Trypophobia and morel mushrooms

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hierophant, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Hierophant

Hierophant Void-Bound Voyager

This is a really minor complaint, so I understand if you don't do anything. But I have trypophobia and I get severely triggered by morel mushrooms. Unfortunately the icon in the game also triggers me, so I can't keep any in my inventory. I guess it's not really necessary to have them around, but it would be nice if they were replaced by some other kind of mushroom.

• RoastedCoconutz

RoastedCoconutz Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll give it a go, why not? It'll be my first reskin if it works. :)

Any color preferences? It'll be an edible 'shroom to stay in keeping with the recipes but it'll have to keep the name because I have no idea how to change that part of the code.

• Hierophant

Yea that would be great! I'll definitely use it.

I don't know about colors. As far as I know, mushrooms pretty much come in white or brown, with the occasional red.

• RoastedCoconutz

Alright, done! It took ages to find it, haha; I never expected to find it in the Maps folder. Anyways, backup your original file just in case, then go to Content/Maps and replace the old springobjects.xnb with this new one. I gave it a quick test in my inventory, but didn't have one on the ground I could compare it to. Should be fine though.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4cga6u82726imwh/springobjects.xnb

[​IMG]

It's a puffball! Large, smooth and pleasingly round, like an edible beach ball. I hear they make great cream of mushroom soup.

Credit for the image goes to tumblr user "neorice."

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
            Luna likes this.
          • Hierophant

Wait, where are these files? My Stardew Valley links directly to Steam. I didn't find any file on my computer called springobjects.xnb

• RoastedCoconutz

Oh, I should've included the full file path. Mine is here, yours might be the same:

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Maps

• Hierophant

Weird, I guess Windows search is not as accurate as I thought. Thank you for the path. I uploaded the new file.

I'll report if I see anything wonky. Thank you again for the replacement!

• RoastedCoconutz

I tried out the search thing and it wasn't behaving for me either. Meh.

You're welcome! It was a fun little project. And if you find anything weird let me know so I can fiddle with it. :)

• Hierophant

Any chance you could change the icon for esperite as well? I don't think it's actually supposed to have holes in it, but it looks like it.

• Ariento

Ariento Phantasmal Quasar

I could edit the sprite, though you'd need someone else to turn it into an XNB file.