24th September - Frightened Cactus

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Kientero, dtanotrew, Tamorr and 13 others like this.
  2. Desraedos

Desraedos Void-Bound Voyager

You leave that poor plant alone!

Wingidon, dtanotrew, Batmon and 4 others like this.
  3. MrChow

MrChow Pangalactic Porcupine

"Now, sonny, don't touch that cactus!" ©
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  4. Zetlin97

Zetlin97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i lolled

5. Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

Whimsical.

Captain Rage likes this.
  6. PangolinScholar

PangolinScholar Space Spelunker

Now those are some cool weapon abilities. I love getting to see these ideas like this!

I'm really interested in seeing more hammer and axe secondaries.

Axe Garian and TechnoVibe like this.
  7. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Cacti are too bad-ass to be afraid of a little spear!

Also, I hope that there is also a chance for a randomly generated two-handed weapon to not have a special alt-fire tied to it.

8. Nekobi

Nekobi Void-Bound Voyager

Poor cactus, let him alone! Don't hurt the cactus-king! D:

Anyway, those abilities are nice! The elemental thing on spears are pretty :3
    And the monster seems more "calm" than the monsters who are in-game for now, have you re-balanced the monsters behaviour? (Really, I can't stand the hyperactives monsters any more...)
    Slower combats would be nice, it would make the combat gameplay more interesting in Starbound.

midga likes this.
  9. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

10. TechnoVibe

TechnoVibe Big Damn Hero

I know it probably won't happen, but wouldn't it be cool if axes had some sort of boomerang-blade throw alternate? You throw it, it spins like a tomahawk (probably covered in whatever element it has) and then it comes back to you. You can't switch weapons or attack until it gets back.

devilanc, Axe Garian and midga like this.
  11. Kelthazan

Kelthazan Pangalactic Porcupine

Two things... that shield thing needs to be added as an alt to guns too (Or arm-cannons, eh? EH? EH? Please arm-cannons guy?!) and two pleeeease Scared Cactus as a rare cactus spawn on planets! D: Scared Cactus needs to be a thing! Maybe even a pet. A little plant pet who walks around in their pot upon little protruding roots e we

12. Dr Fushba

Dr Fushba Cosmic Narwhal

'Frightened Cactus' could easily be the name of the next update :p

13. TechnoVibe

TechnoVibe Big Damn Hero

I absolutely love that hammer alternate ability, but uh, one issue... the electric wave animation looks a touch odd? I know it's not final by any means, but still. :cautious:

But at least hammers are getting some love now, so I can't complain much.

14. Quiqksilver

Quiqksilver Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There is actually an arm cannon in game called the Buster. You can spawn it in using /spawnitem buster. It's a chargeable arm blaster. With that being said, I kind of hope we get some kind of a gun with a secondary melee attack, like using the gun-butt. Also maybe a gun that can spawn an energy shield and block similar to sword block.

Hasu105, Axe Garian, MrChow and 2 others like this.
  15. TechnoVibe

TechnoVibe Big Damn Hero

I would adore that. Guns were already my favorite weapon type (who *doesn't* like having a magic satchel full of that thing we Americans like to call freedom?), so anything that can add to their already somewhat complex roster of weaponry would be awesome.

16. NuclearPicklenomaly

NuclearPicklenomaly Phantasmal Quasar

*hyuk*

MrChow likes this.
  17. Dromna

Dromna Aquatic Astronaut

If the second (hammer) animation made the hammer/axe go straight up and down, I think it might look less derpy?

Also, YAY PARALLAX IMPROVEMENTS

18. Merek

Merek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just noticed how these abilities parallel the elemental magic from Wizard101. Fire, ice and electricity (storm in W101). Is this a hint to use being able to summon dragons, giants and tritons? :D

19. I'm really looking forward to the combat update, it seems like it's going to give some much needed flavor to each weapon type.

20. L3W

L3W Ketchup Robot

Interesting. I can't wait to try out the hammers!

Marxon likes this.