Dev Blog 29th April - Don't cross the streams!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Evening folks! Happy Friday!

It's been a busy busy week and we haven't posted a whole lot, but last night we did a sort of impromptu stream of the latest dev build (even more nightly than nightly!) for about an hour. We showcased a lot of features we've talked about on the blog in more detail and answered some questions from viewers.

Check it out! Let us know what you think!

We also streamed some Pocket Rumble by Cardboard Robot Games. They're at Indiecade East in New York this weekend, so go check them out if you're there!

<3 'Til next week!

2. Combozone

Combozone Existential Complex

It's good to get updates like this, I wish that they would get more into the lore of the whole thing, but I know you guys don't want to spoil it for us!

FearnWAZZA and Hatsya Souji like this.
  3. Dozer

Dozer Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi guys, I live in Russia, and I really like your game. This is the best that could happen to me. What I see now is very good, you did a great job. And I very much want to play in version 1.0. I wish you every success in this endeavor. With love from Russia!!!:love:<3
    (I apologize for the translation, if something is wrong - Google translayte)

jacoblouis and CyborgChimp like this.
  4. Albcatmastercat

Albcatmastercat Void-Bound Voyager

I got scared upon seeing "till next week", but then I remembered it's Friday, silly me.

FearnWAZZA and Combozone like this.
  5. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It just keeps getting more beta than beta. First Early Acces, then unstable, then nightly and then you have dev mode.

That makes me just want a version that's just made with paper drawings slowly being moved and photographed as you play turn based.

Kahvi, Superfast103, Caudyr and 4 others like this.
  6. DarrkkFreya

DarrkkFreya Void-Bound Voyager

Whoa, that Glitch dungeon is absolutely awesome! <3 Cannot wait to see more like that ;)
    And gates on planet surfaces rather then special asteroid on the outskirt of every solar system? Interesting, and way way more realistic if you ask me =) Might be a pain finding them on other systems tho!

FearnWAZZA and mitzSBnovakid like this.
  7. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

For anyone who wants the Magneto cosmetics, Chucklefish seems to be using the one I posted a while back:

/spawnitem glitchtier2head 1 '{"colorIndex":9}' (Purple helmet)
    /spawnitem glitchtier2head 1 '{"colorIndex":4}' (Red helmet)
    /spawnitem apextier2chest 1 '{"colorIndex":4}'
    /spawnitem apextier2pants 1 '{"colorIndex":4}'
    /spawnitem raggedcapeback 1 '{"colorIndex":9}'

[​IMG]

Tyler Tenebrae and Lodish like this.
  8. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Wow the glitch dungeon look like a legit dungeon. Most of the other "dungeons" were generally just holes in the ground with objects related to the race that own that hole.

Can you clear up the collar thing though, you say you can switch them out but if I use collar B to replace collar A then will I get collar A back or not? You said that you want people to consume them and not just collect them but the term consume imply that once you use it then it is gone forever. Personally if I am unable to get the collar back then I would just save them until I get monsters that I like or extremely useful so I wouldn't waste them. I'm not sure you were saying you are trying to prevent exactly that ("we don't want people to just collect them") or you meant you don't want them to be reusable so they won't pile up if you get like say 3 ghostly collars.

9. TanzNukeTerror

You don't get collar A back. It works the same way as augments to EPPs.

10. Nervantar87

Nervantar87 Seal Broken

My only concern is that the combat looks ridiculously easy. It seems like you can just swing until you win and not worry at all. Maybe I'm wrong but that's just what I got from watching the character fight. Maybe the weapon was just too powerful? Not sure.

FearnWAZZA likes this.
  11. TanzNukeTerror

They're also in admin mode most of the time.

And this is just to combat the constant complaints about how damage-on-touch is "too hard".

Can't keep everyone happy, I suppose.

12. Combozone

Admin mode was on for most of it, it was just player instincts that had him dodging around a lot.
    One thing I noticed was that the few times he was out of admin mode and used energy, it didn't fill up after a few seconds. Maybe they are working out a new energy system (possibly involving food?)

FearnWAZZA and Nervantar87 like this.
  13. TanzNukeTerror

Also he mentioned he had ridiculous amounts of health because of something he was wearing. So, possibly dev. testing items.

Nervantar87 likes this.
  14. Combozone

Definitely, but he also had admin on at the same time: the purpose of the item was to up his damage because he was doing 3-5 damage per hit with a legendary sword. With a chestplate he bumped it up to like 13-15, which is good for just one piece of armor.
    But yeah, dev items.
    I have a question: If everyone can have the protectorate tee or vest (as they do now in nightly) can everyone also have the option of some normal pants?
    Poor Avians get stuck with a nice tee shirt... and a loincloth. My fashion sense is triggered by this.

15. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Very informative... Was a nice watching. That explained quite a bit, even things I was wondering about. :nuruhappy:

16. Johnbrickblaster

Johnbrickblaster Void-Bound Voyager

Ah yes, StarboundPaper, the latest sci-fi tabletop RPG

Actually, i'd play that

17. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

Long ago, it was said that magic would not be in the game. Those new staves though, they say otherwise. They're nice, don't get me wrong, but what's the point of sci-fi if magic is involved?

Everything else looked nice, and I'm glad to see the game actually being worked on outside of short and information-lacking blogs, but the magic bit has me worried.

18. derborgus3333

derborgus3333 Big Damn Hero

Do the procedural monsters still only use melee attacks? What was the point of making so many special ranged attacks and whatnot if the monsters won't even use them...

19. Nervantar87

Nervantar87 Seal Broken

Fair enough, I'm excited about a lot of the changes, I just want a challenge too!

I must have missed that, thanks!

20. Radixex

Radixex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Rather than Crew members scaling based on HP/Armor/Weapon damage, we should be able to let them equip armor just like how we can add guns into turrets. That way it rewards collecting weapons instead of just throwing away a common weapon just because you have a better one