2nd September - Mission Impossible

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by SamuriFerret, Sep 2, 2015.

1. SamuriFerret submitted a new blog post:

2nd September - Mission Impossible

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

Awesome! Can't wait to play the new/updated missions :D

jonathonspy and Medkit like this.
  3. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

That looks awesome! I want more missions :)
    And I would love missions on something like an abandoned spaceship, with (kraken-?) monsters inhabiting the dead hull.

4. KnightofSpace

KnightofSpace Void-Bound Voyager

Hooray! More missions!
    Maybe one day we'll have missions made by people in the community. I think it would give some of those awesome creators out there more of a chance to show their work!
    Anyways, keep up the great work!:DD

5. Krabbe

Krabbe Pangalactic Porcupine

A human mission maybe? where you'll teleport to Earth and try to fight some tentacle thingy as boss[DOUBLEPOST=1441215234][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The devs might then have do modified the missions a little to make it match the lore

Skelozard1 and PabloM like this.
  6. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

A book-finding mission from Koichi post-Tentacle finale. The thing is, most of those books are forbidden, and may be hinting a looming presence of other sentients (that's some of the popular race mods) around the multiverse, or speaking about the origins of the Starcleaver, the elemental swords, and oddly: a secret diary of him having feelings to Nuru!

Temchak and DragonsForce like this.
  7. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Although I have to say that I like the idea, it might be a bit unrealistic to defeat a monster the size of a planet on foot. Maybe instead go to what is left of earth, fight smaller tentacle monsters and help the "resistance" to use some form of weapon of mass destruction...

8. Defenseless

Defenseless Phantasmal Quasar

is that a boomerang? :O

9. mccoyed

mccoyed Void-Bound Voyager

Definitely some lore-based, puzzle-solving missions. I like the idea of a few Starbound dungeons that are staged less like Megaman (not that I don't love Megaman) and a bit more like one of the prominent 2D puzzle/mystery games like the Blackwell Series or Gemini Rue. This would give you guys an excuse to flesh out some of the lore, or do some self-contained stories which are largely user generated.

Some ideal scenarios would be:

-Discover what happened on board the Derelict Ship
    -Follow the trail of notes left by an Archaeologist in a mysterious alien ruin
    -Solve a crime in an Apex/Human settlement

And so on.

10. mr kalloo

mr kalloo Lucky Number 13

I would like to see a misson about the Floran and Hyotl history

Khimaria, Temchak, Godbot and 5 others like this.
  11. AnarchyBlues

AnarchyBlues Starship Captain

I think I could do with fewer missions actually. What's the point of a sandbox if you're just gonna make us run through linear levels to progress?

12. InfinityGaming

InfinityGaming 2.7182818284590...

I want to see a mission in where a human player character, having made such a name for himself by doing missions from the outpost, gets contacted by the USCM. The player would then go to the USCM space station, only to find that it was actually a trap. The USCM considers the player-character to be a threat to their control of the remaining human colonies, and so they try to eliminate you. Throughout the mission, you would make your way through the space station fighting USCM troopers, and trying to get into a shuttle docked in the hanger. But first, you hunt down the USCM commander who called you here and fight him in some sort of boss battle, and when you kill him you get a special gun, preferably an officer's revolver of some sort. You then make your way to the hanger, and escape. And now you also have a shuttle docked in your ship that you can land on planets?

Edit: Also, the shuttle would act as a sort of container, in which you could store large quantities of materials that you could later transport back to your main ship.

13. Grynnreaper

Grynnreaper Void-Bound Voyager

With maybe the ability to restore said ship cuz its better than yours and unaffiliated with any race? component hunt ending with cannibalizing your own ship for bits

14. [pixelmonster]

[pixelmonster] Big Damn Hero

We need novakid and hylotl missions... Or at least dungeons.

Khimaria, Temchak, Godbot and 5 others like this.
  15. Kittani

Kittani Void-Bound Voyager

I would like to see some missions that are "nods" to some of the classic games in the genre. Making a mega-man styled level, or metroid, or whatever, using the resources in the game but enough that someone who played the classics would get.

Medkit, livanbard and General Nuclear like this.
  16. Cgeta

Cgeta Pangalactic Porcupine

It would be funny if there was a small side mission involving rescuing a princess from a castle

The mission map is pretty much a marioesque jump'n'run map, going only to the right.

Maybe even make enemies you can jump on :3

17. Grynnreaper

Grynnreaper Void-Bound Voyager

Parody planets lol

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Did you mean this hylotl mission?
    hylotlmission.png

n1t3n, Medkit and DragonsForce like this.
  19. JoftheTman

JoftheTman Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe a mission that involves Novakids. Perhaps a group of Novakid bandits attack a town/other spaceship/ etc, and you have to stop them. It could help give Novakids a more fleshed out personality. perhaps you could jump between the "cars" of a space-train-ship-thingy, taking out the crew and captains, until eventually the boss may be some kind of chase thing on top of the train-ship, where you are fighting against a very strong Novakid leader of some sort. Maybe there's hostages to rescue in the engine room you get into after beating the boss. Maybe the Novakid's intentions could be explained through them being in cahoots with the Big Ape, or U.S.C.M or something.

20. Kittani

Kittani Void-Bound Voyager

Oh! how about "epic" missions that span multiple dungeons and areas with different bosses. You have to assemble the components from multiple quests to make some sort of ultimate weapon or armor. I'm kinda thinking like the epic quests were in Everquest, too, whereby some portions would be difficult to do without friends helping. (Just don't squish single players dreams)