloads every chunk of it bit by bit and all of it at once, making the world generation screw up loading instead of being instance.

Axe Garian and R_C_A^ like this.
  10. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Force of habit? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

11. phytophile

phytophile Void-Bound Voyager

So I can finally use the Tech Station on OSX without it crashing when I close it? I copied my player/universe folders to a clean linux install on my laptop and the issue was gone, so I am hoping this is what the "OSX GUI crash bugs" refer to.

I suppose I should go ahead and unsubscribe from the "longer text box duration" mod, too.

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Like dropping sales prices for milk, eggs and other food stuff - just to add a more realstic feel to the game? :iswydt: ;)

Nice to see these fast updates - thanks and keep up the good work! :love:

Axe Garian likes this.
  13. RXShorty

RXShorty Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for the updates!
    Keep them comming :D

Axe Garian likes this.
  14. RinneHellscythe

RinneHellscythe Lucky Number 13

Not a single performance improvement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Sinclair and KevinCosmos like this.
  15. Rossmallo

Rossmallo Big Damn Hero

• revert a previous fix for players beaming into terrain; needs a more complex solution
    Good. Because during the last patch, I got to the final boss, died, and beamed into the ground at the checkpoint. I was not happy.

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

ALL OF MY YES.

That was SO cheap when mobs can hurt you but you can't hurt them.

17. ADaks

ADaks 2.7182818284590...

I knew when we tried to launch unstable after last update and it still only had .5 FPS we'd be waiting another 10 days to play.

Lord Sinclair likes this.
  18. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

How about the Hyloitle hatch of doom bug?

19. Caelorum

Caelorum Subatomic Cosmonaut

What about the OpenGL 2.0 issue?

20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

It never fails, every patch there's a "What about ________?"

The answer is always the same:

Give them time, they're working on it.

They release things as they get them done. I'm sure they got a guy working on OpenGL or what-not, but he's simply not done yet, however THESE fixes ARE done and they pushed them out instead of making us wait 6 months for everything.

As long as your bugs are reported in the Bug Report Forum, there's no need to ask "What about _____?" in every patch thread. The answer is always going to be exactly the same. If you know of a bug, and you're not sure, search the Bug Report Forum and see if it's there. If it is, just hang tight. If it isn't, report it yourself!

Asking about bugs here will do jack-all to help you or them.