1.1 Beta Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ConcernedApe, Sep 28, 2016.

1. DanmakuGrazer

DanmakuGrazer Void-Bound Voyager

Summary of issue: Game crashing when spouse tries to feed the animals

Expected Behavior:
    Game loading normally when spouse tries to feed the animals in the morning

Actual Behavior:
    Game crashes when trying to load the save, crash log has the following: http://pastebin.com/raw/66Q2Kvm4 (sorry about the Italian in there).

Steps for Reproduction:
    Play the game normally on 1.07 until your spouse tells you they've fed the animals in the morning. Quit the game without saving and launch the 1.1 beta. Trying to load the save will cause the game to crash.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 7

• Doomlemon

Doomlemon Intergalactic Tourist

I hope my game saved... :<

Summary of issue:
      at 1:50AM after going to bed and showing the money screen, the game crashes

Expected Behavior: Game should have saved and new day would start

Actual Behavior: Game spontaneously closed.

Steps for Reproduction: In game, initiate multiple events (Drunk shane, Wizard's wife, Krobus openin a new area) and go to bed suuuuper late.

What Operating System are you using: OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

• Ennarcia

Ennarcia Void-Bound Voyager

Yay! I found something to report! (Should I be happy about this?) I've never beta'd anything before, so I hope this helps...

Summary of issue: Shane's heart event where he is on the floor in his room. Marnie phased through the door which didn't open, then my farmer couldn't get in, blocking off the rest of the event. (I would also like to add I saw the event the first time and it worked fine, but I closed my game without saving, went to see it again, and the issue happened. I tried it a third time and the event went on as planned.)

Expected Behavior: For the door to open and the event continue as normal.

Actual Behavior: Marnie ghosted through the closed door and my farmer was stuck trying to walk into the room but being unable.

Steps for Reproduction: Initiate the heart event multiple times? I have Shane at 8 hearts and triggered the event at exactly 9 am when the issue happened, while it was at least 9:10 whenever the event worked.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 10

ConcernedApe likes this.
        • Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I found another problem, and this one is critical...

Summary of issue: Trying to call up Steam Overlay menu crash the game

Expected Behavior: Steam Overlaying should work fine

Actual Behavior: Crashes, and without error log created.

Steps for Reproduction: using key shortcut Shift+Tab in-game.

• JazzBot

JazzBot Space Hobo

Summary of issue: Using any tool on/by the new geode node from the hill top farm besides the pick, crashes the game. Tested with axe, watering can, hoe and scythe. The chopping tools, axe and hoe, are easy to avoid this as it has to hit the node itself, but if any of the scythe's swing touches the node it will crash. I have two nodes on my farm, it happens with both.

Expected Behavior:
            Tool should just use as normal and not interact with the node.

Steps for Reproduction: Use non pick tool on geode node

What Operating System are you using: Win 10

• sirboulevard

sirboulevard Space Hobo

Summary of issue:
              Camping Heart Event with Emily does not trigger.

Expected Behavior:

Heart Event should trigger at the specified time mentioned in Emily's letter.

Actual Behavior:

Standard Zone transfer to Secret Woods

Steps for Reproduction:

After receiving Emily's letter to go camping after 10pm in the Secret woods, carried out normal daily tasks w/out entering the Secret Woods until 10pm, enter secret woods after 10.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 7 64x

• Wildbagel

Wildbagel Yeah, You!

Summary of issue: Shane sending mail to me.. after marriage.

Expected Behavior: Unsure.

Actual Behavior: Shane sends mail to me after we are already married. It is not mail leftover from before the marriage, as it has been approximately 20 days since.

Steps for Reproduction: Marriage to Shane, Female Character, 17th of Winter, 12 hearts, Shane outside after helping with chores. Empty mailbox the day before. Weather is snowing, time was 6:40 AM, Item received was a Pizza.

• shieldw01f

shieldw01f Space Hobo

This is not critical, just a slight oversight perhaps

Summary of issue:
                  Shane still shows a Stardrop as his relationship level (presumably Emily as well)

Expected Behavior: Relationship level shows as a purple dot as with other non-Bouquet singles

Actual Behavior: Stardrop shows in the bottom right of conversation box

Steps for Reproduction: talk to Shane in a game that already got him to 10 hearts before patch 1.1

• LittleMissLimos

LittleMissLimos Space Hobo

ConcernedApe you are my hero and I'm inspired by how dedicated you are to Stardew Valley and its fanbase. I haven't encountered any bugs yet in my beta testing but I had a question about the catalogs you can purchase from Pierre's and Robin's shops. When you buy the catalog do you have access to all items in it (whether flooring/wallpaper or furniture respectively) free of charge? Or once you buy either catalog do you then just have the ability to buy any of the perspective items when you want to?

• mewte

mewte Space Hobo

Summary of issue: Move building map deleted my barn.

