8th September - Fighting Evil by Flashlight

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Anime as heck is the best description ever

2. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

If a rainbow version of that 2-handed sword charge exist, I'd name it «PRISMATIC DIVIDE»!

Also, would there be an offensive dash technique that'll require a one-handed sword & tech equipped?

jonathonspy, Kawa and MrChow like this.
  3. Akogishi

Akogishi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are those explosive rounds coming out of the assault rifle weapon? And what is that other gun doing afterwards?

Axe Garian likes this.
  4. HellArcher

HellArcher Void-Bound Voyager

Heck, heck, heck. Hmmmmm... Heck minibiome redo confirmed!

Ankali, Daldril and Hatsya Souji like this.
  5. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Does this mean Flashlights have been nerfed?
    This hand of mine glows with an AWESOME POWER. Its burning grip tells me to defeat you. Take this! MY LOVE, MY ANGER, AND ALL OF MY SORROW - SHINING FINGER SWORD! Go! GO! GO!

6. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Wow. I love those new animations
    And the underground parallax, another eye candy of awesomeness.
    Nice job guys!

Axe Garian likes this.
  7. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Those phalanxes are AMAZIONATING!
    And that gun is certainly interesting... But I will stick to the guns you just have to point in the right direction, rather than point the cursor at the target. I don't want to move my hand that much :)

TechnoVibe likes this.
  8. TechnoVibe

TechnoVibe Big Damn Hero

Looks like it's a delayed/charged shot. Probably does more damage than a normal immediate shot. I'd love to see that on sniper rifles.

Awwwww yis! My dream of being a crazy apex resistance member with a lightsaber may finally come true!

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. DaedricShadow

DaedricShadow Pangalactic Porcupine

That sword is so anime, it should have a special ability that transforms you into a Gundam mech and launches you into outer space to fight the Anti-Spiral race with a sword made of Life Fibers.
    cute.gif

10. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Awesome work, seriously!

By the way, have you folks thought of using some of these more unique abilities in the racial weapons crafting recipes lists? To give one type of ability to one race's weapons, and others to another race's would be a great way of increasingly making each races more unique.
    Since right now every race's craftables weapons seems to be roughly the same except for the novakids crafting guns instead of melee weapons(which is a very nice unique touch though).

Hatsya Souji and Morzan like this.
  11. jpmrocks

jpmrocks Phantasmal Quasar

I'm hoping "anime as heck" is a hint to Heck coming back ;_;
    Great stuff nonetheless!

12. Kirumaru

Kirumaru Pangalactic Porcupine

Winning love by daylight.
    Never running from a real fight.

Efa43 and Hatsya Souji like this.
  13. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I'd do that if I can dual-wield a Star Cleaver and Slave Sword — hope not to get tentacle'd back on Earth.

14. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

i figured you guys would do something something with underground background, theres a decent looking reperesentation underground atmosphere hidden behind those extensive amounts of dirt n stone, let down your walls and let your art be free!

15. Milly Rainbowskittlez

Milly Rainbowskittlez Cosmic Narwhal

Love the paralaxes :D:D Especially since my warehouse is deep underground, so this is like.. the most perfect thing everX3
    Cant wait for this next updates >W< it cant come soon enough!

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  16. Merlander

Merlander Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do the devs expect Starbound to eventually reach Terraria levels of complexity, or is the plan to compensate by making other things as diverse as combat making every mechanic improved from Terraria except combat. Both are entirely fine by me, but I wonder how close we are to the apex of some of Starbound's mechanics. As much as I'd love to ride the train where this game will last forever continually improving I know there's an end, be it a few months or a few years there's an end. On a less melodramatic note so far loving the new parallax and the secondary functions of the weapons are looking swell.

Datcrazyguy and Hatsya Souji like this.
  17. DarkishScotScot

DarkishScotScot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, all three of those weapons look good! hope you add color variations to that sword's special ability! Perhaps, add variations to the particle effects and maybe the extent of the sword's reach as well. (?)

18. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Will the asteroid biome get another look too? Even if you are in space you should be able to see the sun and planets at times, even if not a sun rise.

Axe Garian, DragonsForce and Nekobi like this.
  19. Nekobi

Nekobi Void-Bound Voyager

I love the new parallax so much! <3
    It change a lot of the "only rocks" background, so cool!

I also hope you planned to make some caves generation with stalactites, stalagmites, like the "mine" dungeon, with the visible parallax too (where some second-plan blocks are missing, and let this beautiful parallax visible, else this will be a pity :p)

Continue the great work Chuckefish Team! ^^
    But don't forget, you still need to make the mechanics and the progression better while the artists are working on those pretty things, or I hope you're already doing it ~