[STABLE] Pleased Giraffe Update 4

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Sep 3, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

[STABLE] Pleased Giraffe Update 4

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  2. khalismur

khalismur Big Damn Hero

About time for some performance improvements. Good to hear.

3. Zar roc

Zar roc Void-Bound Voyager

4. user2345562

user2345562 Guest

So i'm allowed to hold a spear out and stop any attack from that general direction?
    Or is it going to be randomly generated effect for spears?
    I MUST KNOW

5. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I wish I was home on IRC to say this directly, but, goddamn, healthire these weapon attack variations are beautiful!

6. NonBritGit

NonBritGit Cosmic Narwhal

Is that infuriating delay still in there when you switch to a weapon? I'm always out mining or chopping and get jumped by a mob. That 1-2 second delay after switching to my weapon drives me crazy.

Hedix likes this.
  7. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

That delay prevents people from constantly switching between weapons to effectively circumvent cooldown times altogether.

TheyCallMePie and Lintton like this.
  8. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

That looks COOL! (i.e. more realistic... I wouldn't want to use that hammer, but that is good because I don't want to anyways, exept for the high damage output... Longswords is where it is at for me. Blocking shots until I get close, than smack them in the face.
    I really like the spear... I might actually use one when this gets implemented! (Not as main weapon though)

9. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I'd like to thrust my hammer on a USCM punk, and see them flying towards the walls! :devil:

10. infernalbane

infernalbane Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if you've noticed, but there are still some problems with the fully upgraded Novakid spaceship/spacetrain's last car. The invisible blocks are still there and I know you can replace them with real blocks, then remove them to manually fix it, and well... I really don't want to complain, but could you please put this in the next fix or something? :) Thanks!

Also, to all those curious Starbounders out there, this is a FANTASTIC game!

Hedix, DaedricShadow and Hatsya Souji like this.
  11. Akogishi

Akogishi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Spear looks awesome! Nice work. Quality update today.

12. NonBritGit

NonBritGit Cosmic Narwhal

That's why I said when switching TO a weapon, not from another weapon. No reason for the delay to be in there when switching from a non-combat item.

Hedix, Kittails and Morzan like this.
  13. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

my face 8[ ] hows this posebel so soon? who are you guys and what have you don to the devs

ijones27 and DragonsForce like this.
  14. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

Woah! The hammer attack is just like how it is in M&L Superstar Saga. You have to hold it and then let go at the right time when the enemy is about to attack. That makes me want to use hammers even more now. That's awesome!

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

Oh wow, MASSIVE buff to spears. Maybe they'll finally be worth using over broadswords.

Hedix likes this.
  16. glirp

glirp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

just got to love how the visual c++ runtime installation is still, after all those years, a consistent pain in the asses of users and developers alike. good jorb microsoft, as always

Voidnaut and Axe Garian like this.
  17. TheFudgement

TheFudgement Ketchup Robot

[​IMG]

Dat recoil & shells tho

18. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

That is untrue. Switching back and forth from any item and back to your weapon would just as exploitive.
    For example: I have a big hammer with a high cooldown time. Without the startup delay, I could quickly switch to my matter manipulator and back to my hammer and instantly swing again. Ranged weapons like rocket launchers could also be exploited this way (to a lesser extent because they rely on your energy pool as well).

I'm not trying to shut down your idea, but I'm just trying to explain why the current annoying delay exists.

TheyCallMePie likes this.
  19. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

I was just thinking about how Sword+Shield and 2-handed sword seem way better than other melee options, glad to see Spears and Hammers get their own thing. :)
    I was kinda hoping to see a lunging forward jab on spears, but this is cool too. Especially if it works with Dash.

20. HimochiIsAwesome

HimochiIsAwesome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh man, I've always been a big sucker for Spears but this just gives me more of a reason to love them! I can finally stop those darn punks (read: monsters) and their annoying charge attacks. :p

(The shells from the gun is also super cool and a lovely small touch to make it nicer! Good job!)