Expected Behavior: For the barn to go back to where it was before, unchanged

Actual Behavior: I hit escape on the keyboard to exit the move building map. I had my barn chosen, but never thought it would have gotten deleted along with the animals inside of it.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 10 64-bit

• Allenb60

Allenb60 Orbital Explorer

The new content looks awesome, hopefully everything turns out alright for the next update!
                        My game crashed at the end of the day after entering the new sewer cave too, here is the error log, otherwise everything else was smooth

Attached Files:

• Wildbagel

Wildbagel Yeah, You!

Summary of issue: Alex's outdoor area is still there after divorce.

Expected Behavior: Removal of spouse's outdoor area after divorce.

Actual Behavior: Alex's outdoor activity area, behind the shipping box, is still on my farm after divorcing him the night before. His indoor room was removed correctly.

Steps for Reproduction: Marriage to Alex, go to Lewis' to file for divorce without talking to Alex. File for divorce, then immediately go home and talk to him before going to bed. The following morning his indoor area will be gone, but his outdoor area is still behind the shipping box.

Operating System: Windows 10

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

"Gold Clock" building (Magical Construction). Prevents weeds from spawning and fences from decaying on your farm.

Sounds great.

I'm sure I ate some Void Salmon a few days ago. Longest hours I've spent conscious in some time.

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Summary of issue: Heart emoticon displays incorrectly.

Expected Behavior: The heart emoticon should show correctly when petting your pet at Max Affection, or on Bulletin Boards.

Actual Behavior: Instead of a heart, you see a less-than sign.

Steps for Reproduction: Easy method would be to adopt a pet. Then Max out affection so the "petname loves you" dialog shows up.

What Operating System are you using: Ubuntu 14.04 64bit

Originally reported here:
                              http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/visual-emoticons-are-not-displayed.122689/

In the original report as seen in the above link. It was mapped to a unicode-like error block, now it's showing "<". I named my cat "Miso<*". I included the "*" in the name to show what the heart is currently mapped to for dialogue.

Beta2.png

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Summary of issue: Spring 1, Year 1, the Weatherman says it is going to rain tomorrow

Expected Behavior:
                                Rain on Spring 2, Year 1

Actual Behavior:
                                Bright sunny skies as far as the eye can see!

Steps for Reproduction:
                                Start a new game, seems to be any map, check the weather forecast before you collect your parsnip bundle

What Operating System are you using: Linux Mint 17

Also, has the Clay thing been reported? Eh, I hate to do this, but yea... dig up clay with a hoe anywhere on the map, digging in the spot immediately above it is guaranteed to also yield clay. Keep going for massive clay yields. Not sure if bug or feature, but you did fix the tapping stumps, so I figured this is probably on your list too.

• Blaster

Blaster Void-Bound Voyager

Summary of issue: By using the scythe tool or your sword on the casks, they are destroyed and don't drop anything.

Expected Behavior: The scythe tool or sword shouldn't have an effect by using it on the casks.

Actual Behavior: The caks are destroyed.

Steps for Reproduction: Press left click with your scythe tool near any cask.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 10 - 64 bits.

(Sorry for my bad english ^w^)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
                                  • shinylittlebeast

shinylittlebeast Space Hobo

Summary of issue: Tag under boyfriend (Elliot) says single

Expected Behavior: tag should say "boyfriend", not single

Actual Behavior: Have given bouquets to two NPC's, married to one (Sebastian), girlfriend to another (Elliot). Under elliot it says "single" even though it displays a bouquet

Steps for Reproduction:

What Operating System are you using: OSX Yosemite

• Cog-Neato

Cog-Neato Space Hobo

Summary of issue: Started a new riverland farm and there were weeds spawning in the water on the farm, close to the southern exit (though close enough to land to scythe down)

Expected Behavior: Weeds do not spawn in the water

Actual Behavior: Weeds spawn in the water

Steps for Reproduction: Start a riverlands farm. Spring, year 1, day 1

Salamander Sundaes likes this.
                                      • ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

They are all available for free from the catalogues! You just have to pay the one-time price to buy the catalogue.

• Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I have found minor, exploitable bug about movement speed.

No.1 )

Summary of issue: Farmer move at the unexpected speed after slowness debuff wears off.

Expected Behavior: Should be resolved correctly.

Actual Behavior: Farmer moves way faster that he should be.

Steps for Reproduction: Getting attacked by slime until affected by slowness debuff and immediately use food item that gain you speed buff.

No.2 )
                                          Summary of issue: Horse gain slight speed boost if Farmer has affected by speed buff.

Expected Behavior: Horseback riding speed should be unaffected.

Actual Behavior: Farmer's speed buff affect horse's movement speed.

Steps for Reproduction: Riding your house while you got speed buff from food item(s).

Edit : added footage

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016