Dev Blog 11th February - Cool Whip

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Original Post

Hey everyone!

As a result of working on Solarium tier pre-order backer weapons, Starbound now has whips!

[​IMG]

Necotho has implemented some really pretty new Floran villages, too. Click for full size!

[​IMG]

'Til next time! <3

Attached Files:

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Can we have a Wicker Platform block for use in these new Floran Villages? Bamboo (its counterpart) has a platform, and there are two Wicker blocks and many wicker objects, but there is no Wicker Platform to build with.

3. Quiqksilver

Quiqksilver Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmmm, I love the new whip. There are currently three but only one has a secondary attack. Hopefully they become their own weapon class.

jonathonspy and lemon flavoured like this.
  4. ApexCollective

ApexCollective Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice. Always good to see new villages. Do you have friendly apex revolutionary camps and cities planned? How about friendly human cities? And if possible, entire city planets?

Spritley Jack, Joft and Hatsya Souji like this.
  5. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Can you use the whip as a sort of grappling hook/climbing tool? Maybe for special hook objects you put on walls or hang from ceilings so you can swing across gaps? That'd be amazing :D

6. Kelthazan

Kelthazan Pangalactic Porcupine

Saaaaay will we get like sticky whips we can hang from? Kinda like the grappling gun but as an alt to the whip? Ooo or as an alt to guns too! How about a whip with Vampire Killer's ability? To whip around all crazy like in a circle?! We get a rat attached to a board with a string right?

7. jakecool19

jakecool19 Pangalactic Porcupine

Floran villagesss YESSSS!!!!!! Also the whips look super cool.

8. IEpicWolfI

IEpicWolfI Void-Bound Voyager

9. Lucaine

Lucaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My precious backer weapon! :nuruawe:

Nixling, Jonesy and Kawa like this.
  10. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

So whips have the ability to have glowy bits using lit masking like ships and objects. Can this functionality work on other weapons too?

PoisonTrees and lemon flavoured like this.
  11. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Now watch me whip, then watch me NAY! NAY!
    *whips and blasts an Orbide*

jakecool19 likes this.
  12. Superfast103

Superfast103 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Whips definitely need to be a new weapons class with randomly generated designs and secondary abilities. There should be a grappling hook one, one that grabs the enemy and pulls them closer, and different elemental projectiles like on the energy whip.

PoisonTrees and Hatsya Souji like this.
  13. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Solarium tier.....don't remember, what tier was that again?

14. Lucaine

Lucaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

15. Akastuki

Akastuki Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any more backer weapon that was promised? Also, the whip is really lovely. The Indiana Jones is real.

16. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Ah ok.....the tier images aren't up anymore unfortunately and I cannot remember any of them except the one I backed at.

17. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Damn, I thought this meant they were re-implementing the use of Solarium for the end game equipment. I really do hope they bring back Solarium because you get overpowered by the fourth mission (which is laughably easy now).

18. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Man, that new Floran village looks excellent! That's exactly what world generation needs: More variety of settlements!
    Will the new semi-subterran huts mix and match with the old bamboo- and tree-houses?

Oh, and that whip is pretty! I like how it fits into the space cowboy weapon assortment.

Spritley Jack likes this.
  19. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

never been a fan of wips mostly because i know the story behind them but that floran town is really cool

ApexCollective likes this.
  20. steelwing

steelwing Big Damn Hero

Those villages look lovely. Good job. :)
    Please tell me whips will be able to attach to things and be used for climbing... :DD:headbanging: