12 August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Mikerlantz

Mikerlantz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah since I heard about insomnia festival, I've been fairly certain that its gonna come out shortly afterwards. I Just really Effing hope it doesn't come out while I'm on vacation :I I've been waiting for over a year, I would be so peeved :lod:

2. Zeek931

Zeek931 Space Spelunker

I have no clue if that is what they are getting at by the Insomnia studio's, but does anyone remember the old insomnia's logo for PlayStation games? where as the stake went through the eyeball, those trees remind me of that, thought it a little ironic. Though that could be the point and I'm just dense.

3. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

That tree looks suspicious!
    Better keep an eye on it. ;)

white kaj, killpay and Toasty like this.
  4. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Skill icons when MONSTERS are using skills? I wonder if it's lazy animators or another case of "moron-friendly interface".

5. Kalrirr

Kalrirr Big Damn Hero

Public demo? So people at Insomnia get to see / experience Starbound before the ones that pre-ordered the game / beta? So I'm guessing that the only major reason that chucklefish will release a beta to pre-orders is to
    test the compatibility on 1000s of system configurations... Sadface.

6. Piixel

Piixel Void-Bound Voyager

That is a bummer.. but im sure the team are doing their best to get it out for those of us who have preordered the game, patience is a virtue! :)

Dementium67 likes this.
  7. Jayson

Jayson Big Damn Hero

are those eyeballs going to be harvestable..? it'd be a shame if we couldn't use them for something...

Zimos likes this.
  8. Zimos

Zimos Void-Bound Voyager

GAHH Soo cool!!

tassina likes this.
  9. Zimos

Zimos Void-Bound Voyager

Eyeball helm please : D

(sorry double post)

tassina likes this.
  10. CryptidByte

CryptidByte Void-Bound Voyager

Welp. It's official - beta's not coming out this month. What with the event for the Expo, there's no way the Starbound team would release a public demo/beta before it. And I can't imagine right after it. So much for Summer fun.

I remember when the Newsletter was made and I was so excited! Since they said it would have information regarding the beta, and I thought it'd be soon; that was back in March. It's been five Newsletters since, or five months, and not even a squeak of information regarding the beta - in fact, I'm beginning to doubt they'll mention it except as a reminder that it's been released. Here's to hoping on some info regarding the game's launch date in the September update - or I'm checking back in late November/December, given that's the likely release date. I think 6 months of excited every-other-day/every-day log ons to this site is more than enough dedication from a fan.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

11. blackmib

blackmib Aquatic Astronaut

are those eyeball fruits

12. Infraredhero

Infraredhero 2.7182818284590...

Funny story, I was just watching your interview when I noticed this update. :up:

13. Rueya

Rueya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Gemini Rue did it really well! There was also a directors commentary on how it was done!

14. Maenso

Maenso Void-Bound Voyager

Did u already watched the youtube video?.. they clearly said: First public demo of the game

15. komenomaru

komenomaru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

great to hear things are progressing! best wishes to the devs.
    in the meantime though...i think the trees are looking at me...:cautious:

16. Infraredhero

Infraredhero 2.7182818284590...

I would rather have one pixel rain then 5000 pixel rain. At some point nice graphics just ruin a game..We're not making movies here, my friends. XP

Piixel likes this.
  17. Mister Pixel

Mister Pixel Big Damn Hero

18. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Ah yes, I read a bit about that a while back.

19. Kalrirr

Kalrirr Big Damn Hero

Oh I'm very patient. At this point my thinking pattern around Starbound consists of: " Well it will be out before Half-Life 3 ". So I'm settled for waiting. :D

20. Piixel

Piixel Void-Bound Voyager

Ahahahaha!! Half life 3, i must have a look at that i see it all over the facebook comments as some sort of joke, i don't quite understand it though aha! I think ill have a look now actually! :DD Ps: if this was one of them half life jokes im sorry i don't get them yet ahah!

Dementium67 likes this.