1.1 Beta Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ConcernedApe, Sep 28, 2016.

1. sophiekle

sophiekle Space Hobo

now its gone.

• Jack123

Jack123 Space Spelunker

Summary of issue: After saving game and exiting , when loading save game crashes.

Expected Behavior: Save game should load.

Actual Behavior: Loading save causes game to crashes

Steps for Reproduction: ill post error log. http://pastebin.com/EcL2mzJJ

What Operating System are you using: Window 7

should be noted this is a preexisting save game.

• Waraji

Waraji Void-Bound Voyager

Tested:
        This placement seems intended. You are able to move to all areas of the farm regardless, just have to take longer route. Breaking these would create shortcuts though, therefore probably intended.

Devstorm likes this.
        • Peggylizzie123

Peggylizzie123 Aquatic Astronaut

Summary of issue: A bridge on the stream in the mining farm has an invisible block

Expected Behavior: To be able to walk through it.

Actual Behavior: Have to walk around it.

Steps for Reproduction: Confused on meaning of this sentence (sorry).

What Operating System are you using: Mac OS X

• HenryWW

HenryWW Aquatic Astronaut

Thank you so much, i was really waiting for this update, specially for the empty storage room for Kegs and the "auto harvest" feature (hope the junimos can keep up with my 2k + plots haha) I'll boot up and hunt those pesky bugs right now, just wanted to hop in and give my thanks to you!! =D

ConcernedApe likes this.
            • dechile

dechile Space Hobo

Summary of issue: When starting off a new game, the character's general dialogue (ex. Gus saying "Pierre's got the good stuff" at Pierre's general store) is before the initial dialogue greeting the character.

Expected Behavior: Every character should greet the player on their first encounter with their first dialogue being the greeting.

Actual Behavior: Normal dialogue comes first.

Steps for Reproduction: Create a new player, speak to any character for the first time.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 10

• ConcernedApe

ConcernedApe Stardew Valley Dev Developer

In order to really solve this one I'd need your save file. If you're willing, you can find it in %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves. There should be a folder with your character's name and a bunch of numbers. Just zip that folder and send it to me, either via link or by messaging me and we can figure out an alternate way. Thank you!

SteampunkAndroid likes this.
                • Ipielle

Ipielle Title Not Found

Hello ConcernedApe,
                  Thank you so much for the amazing work you are doing. This game is awesome and I cannot wait to try the new version.
                  By the way, is the drop rate of the artifacts à little bit higher? I am at my fifth year in game and I spent the last two years gathering all the artifacts but despite that, I am still missing two of them and have been looking for quite a while in all the places they could be.
                  That would be great if something was done so that we can find artifacts more easily.
                  Once again, thank you so much for this wonderful game and the new version. I will try and help for the beta as soon as I have gotten some sleep! ^^

ConcernedApe likes this.
                  • 987jonah

987jonah Void-Bound Voyager

Just a question I had, if I were to start a new save file in the beta branch will it be wiped when 1.1 is officially released?

• SteampunkAndroid

SteampunkAndroid Orbital Explorer

Aaaah, I'm so incredibly excited for this update!! Thank you, CA! ;v;
                      I do have a quick bug report for Beta 1.1 tho!

Summary of issue: Can't choose a place to build Shed

Expected Behavior: Usually the spaces are shown on-screen to show where one can place a building, but doesn't appear or allow placement

Actual Behavior: no placement tiles, unable to place shed, behaves as if I'm moving buildings

Steps for Reproduction: move buildings, ask Robin to build a shed

What Operating System are you using: Windows 10 64-bit
                      [​IMG]

Also, there's a tile that looks like a rock near the bottom-left of the exterior of the greenhouse that can't be removed and blocks me from being able to place a building there. I'm pretty sure this is a bug?

crayola sunset likes this.
                      • MissMdeJ

MissMdeJ Space Hobo

I'll be over here sitting in the "waiting for GOG" section. Argh, and trying to not be impatient. I write good bug reports, too.

• ConcernedApe

No, I always make it a priority to preserve everyone's save files. Unless something crazy happens (which I can't imagine), your save file will be fine. Even saves from the earliest beta versions of stardew valley still work.

Erick648, Risukage, Borodin and 3 others like this.
                          • lullabeen

lullabeen Void-Bound Voyager

Summary of issue: Started a new game and villagers give me their first round of "normal" dialogue before they give their "introduction" dialogue (i.e., Haley noted my lack of make up the first time I spoke to her, but when I spoke to her again she introduced herself.)

Expected Behavior: Introductions before starting into normal dialogue.

Actual Behavior: One round of "standard" dialogue before the introduction dialogue occurs.

Steps for Reproduction: Begin a new save file and introduce yourself.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 10

Not a huge deal but I figured I'd report it. Thanks so much!

• benchromatic

benchromatic Master Chief

Summary of issue: Text sprites in the items menu (and everywhere in the UI, seemingly) are incredibly blurry: http://i.imgur.com/UOb5pia.png

http://i.imgur.com/TppvMwq.png

Expected Behavior: The text sprites definitely used to be crisp.

Actual Behavior: ...they're not crisp.

Steps for Reproduction: It's there all the time for me.

What Operating System are you using: OS X El Capitan

I adore your game from the bottom of the heart! Sorry to be nitpicky but with how much quality you put in, I doubt you intended this.

• Thyme

Thyme Void-Bound Voyager

Have this one as well, but with Windows 8.1.

Summary of issue:
                                Steam Shift Tab crashes Stardew Valley

Expected Behavior: Steam shift Tab should display steam overlay

Actual Behavior: It just crashes Stardew Valley

Steps for Reproduction: Steam Shift Tab anytime while Stardew Valley is open crashes the game

What Operating System are you using: Windows 8.1.

• ConcernedApe

Did you try moving a building before you tried building one? There is an oversight (fixed on my end but not yet in the current beta version) that allows you to close the move buildings menu even if you are still in the process of moving a building, and if you went directly to the build menu (without closing out of the construciton menu in-between) I would imagine it would result in what you're experiencing. If you close out of Robin's menu completely and then go back in, does it work?

SteampunkAndroid likes this.
                                  • pyxamid

pyxamid Space Spelunker

Summary of issue: Back button still covers bottom two farm's text on character screen

Expected Behavior: Back button remains behind farm text

Actual Behavior: Back button covers farm text

Steps for Reproduction: Go to the character creation screen, try to hover over the text for the farms 4 + 5

What Operating System are you using: Mac OSX 10.11.1

Still an issue here :(

• Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

"Giving someone a gift on their birthday will never make your spouse jealous"

the change everyone needed

• magesoren

magesoren Space Hobo

Just a couple of small text issues..

Summary of issue: When introducing yourselves to townsfolk for the first time, they'll say some of their normal dialogue first then greet you as the new farmer.

Expected Behavior:
                                        Townsfolk greet you as the new farmer first.

Actual Behavior:
                                        General text box appears first.

Steps for Reproduction:
                                        Talk to any of the townsfolk for the first time.

What Operating System are you using: Windows 8

and

Summary of issue: If you try to talk to Shane in the bar you get the popup that appears when he's working at Joja.

Expected Behavior:
                                        Shane converses with you at the bar.

Actual Behavior:
                                        It tells you he's busy with work.

Steps for Reproduction:
                                        Talk to Shane in the bar (I had just visited him at work and given him a gift, so maybe this has something to do with it?)

What Operating System are you using: Windows 8

• Devstorm

Devstorm Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, looks like you can if you meander around, it's just a little more challenging. Thanks!

Waraji likes this.