26th August - Frozen Biome!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 26, 2015.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

26th August - Frozen Biome!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Mythekos

Mythekos Big Damn Hero

First! And looks great. Can't wait to see the new biomes.

3. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

Awesome :D
    Will these be in the nightly update soon or are they something whose addition might even make it in the stable update?

4. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

can't wait for the 'let it go' jokes

5. InsanityPie

InsanityPie Phantasmal Quasar

That screenshot kind of reminds me of phendrana drifts from metroid prime... then again alot of the game reminds me of metroid, even the music sounds a bit like metroids

Could be imagining it though xD

Spritley Jack and Plex_Director like this.
  6. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

The stable update has already happened, good sir! But they may push the next few updates to stable quickly like they tend to do after a large update.

Ludovic likes this.
  7. Orcra956

Orcra956 Void-Bound Voyager

Very cool, I'm especially diggin' those windows.

8. Caidoz

Caidoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does this mean we'll get another stable update soon once all the biomes are updated?

(Also, I hope you guys seriously consider adding most if not all of the new biomes from Frackin Universe, because it more than doubles what's currently in the game)

Oberic, Sick Sad World and PabloM like this.
  9. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

outpost parts... yes!

Tamorr and 1nfinitezer0 like this.
  10. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

This looks great! And that very much includes the structure :) A legit sorce of radar dishes, and that antenna! Also more outpost blocks! All my favourite building materials...

11. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

I guess you could say that this updated biome looks...
    :cool:
    Cool.

Terrible puns aside, that looks much better. Shame it didn't make it to the latest stable. Can't wait to destroy it on the nightly, whenever it's up.

12. Plex_Director

Plex_Director Pangalactic Porcupine

So one can assume that instead of just two small and one big "standard issue" Outpost-style microdungeons we'll get an assortment of new and furthermore surface based ones?
    Consider me hyped!

The wait for those will be a painful one though. I suppose they'll be introduced with the combat update...
    Never mind though because we'll get awesome new Outpost structures.

13. Poachyinator

Poachyinator Void-Bound Voyager

I'd also love to see randomly generated quests :chucklefish: Imagine landing on a planet, and you pick up a quest at a nearby village asking you to clear out a dungeon somewhere else on the planet. :sarcasm:

Spritley Jack, skid324 and Fadari like this.
  14. It looks awesome ^^

15. Stephano Jones

Stephano Jones Void-Bound Voyager

Yes! Another surface building for me to remodel into a house! Also, there'll finally be an outpost-like structure on the surface.

16. Hasu105

Hasu105 Subatomic Cosmonaut

but but... i love the tundran plains ' ^ '

17. Sick Sad World

Sick Sad World Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh, cool! Real chill!

Terrific work as always.

18. Harvenheit

Harvenheit Void-Bound Voyager

looks great, but please add grasslands back to game or as lifeless biome (looks better than the dead planet )

i really miss this biome

19. Femmex

Femmex Industrial Terraformer

The building looks great ^^

I just wonder why a forth snow-themed planet? Or is it just a workover of an old one?

20. Nimeni

Nimeni Big Damn Hero

What?! "push the next few updates to stable quickly like they tend to do after a large update" hahahahaha. Let me tell you how it goes and I'm a "hater" : new shit....Nightly, then after a very long time unstable, then finally stable.
    Yup another delusional guy right here...."Does this mean we'll get another stable update soon once all the biomes are updated". And about that Frackin Universe mod, didn't you learn already that the guys that creates mods are more talented than the actual devs? And it's kind of weird....they have metadept in the team, but he manages to blend so well with the others.....let's extend the development for this game as much as we can™.

Wooooooooooooooo, frozen stuff, so exciting, and I'm looking forward to what things you will create in the future! Hype, hype!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015