RELEASED Night Owl: Stay up 24 hours!

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by zipy199522, Jun 3, 2016.

1. zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Good morning everyone, and today I'd like to tell you about my newest mod Night Owl!

Stardew Valley Night Owl is a mod that allows players to stay up a full 24 hours instead of being restricted to 2AM.
    Some of the features include
    -A transitional lighting effect that lasts from 2AM to 6 AM
    -Gold doesn't have to be subtracted from you when you collapse.
    -Persistent health and stamina when you stay up 24 hours
    -Remaining in the same place as where you collapsed!
    Plenty of features can be found in the Night Owl Config to be edited as you please.

*Updated 6/4/16 at 12:30 AM

You can get the mod here on nexus: Download

and for those of you who enjoy source code : Link to my github.

If you have any questions or concerns, let me know down below!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
      Androxilogin, curi0, mvhnexus and 3 others like this.
    • GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

Just curious if sleep is no longer required with this mod how does the game handle the day transition since it's obviously designed to run various advancement aspects like selling items, crops advancing, and the like during the sleep transition.

• zipy199522

The game does the typical new day update when the player passes out. Crops will be shipped, the actual date is updated, and NPCs are updated as well. All this mod does is "trick" the game to thinking that there are really 24 hours in the day, but I didn't actually change any of how the day/night cycle works otherwise. So no worries about things no being updated. =)

• randomnade

randomnade Space Hobo

Just encountered a bug, I got stuck fishing (accidentally fished), I'm not sure if it's because I had "instant bite" on but I waited 48 hours and still couldn't collapse to reset and save. Lost all my progress :( Changed my options now so that I don't stay up.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
          • zipy199522

You can still save normally by sleeping in your bed if the game glitches out like this in the future and the day should still technically be the same. Still that's a curious bug you have there. I'll peek into it a bit in some spare time. =)

• randomnade

randomnade Space Hobo

I had to reset because I couldn't enter any buildings or interact with anything :( But I played a little more and there's been no problems so far!

• zipy199522

That's good to know! Still that is weird how you couldn't interact with anything. I'll see if I can replicate it somehow.

• LiaSays

LiaSays Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if this mod is the cause but I keep getting this bug where I wake up in bed and can't get out, it asks me if I want to save and I don't have a chance to answer, it just chooses "yes".
                  The game then skips a day.
                  The next day I can move out of bed fine.

• FantasmaNaranja

FantasmaNaranja Big Damn Hero

had the same bug on vanilla gameplay so i doubt it has anything to do with this mod
                    other than the not being able to collapse thing ofc
                    the game does weird things when its been open for a few hours including but not limited to graphical weirdness and soft loads

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

I had this same bug on an old version. Are you on the latest, 1.0.1?

• LiaSays

Yup! As far as I know anyway, installed after the latest update as listed. Also, I do go to bed at 5:50 rather than staying up till 6 if that's the cause?
                        This is because the game says I'm losing money if I stay up, even though that's been changed in the config.

• zipy199522

That part about the game saying that you are losing money isn't a bug, it's just a thing I can't code away. The issue is that I can't remove specific pieces of mail from the player's mailbox without wiping out the entire mail box, which becomes quite problematic. Just ignore the mail and all shall be good. As for going to bed and constantly being asked to sleep it should have been fixed in the newest update 1.0.1. I'm not sure what could be causing this otherwise. I'm not super available for a few days so it might take me some time to get back into modding, so please be patient in the mean time. Thanks!

LiaSays likes this.
                          • LiaSays

Absolutely, thank you!

• zipy199522

Hey there, i just wanted to let you know that I pushed out a new update to Night Owl, which you can nab via Nexus. After a some more research I actually figured out how to get rid of those pesky letters that said you had charges when you didn't, so no more junk mail for you! Also I fixed some wacko glitch where fishing after 6AM (while staying up late) caused some funky glitches. Hope you enjoy the new update!

Androxilogin and foghorn like this.
                              • make007

make007 Big Damn Hero

Not updated to Stardew valley

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Night Owl 1.4 is now available!

Release notes:
                                  • Updated for SMAPI 2.0 (still compatible with SMAPI 1.15).
                                  • Switched to standard JSON config file.
                                  • Internal refactoring.

• Heartfinder Chipepe

Heartfinder Chipepe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't tell if i accidentally sold my stuff, or if they disappeared at 6.. Is it normal to lose items?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• crevendevoss

crevendevoss Intergalactic Tourist

my game crashes each time i sleep and i really don't want to start a new game will this mod allow me to continue my save since i am so far in the game?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard