Dev Blog 1.0.3 - Changelog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Hello all!

We've fixed a whole buncha bugs, so we're updating stable again today!
    upload_2016-7-29_11-22-40.gif

Starbound v1.0.3 Changelog
    Bug Fixes
    • remove unbalanced wormerang listing from penguin weapon shop
    • resolve issue of banner rendering in front of a bookcase
    • resolve issue where the Grand Pagoda Library boss would sometimes reset
    • resolve issue where some weapons would let you wall jump in distortion sphere
    • make ore nibbler critter capturable without exploding
    • remove inappropriate tag from farm animal eggs
    • no longer open multiples of the same scripted interfaces (Rob Repairo, Tech Console)
    • resolve issue where cultists would die on destroying a ballista in the Baron's Keep
    • remove elemental aura visual effect when changing weapons
    • resolve issue where techs would interfere with each others tool suppression
    • improve performance when player has a lot of quests
    • resolve some issues with grappling hook
    • bosses are now immune to healing from staff secondary abilities
    • some pixels in armors were bad and are now not bad
    • fix issue where crew ship benefits would reset on ship upgrade
      • this unfortunately resets your current fuel capacity and fuel efficiency benefits as they have been moved to a more reliable storage format
    • teach NPCs how to use some trickier doors like wooden gates
    • npcs may now get stuck in the ground less often
    • make tech gui not crash when encountering unknown tech
    • fix 3d printer issue when removing objects
    • change power scaling of crew members to more closely match the power scaling of the player
    • make it so saplings don't break when they are unable to grow into a tree
    • players should no longer get stuck in the ground if they beam to a friend in distortion sphere
    • remove deprecated keybindings
    • remove reference to a missing asset for the Avian temple boss
    • gui adjustment to allow bigger numbers in the Terrramart shipment box
    • remove deprecated elevator recipes
    • fix tabbing issues in the codex window
    Other
    • statically link Visual C++ 2015 for the win32 version of starbound
    • keep rotten food in the food tab
    • UI usability improvements to server connect screen
    • dismiss confirmation windows when the source of them is not in reach
    • adjustments to ore samples
    • make it impossible to starve to death during cinematics
    • pressing the key for a selected action bar slot now deselects the slot
    • non-elemental Fluffalo drop more plant fibre
    • adjust npc and monster placement for generated quests
    • grappling hook adjustments; increased range, functional dual wielding
    • NPCs will now beam away to join your ship crew as soon as you recruit them
    • natural materials will now magically match the hue shift of the biome when placed
    • using the paint tool with the default color setting will clear any hue shift on unpainted blocks
    • make vertical scroll bars start at the top by default
    • improve one-handed damage of NPCs
    • add some clothes and dialog for novakids in generated quests
    • change some confusingly inaccurate labels for paintings in the grand pagoda library
    • tweak Shockhopper projectile lifetime and damage polys
    Visual C++ 2015 Launch Errors
    Since release, some people have been unable to play Starbound due to Visual C++ 2015 runtime failing to install on their PCs. This tends to be an issue with PCs on out-of-date versions of Windows, and tends to be solved by updating your Windows service packs and manually installing the Visual C++ 2015 runtime, but some people have been unable to do this or have found that it hasn't worked for them.

We've statically linked Visual C++ 2015 for the win32 version of Starbound, which should hopefully clear up this issue for a lot of people. You'll need to select 'Launch Starbound - win32' when you launch Starbound on Steam. :)

OpenGL 2.0 Launch Errors
    If you're getting an error on launch that says 'OpenGL 2.0 not available', please ensure you've updated your graphics drivers!

OS X 10.8 Launch Errors
    If you're unable to launch Starbound on a version of OS X lower than 10.9, please try updating to a more recent version of OS X!

In short, it helps to keep your software up to date! If you find that you've tried everything and Starbound still won't run for you, please email us with no less than a description of the issue you're having, a list of your PC's specs, and a copy of your full Starbound error log (starbound.log in your directory). Here's a post with guidelines for reporting bugs. :)

2. MrStarky

MrStarky Space Hobo

Awesome! This might sound weird but I'm almost mostly happy about the rotten food, it's been bugging me a lot for some reason! All the other changes are great as well!

3. LongSly

LongSly Void-Bound Voyager

Any progress on the low FPS? I tried every possible solution from here and Steam, nothing worked. My specs far meet the requirements.

4. Pigbear

Pigbear Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmm, still no fix for the max party size config option not working?

5. StandinShadow

StandinShadow Seal Broken

got any patches for multiplayer sync issue? It's real pain in the ass

jonathonspy likes this.
  6. savron

savron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i cant start the game it gets to the chucklefish opening and then closes is it because of mods?

Thundercraft and Apacher like this.
  7. p0mmeluff

p0mmeluff Seal Broken

LOL. Trying to launch Starbound in 32-bit through Steam creates a loop of Windows error sounds for some seconds and generates a 7081 lines long starbound.log file. :nuruconfused:
    Still not working for me.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  8. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

yeah probably my starbound crashed
    wait for them its normally fast when they fix mods :) (i mean modders)

9. Orion_Pax

Orion_Pax Pangalactic Porcupine

So, now ship crew members will not lose their attack power when they beam to the ship?

10. savron

that sucks i want to play now

11. leracos

leracos Subatomic Cosmonaut

In order to increase max party size it must be changed in both your own person config file and also in the server config file as well. Only then can you add more than the default four. It's not that it doesn't work, it's that it is hard to configure correctly or figure out logically. It would be nice to have this clearly configurable in the in-game options, yes, but I can see why it is not. However, I agree it should be overwritten by what the setting on the server config file is reporting.

12. MrStarky

MrStarky Space Hobo

You could just remove the current mod you are using and wait for it to be updated (it might be a little more complicated if you have a modded item placed on your ship/planet since that will be a missing block that might cause some error but it's worth a try!)

13. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

why did you removed the worms instead of adjusting the price?

Also what chanegs were done about the ore samples?

14. savron

I use A LOT of mods

15. Moose2001

Moose2001 Phantasmal Quasar

Were other critters fixed too? I know specifically the hazmat skab and the geo critters would simply give you an empty capture pod when you attempted to capture them. Also, will the po ever be captureable again?

16. Luroshard

Luroshard Seal Broken

Rest in piece the $$$ spent of anyone who bought the game on 1.0 release after reading the minimum OS X requirements were 10.7.5 and had that version or 10.8.
    Of course, the population of players who bought the game that run 10.7.5 - 10.8 is too small to be considered, so support for them is both easily & essentially scrapped and their money gone. ⁽ ´◡`⁾

meanwhile Windows XP still supported and their money isn't down the drain.

Pingeh likes this.
  17. phinoxman554

phinoxman554 Void-Bound Voyager

I was having the same problem but it was only one of my mods. Once i removed it the game ran normaly.

18. Snebbers

Snebbers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't suppose you'd mind adding all the Aegisalt weapons again that you removed at some point. Range combat feels extremely hollow with just a bow and a pistol to be made at the accelerator's table.

The MechE, Sh4dowWalker96 and Tiakatt like this.
  19. savron

how did you find out which one it was?

20. nathang2426

nathang2426 Big Damn Hero

I'm sure they are working on everything. It's not even been a full week and they have put out three hotfixes. I run OX 10.8 but haven't had a problem at all. So your case could not be as severe in the grand picture of things or maybe just not as easy of a fix.