20th November - Fortune and Glory

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Nov 20, 2015.

1. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

Can't wait for those dangerous missions. :D More things to run at, or run away from. Aw yis.

2. Daldril

Daldril Subatomic Cosmonaut

how aweseome it would be, if some of the botw (winners?) were featured in some way in the final(?) game!

NonBritGit, Blake81 and Kelthazan like this.
  3. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

I like that BotW, it looks like something similar to what i wanted to do, but for some reason, just feels difficult to build things in such a small view :(

4. Kelthazan

Kelthazan Pangalactic Porcupine

This is what I've been thinking! I'd love to see these all featured in the game - it would really break up the repeating settlements and buildings and be a huge shout-out to the fans. Maybe add a hidden plaque with the actual builders name?

Doctor Devil and Daldril like this.
  5. steelwing

steelwing Big Damn Hero

Dude, that combat update is gonna be awesome...
    So...#UpdateWhen? :p

6. Kittani

Kittani Void-Bound Voyager

Wasn't there a thing where the people who donated very early on got to have a named character somewhere in the game?

7. Kelthazan

Kelthazan Pangalactic Porcupine

I vaguely remember something like that... same with statues I recall o 0o

8. jakecool19

jakecool19 Pangalactic Porcupine

Its nice to see some debuffs after seeing all the cool buffs we're getting.

9. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

really loving the abandoned building aesthetic here

10. worenconverse

worenconverse Void-Bound Voyager

That build is wonderful~ @-@
    I gotta start colonizing soon!

11. Honey Wolf

Honey Wolf Star Wrangler

You got to love Fridays am I right, is that overgrown place a prison? I didnt get a good look, starbound I love you so much and thank you creators of the game I love you too. I still think each species should have a useful perk.

12. Spritley Jack

Spritley Jack Big Damn Hero

Gotta love that Ruins.

13. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

I can imagine the new traps they'll come up, how about somethiing like a stasis ray that if the player is hit they get frozen for a period of time or something like that, could be useful if any of the traps become placed on a timer.

In other news................

ROCKET SALVO!!!!! A WISH FULFILLED
    rocket salvo.png

:poke:THANK YOU CHUCKLEFISH :DD

14. CodyTheWiser

CodyTheWiser Void-Bound Voyager

I hope these builds will be implemented into the game.

Doctor Devil, Flake13 and Daldril like this.
  15. Happyguy0205

Happyguy0205 Void-Bound Voyager

Yep, this needs to be added to the game....This structure is absolutely beautiful!

Flake13 and Daldril like this.
  16. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

I am too, i'm hoping they do a contest consistantly and each winner gets a chance for their creation or atleast the concept of their creation featured in the game. Kind of tired of coming across certain villages and structures. Speaking of which, along with the hylotl and novakid settlements, where are the non-hostile human ones.

When i see a build like this, the idea has potential. We could use stuff like

• A medical facility where you can buy medical supplies from a doctor
    • A base camp with smaller metal structures with weapons and mining equipment
    • A planet based outpost that can link to the outpost in orbit
    • A second variation of the outpost for interracial shopping (shop owners of various races having their own section of the outpost to sell racial based armor, weapons, schematics, etc) like a mall if you will.
    • maybe like small, clean sci-fi housing placed underneath a glass dome thats guarded by robots. Even a variation of that that has the robots going berzerk, having killed everyone and their blown up structures with a blown hole through the dome
    • Maybe an underground steel-mill esque area when you can trade and buy localized ores and mining equipment.
    just name some off

n1t3n, Flake13, Chibero and 1 other person like this.
  17. Atromixx

Atromixx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah I would Love some abandoned cities to stuble accros, probably on desert or dense jungle planets

18. Flake13

Flake13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd like to see some structures with non-typical NPCs. For an example, a lab run by florans, a black market run by hylotls, an underwater "hylotl-themed" dome village run by a group of apex wearing kimonos :lolwut:. I would also like it if the home planet of the races are accessible somehow. Maybe a random book with the rarity of "legendary" can be found in chests or dungeons and would show the coords of the home planet :DD
    (Also hylotl temples with hylotl guards plis)

And the abandoned structure looks beautiful. I'd want to live in it X3
    I live in abandoned structures...
    Something must be wrong with me :lod:

n1t3n and Plex_Director like this.
  19. infernalbane

infernalbane Void-Bound Voyager

I just want to say...
    You should feature more builds of the week on the front page. Honorable mentions too. :poke:Could always use more ideas!

Flake13 likes this.