2nd October - You Raise Me Up

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Armagon

Armagon Gameplay Design, Sound & Dungeon Guy Chucklefish

Armagon submitted a new blog post:

2nd October - You Raise Me Up

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  2. Anovichok

Anovichok Void-Bound Voyager

NOW it's a platformer! ^_^

I visualise a new era of trap-rooms of all kinds...:nuruhype:

Is this available yet in Unstable?

3. Chobin

Chobin Phantasmal Quasar

How far away do you think we are from side to side motion so we can have escalators and moving sidewalks?

And do you think diagonal or curved movement will ever be a thing? Or is that a bit too much?

4. MindExplorer

MindExplorer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, this looks very promising. Now a few more horizontal doors no one has to cheat in and we are talking again.

5. Godbot

Godbot Big Damn Hero

Excellent!

I assume the elevator and its track is just one big object? If so, I spot at least two different sizes being used in that video.

Is that what it looks like we can expect from the final product? Placeable moving platforms on tracks, with various sizes and shapes of tracks to choose from?

6. TechnoVibe

TechnoVibe Big Damn Hero

I love the elevator stuff and all, but *please* tell me that BGM will be present in the new update.
    Like, Cmon. :pwease:

Morzan likes this.
  7. Quiqksilver

Quiqksilver Scruffy Nerf-Herder

New challenge rooms incoming. Prepare to die, mortals.

8. Animaster78900

Animaster78900 Cosmic Narwhal

You don't have to cheat in horizontal doors, during the first mission ( I think) you can get a hatch blue print and then you can craft hatches all you want. It's really rare though.

9. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

I don't mean to sound rude, but this really should've been a thing much sooner.

This adds WAY more to the game than the previous changes. Can't wait til they're done, that means more interesting dungeon designs are finally happening.

Hatsya Souji and MrChow like this.
  10. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

I'm assuming you guys are gonna be working on dymanic moving models for challenge platforming, and could probably result in the conveyor and escalator types.

Probably after that, allowing place objects on them, but thats really a stretch, I say that because with this direction, you can possibly have people making something akin to a ferris wheel[DOUBLEPOST=1443809219][/DOUBLEPOST]And possibly make it so that the platforms actually crush you when they collide like that

11. Nekobi

Nekobi Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, but there are only a very few horizontal doors. They should implement a key on the keyboard to rotate some doors of the game to have horizontal doors that are not two different objects. (It would only work for some doors, horizontal wooden doors would be... Weird.)

Anyway, those platforms look great! I really hope we could construct the rails by ourselves in the future :nuruawe:

Blake81 likes this.
  12. Roux

Roux Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's cool ! I hope it will be in the next update !

Keep up the good work Chucklefish !

13. Cube The Zombie

Cube The Zombie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It looks promising... but now i wonder, how much high can go a single platform?

14. fgsfds

fgsfds Void-Bound Voyager

Some houses, particularly old ones, have horizontal doors leading down to the basement.

[​IMG]

If they add the feature to rotate doors freely, it doesn't make sense to limit which ones a player can do it with. Stifles creativity.

15. (0_____0)

(0_____0) Void-Bound Voyager

Do you planning make mission about USCM ?[DOUBLEPOST=1443812102][/DOUBLEPOST]Why animals havent hit points on the head ?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    Hatsya Souji likes this.
  16. Chipppy

Chipppy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can we get elevator platforms of variable size and the ability to place objects on them?

Jarod likes this.
  17. HI-MAX²

HI-MAX² Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just hope the NPCs know how to use it, since I'm going to use elevators in EVERY... POSSIBLE... PLACE. :lod:

18. freeman27015

freeman27015 Subatomic Cosmonaut

19. Khanromi

Khanromi Void-Bound Voyager

I really hope you don't plan to just have elevators that can only go a fixed distance in a fixed direction, because that's kinda really limiting. The implementation otherwise seems solid though.

freeman27015 likes this.
  20. ErkGloom

ErkGloom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hylotl flag~ Yay~ I love Hylotls so much.