22nd October - Hot Stuff

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Oct 22, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

22nd October - Hot Stuff

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Tamorr, rhomboid, Axe Garian and 7 others like this.
  2. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh hat crabcano seems to have serious [​IMG] -issues! :-D
    I like the guy already!

3. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

*Would hug Squeem & Smoglin*

10/10.

Though for the inner meanie inventive penguin in me, I'd turn Crabcano into a grenade launcher.

DaedricShadow and mollygos like this.
  4. Slimy

Slimy Pangalactic Porcupine

Definitely Metroid.

5. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

Hover-crabcano. Mobile angry artilliary.

DaedricShadow and Hatsya Souji like this.
  6. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

My thoughts exactly...

7. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

I want those vehicles... But I'm not gonna back something I wouldn't back otherwise for it. Really don't like that marketing strategie.

8. ogdred

ogdred Phantasmal Quasar

I've always wanted that Tank! And now we might get the mech aswell! This is beyond awesome!

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  9. TanzNukeTerror

TanzNukeTerror Ketchup Robot

A lot of people are going to be fairly upset with that. I wonder if I'd get in trouble for making a mod that adds them.

10. cytohero

cytohero Orbital Explorer

i rly want to see those as vehicles, but cant back :/, i would if i could though

11. Igeloi

Igeloi Phantasmal Quasar

Man that guy is angry!
    Maybe he feels cold? Turn up that Thermostate!

Johnnyloo and necroxzero like this.
  12. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, normally I wouldn't mind a stretch goal like this, but with as easy to mod as these should be once the vehicle architecture is fully in place, it smacks more of holding them ransom. :nuruneutral:

That being said, the goal is low enough and the kickstarter has enough time left that it ought to be a moot point.

13. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I agree. It's such an easy thing to add that having a kickstarter reach a certain point beforehand is just complicating things beyond what is necessary. Sone minor editing and testing and they're added.

I think a better idea would have been to implement the tank and Shockhopper vehicles because the kickstarter has raised as much as it has. Less controversial.

14. Helix1111

Helix1111 Big Damn Hero

BOO to bribes and having to PAY MORE just to get cool tech and added features, just add it to the game and make the game even that more awesome. I already bought the game, and you already did your whole stretch goals thing. why do I have to pay MORE now.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Boo to angry huge red text.

16. Helix1111

Helix1111 Big Damn Hero

there is a reason all those features are allowed to be used in posts, SMH.

17. RitsuHasano

RitsuHasano Existential Complex

You don't HAVE to pay more. It's simply just some kinda extra that can happen if the kickstarter hits that.

I'm not really fond of stuff being available like that if a certain goal is reached, but I don't think it's really worth it to get upset over something so minor as that.

PabloM likes this.
  18. Igeloi

Igeloi Phantasmal Quasar

Someone's angry.
    Chucklefish will probably add it anyway, or a modder does it

19. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

1. I dislike the idea of setting "stretch goals" before the thing is even funded. Its setting your sights too high. You aren't even funded, WTH are you looking beyond that for? "Hey, we aren't even sure if this will get funded, but here's more promises we may not be able to keep just to tease you..."

2. If Chucklefish is already willing to set aside the time to make the vehicles, why not just do it anyway? Its clear they've already decided they can allocate the time. This isn't a knock at them for "Why are you wasting your time on this and not the game." I'm all for more vehicles regardless.

3. Again, what am I investing in? Vehicles aside, what am I going to get in return for investing? Seems to me like its still just an over-priced 6" plush for $30, wait, no they added a new tier for a plush at $15. And if I include the vehicles, then its bribery. Its already been 2 weeks and its been slow to gain support. At the current rate, it won't reach its goal.

Im not trying to be a naysayer, despite being a naysayer... I honestly love the idea of Starbound goodies, I would totally buy me some decals, or maybe some plushes that aren't overpriced. I just feel that the way its being done is... not good.

20. MDoubleM

MDoubleM Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really don't like this idea of asking us to fund something by teasing us with releasing more fun content in Starbound if we reach a stretch goal (even if it was more reasonable).