Dev Blog 10th February - Space/Off

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

Whoa-ho!
    This doesn't just look like starbound anymore!
    Looking forward for the next update, keep the good goings devs!

Anyways, will the issue where you can't paint some background blocks where there was dirt be dealt with? I think it normally occurs on planets with dirt of different hues, like lush and forest. It also occurs when you place the dirt over the background and remove it too.

I recently built a bunker inside a mountain, and when I tried to color the background walls it did not paint, but the walls outside did.

I know this can be dealt with by placing and coloring the blocks on the background, but it's just too annoying.
    Not really a big deal though, just making sure the devs are aware of this already, thank you.

DragonsForce and DraikNova like this.
  2. lipe123654

lipe123654 Void-Bound Voyager

if these yellow ships are merchants, why not a red ship(pirates or bandits)

3. NebulaSquid

NebulaSquid Seal Broken

Wait, when I opened Starbound on Steam, it said update is loading, and the description was this post! Yet when I enter the game it is not opened.

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

That update yesterday was yet another one of steam's mandatory (and stupid) VC Redist downloads. It's annoying that they keep doing that and they keep forcing you to download that crap, even on a game that's already installed and working fine.

Pohany and Kawa like this.
  5. BlindeyeInsight

BlindeyeInsight Void-Bound Voyager

I like the idea of flying around space and the new UI is really neat, but one of my favorite parts of Starbound travel was the small bits of downtime as the ship traveled, especially going through hyperspace.
    Will passengers at least be able to enjoy those small moments of hyperspace zen?

6. NebulaSquid

NebulaSquid Seal Broken

Oh, okay. Thanks.

7. VoidGuy

VoidGuy Subatomic Cosmonaut

The Glitch would be a prime example of the above statement, if they could get out of the whole knight/kingdom thing. I WOULD say the Ancients, but maybe they're just hibernating until the celestial winter is over ( ∈∋_∈∋)

8. BaconLP 1512

BaconLP 1512 Aquatic Astronaut

There are only two things missing now
    1. A Space combat/Invasion Event
    2. A planetary invasion Event (like the Space Pirates Event from Roguelands :p)
    If you would also implement this into the game then I'll probably deinstall all my other games for this xD

9. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

rather than the dotted line travel between stars staying up. could you leave the option to have the old hyperspace jump graphic or a way it could be modded back in. thank you.

10. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I wish, but I'm doubtful. Then again, when they added ancient essence for 1.2, they opened up the currency framework so that could be modded. Maybe they'll open up the navigation system for this update.

Ramones_fan likes this.
  11. LyricLyricandmoreLyric

LyricLyricandmoreLyric Phantasmal Quasar

I'm betting the yellow ships (signifying gold) represent the merchants, maybe there will also be enemy ships to fight in space with the guns that always stick out in front of ships but are never used

it's most likely they'll keep that animation for when you aren't in the captain's chair viewing the gui

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  12. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Did you just double post?

13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Did you just call them out on doubleposting instead of silently reporting them for it? :3

14. voiditect

A. yes. B. How I do that?

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

There's a "Report Abuse" button right below people's posts.

16. voiditect

oh okay.

17. LyricLyricandmoreLyric

LyricLyricandmoreLyric Phantasmal Quasar

it's called a reply, and did you just post three times this morning?:lickitung:
    don't take things so seriously, i didn't realize you could reply to two different post in one, if it's not hurting anyone don't worry about it
    ha, problem solved anyways, i can just do this if it bothers you that much

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  18. voiditect

oh har har. Very funny.
    I'm fine. Thanks tho.

Last edited: May 9, 2017