11 August Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by GeorgeV, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Melakor

Melakor Aquatic Astronaut

To me it does not matter if the update is small, what matters is to read the update and see what new surprises they bring us!

Eriktion, tassina and AdenSword like this.
  2. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

for all those who think beta is soon like tomorrow soon here is something for ya

now i know they said the game might be ready before minecon but still think about this

1st boss is not finished yet and i forget how many tiers there are but i think its like 9 or something? maybe 14 i forget but i mean if its taking them this long to (not even quite) finish one boss its probably going to be a while sorry

UPDATE TOPIC: i LOVE the foods i see a bannana a carrot a ear of corn an eyeball fruit thing* a glitch heart?: a sponge?' some cherries and a kiwi

*might be a Floran eyeball
    :this is most likely not what i say it is but whatevs
    'maybe its a strawberry without its top? i dont know

EDIT:i just found this
    which kinda proves me wrong :p

3. Alexor

Alexor Star Wrangler

Indeed! It sounds like they got a lot done, actually. It's just that it wasn't things they could show off: Either for spoiler related reasons, or because it was all subtle stuff under the hood and bugfixes. So instead we get fruit!

EDIT:

From the previous page, for those who needed a reminder:

4. Nearu-Senpai

Nearu-Senpai Void-Bound Voyager

Smaller updates means they are getting closer! :sneaky:
    I cant wait for the farming aspect in this game. I loved it in Minecraft.
    And with the space motif as a bonus, it'll be that much more amazing!!!

5. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

Nom updates. First boss must be really mean to give so much trouble.

tassina likes this.
  6. Alexor

Alexor Star Wrangler

Iroza and tassina like this.
  7. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

Yah!!! Will there be doughnuts?

8. Insignia

Insignia Zero Gravity Genie

They need to save some bugs for me to report to them or I feel like I have not done my job correctly

9. Fireb4llz

Fireb4llz Aquatic Astronaut

I saw the words "enemy boss" and immediately smiled. I hope they're randomly generated in a sense that each boss will have random abilities, attributes, appendages, etc.

10. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Food, glorious food. We're so eager to...ah, forget it.

AdenSword and IndieGamerRid like this.
  11. IndieGamerRid

IndieGamerRid Zero Gravity Genie

Well, that was...succinct, to say the least. Yay food? Those sprites do look tasty, though. Go team Chucklefish.

12. Alexor

Alexor Star Wrangler

Have you ever met a programmer? There will never be a shortage of bugs. In fact, right now a beta would be incredibly useless to the devs. They don't need our help finding bugs at the moment. There are almost certainly bugs pouring out the windows and pooling onto the floor as we speak.

Beta is for finding the bugs the developers couldn't catch. Right now? They're still catching more bugs than they can possibly fix. They don't need a beta yet.

AdenSword, Deity, Prymael and 3 others like this.
  13. FrangoST

FrangoST Orbital Explorer

If you were developing a game and stumbled across a bug, would you ignore it and pretend it never happened JUST SO people would find it on the beta and then you say "oh, we'll fix it" or would you fix it right away so you wouldn't have to do it later... Also, a bug could potentially mess up more code with other things unrelated to it, so better fix it right away!

14. Hebephryo

Hebephryo Phantasmal Quasar

People are rising their hopes so high.Don't expect the beta soon.
    Devs are doing small updates because they are people and need time for rest too.They are NOT robots.So don't expect a lot of them and don't blame them later if you won't get beta at date you wanted to get it.

AdenSword likes this.
  15. Jayson

Jayson Big Damn Hero

I spy kiwi! that makes me happy. hope there'll be a bunch of unique fruits and foods that have no relation to real-world foods.

16. Sevidra

Sevidra Existential Complex

I married one.

I'm also a beta tester extraordinaire - I get the bugs noone else can even find half the time, just because the universe LURVES me. Seriously. I was wi-flagged in Asheron's Call. I was cursed in Borderlands with ... a border (light blue fuzzy thing they never figured out, went away after one of the patches and never came back - for no known reason). Worse, I try weird stuff and wind up in the most bizarre, "How the heck did I get here" situations.

Looking forward to the beta. Will be fun to see if anyone else gets similar bugs to mine. :D

Also, NOMS! Yay! (daily updates ftw, I dun care how small. FEEED USSSS!)

-Sevi

NovastarX, Kittails and tassina like this.
  17. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

You can hope for the beta release and still be respectful of the developer's situation. The two don't really have any direct relation, though they can intersect every now and again.

Anywho, food!! nomnomnomnomnomnomnom!! :mwahaha:

AdenSword and tassina like this.
  18. Zyloss

Zyloss Subatomic Cosmonaut

wow, that actually makes sense :up:

Eriktion likes this.
  19. Rueya

Rueya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Those look delicious! Love the attention to detail on them! :DD

20. Hiffwe

Hiffwe Orbital Explorer

Look at those delicious little fruIS THAT AN EYEBALL FRUIT!? *runs away screaming*