Dev Blog 1.0.1 - Changelog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Hey everyone!

With our concurrent players peaking at 62,000 on Steam over the weekend, I think it's safe to say Starbound's launch out of Early Access was a success! There are always going to be a few kinks to work out after a big update, though, so since Friday night we've been scanning the forums/subreddit/social media to figure out what issues people have been having and how we might fix them.

We're still looking into some issues and will continue to push fixes as we fix things, but for now we've fixed these things:
    • Devalue material items to fix exploits crafting materials from other materials
    • Fix a couple of mislabeled key bindings
    • Make Erchius Ghosts immune to lava
    • Replace ropes in intro mission with healing items
    • Fix a bug which caused certain parts of the Glitch mission to reset in multiplayer
    • Fix a bug in server /ban command
    • Fix a case of undefined server behavior in transferring players between worlds
    • Fix several bugs with quest manager stagehands
    • Fix mossy packed dirt block recipe unlock
    • Fix a couple of item categories and descriptions
    • Fix physics effect abilities being able to move story NPCs, Erchius Ghosts, and certain bosses
    • Update window title
    • Add more Lua API documentation
    If you're still finding yourself unable to launch the game at all, please check this thread. So far, we've found that those solutions seem to work for most people!

If you're still unable to play Starbound, please send an email to contact@chucklefish.org with information about your computer's specs, an error log, and what is happening when you try to launch.

<3

'Til next time!

2. dareddevil7

dareddevil7 Pangalactic Porcupine

How am I supposed to battle the supernatural now?

3. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

There's a lot of people saying about performance issues are still troubling them,

But @mollygos my priority is finding out if the rocks on the Floran mission are supposed to go under some stairs instead of my face :p

[​IMG]
    The boulder hits the bottom of the stairs in a weird way and it goes into that pit. Is that intentional?

bluecar06 and Harintosh like this.
  4. SeroRamai

SeroRamai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Anything about the power flicker/surge character loss? Or a way of pulling a backup save to restore a character no longer loading?

Palomo and Galactic Avatar like this.
  5. Elvarion

Elvarion Void-Bound Voyager

Add ships sometimes being wipied after server crashes to the list of questions we want answered

6. kilozombie

kilozombie Pangalactic Porcupine

Heya,

Just wondering if there's an ETA on planet chat.

Thanks!

Sir Reginald likes this.
  7. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

• Make Erchius Ghosts immune to lava
    And here I thought that the lava weakness was a direct reference to Spelunky's ghost.

Sparksol, Tazmaniac95 and bluecar06 like this.
  8. Venom

Venom Pangalactic Porcupine

Azatha, Mariketta and Mecharian like this.
  9. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ghost is immune to lava now? this is sure to get a reaction from those who used lava to defend themselves.

Kaede Grimwater and gameboytj like this.
  10. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Yaaaaay! Here's to future improvements for an indie success story!

Also: How are multiplayer quests handled now? I remember it was really tedious before 1.0; is it better now? Are party quests a thing?

11. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

yay... I was wondering about the mossy packed dirt thing. Good to hear that still there. Also good to hear on fixes; Thank you. :nuruflirt:

12. sandro12

sandro12 Space Hobo

Was this update supposed to wipe our character/save file?

13. fate1122

fate1122 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Please work on food inventory, like right clicking with a window saying eat in the inventory and also shift clicking the food into your hotbar.
    And food stacking.

Acadius and SamuFinland like this.
  14. User011232

User011232 Guest

what about the multiplayer mode? It's still unplayable!!!

15. Blue Hair

Blue Hair Phantasmal Quasar

Has the memory leak issue with multiplayer servers been fixed? I'm not sure what, "Fix a case of undefined server behavior in transferring players between worlds", is supposed to mean.

Jardi-Gol and LordBob5 like this.
  16. Montyzari

Montyzari Void-Bound Voyager

Side quest still kind of broken when it comes to group questing. Depending on the quest, only one person may end up being able to complete

17. j4yn1ck5

j4yn1ck5 Void-Bound Voyager

Performance Performance Performance. I can't get far enough for anything other than performance to matter.

For me, the starter planet is passable performance-wise but still slows a little when dealing with two many moving blocks at once. The outpost is very slow. And the Erchius Mining Station has huuuuuuuge loading issues (I think the term is chunk loading? big square sections of the map take forever to load leaving the character falling or walking toward empty space that shows only the parallax background).

Win 10 x64
    AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX 470

By no means are those specs very impressive. But if I can run Fallout 4, you'd think I can run Starbound. Starbound isn't even kicking up my sidefan which is queued to be extra sensitive to gpu temp. It just seems like the game isn't using all the resources I have to throw at it.

My understanding was that after the content update was released there would be an optimization update. Please tell me that the optimization is still forthcoming. Because if this is it, I'm very disappointed.

BlanquitoMan likes this.
  18. Minuet Melody

Minuet Melody Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Phew! I'm a little relieved the sell price for materials was fixed. Everyone on my server knew about it and most of us exploited it. Now I can go back to earning a living through my farm.

Also - I am upset that you guys removed the vibrant pink flower color option from Floran character creation. It has been replaced with a darker pink.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  19. hoanga

hoanga Space Hobo

The patch 1.0.1 has upped requirements for glibc to v2.17 which means that starbound_server will no longer run on my CentOS 6 server..
    Will the game not be supporting CentOS 6?

$ ./starbound_server
    ./starbound_server: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17' not found (required by ./starbound_server)

20. Keichan

Keichan Void-Bound Voyager

Nothing was fixed for the performance issues ??
    Still having massive frame drops...
    Kinda dissapointed since it's a major game breaker for me and many others :(

Lord Sinclair and BlanquitoMan like this.