21st September - Spin the Battle

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Sep 21, 2015.

1. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

metadept submitted a new blog post:

21st September - Spin the Battle

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Kientero, Axe Garian, Faira and 23 others like this.
  2. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

This attack will be PERFECT for my Hylotl character! Great job Chucklefish!

OrbitalMan, Yzzey, suga2010 and 4 others like this.
  3. Unclever title

Unclever title Cosmic Narwhal

Nice! I like the new spinning spear. Once it's balanced (say similar length to 2 hand sword blocking and a similar cooldown) it seems like a perfect ability for spears, a sort of "offensive blocking."

4. Dinoyipi

Dinoyipi Big Damn Hero

But can it slow your falling speed?

5. Daldril

Daldril Subatomic Cosmonaut

Now that we have the staff in working order, we just need some exploding cards and maybe a coat and Gambit is ready :)
    [​IMG]

6. PangolinScholar

PangolinScholar Space Spelunker

I'm really glad to see the new secondary abilities at work.

Are there any other ideas for spears? Like a retrievable tossed one or flinging away enemies?

7. foreck

foreck Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's so so so so cool, love the style, keep on with the amazing work and thanks again for the optimization from the other day, now I can finally play the game :D

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Whoops, there go my pants~

Igeloi, Jarod, necroxzero and 2 others like this.
  9. Lintton

Lintton Guest

YES! Yesyesyes! All of my yes!

Hatsya Souji and n1t3n like this.
  10. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I dig that spear technique!

Now, can the Apex rapiers have their 'tech'nique? I wanna dash and lunge a Floran head with their fencing shortswords.

11. AliasPseudonym

AliasPseudonym Big Damn Hero

This is awesome! It adds some more incentive to using different weapons, too. Maybe add some sweet ground smashes for hammers.

12. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

That is.
    So awesome.

And very fitting of the hylotl character using it, it fits very well with their visuals! Have you ever thought of using such abilities in the weapons from racial crafting lists as a way of further detailing the differences between the weapons and tools of each races beyond just their visuals?

Because I really coudn't think of making a more "hylotl" spear weapon than this ability seems to give(and for some reasons, I could imagine another race's spear weapon instead have a ranged attack alt of throwing the spear... maybe for florans or avians?).

Morzan, jasonzoo123 and Hatsya Souji like this.
  13. DaedricShadow

DaedricShadow Pangalactic Porcupine

Moving platforms: all I've ever wanted.

14. Nekobi

Nekobi Void-Bound Voyager

Looks nice!

But the thing I'm more excited about are the generated quests, new physics and moving platforms that are announced!

I really hope that the new combat system will correct the "kill in 2 second or be killed in 2 second" thing (look to the GIF, it kills the monsters in just a few seconds...). However, the second abilities are cool!
    And if the sword that could be found would be stronger than the one we can craft, I would be so happy!

A last thing, can you implement an "mini-underground biome" system? The Hive sub-biome looks neat, but I prefer it to be like mini-biome in caves, with monsters and everything like that, pleeeeaaase! (The caverns looks so better now, give them even more diversity and interesting adds!)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  15. Breakout

Breakout Big Damn Hero

Nice! I am curious now about changes to other weapons. It would be cool if my Novakid could use Gun Kata.

16. MarshCreature

MarshCreature Void-Bound Voyager

whoa that's so dam cool i use spears as my main weapon cant wait to see what hammers will do

17. Ztwinkler

Ztwinkler Aquatic Astronaut

Hammer throw? Hammer throw.

18. KingMufasa

KingMufasa Orbital Explorer

SPIN TO WIN

Jarod, Morzan, Auraknight and 3 others like this.
  19. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

Spin to win! :D

Looks very useful.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  20. Nujuju299

Nujuju299 Big Damn Hero

That... Looks.... AWESOME!
    Personally that looks like something I would have expected from a double edged sword or spear, but regardless, add in more unique combat abilities!

Just off the bat, going for so long spinning like that seems like it'll be over powered, however it looks awesome too so I guess, shorter spin time? I would like to see more weapons to have more unique abilities to just be able to do more things and look even more epic.

Korano25 and jasonzoo123 like this.