Dev Blog 1.0.4 - Changelog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Thank you!

2. Sultan

Sultan Void-Bound Voyager

1.0.3 introduced "pressing the key for a selected action bar slot now deselects the slot". I don't see anything related in the change log for 1.0.4.

That experiment has played out now. Please either revert this change or make it a configurable option. We already have the keybinding for "z" which accomplishes the same thing. Many of us depend on pressing the number keys to re-assert we have a particular slot selected (even if it's already selected). This is causing real problems/panic/tragedy in game.

Please... I'm begging you.

3. RapidHabit

RapidHabit Space Hobo

After update it appears the dedicated server isn't reading my config files. Just tested and was able to login to my server without the server password. Also it's not accepting the admin credentials to login as an admin. Anyone else having this issue?

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Thanks for the update, guys. Minor big fixes are important, but I hope you are also working on bigger isues and also new game features too!

5. Koh

Koh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• fix a graphical bug when fuel tank contains more than its maximum fuel capacity

• fix Blink Dash dropping through platforms

These two were bugging me, literally. The Blink Dash just went downward and it was more like a "Dangerous Blink" instead of a "Blink Dash"

Good job there! :spider:

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

The Spider Jerusalem smiley makes that statement look ridiculously sarcastic.

7. Eonwulf

Eonwulf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Something else to fix is when you are in admin mode and you are at the pixel printer printing, maybe its just me, but memory starts leaking like crazy. The game starts using multiple GB of memory for no reason even after you leave the printer.

Nemo1989 likes this.
  8. Dsstar

Dsstar Space Hobo

Which items did they adjust the prices too?

9. Tweak

Tweak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Woot! Chat bubble brevity was among my peeves. I have no idea how much I've missed.

10. Tiakatt

Tiakatt Tentacle Wrangler

The change to touch damage during mob invulnerable states is nice, thanks!

Any chance of a reversion of 1.0.3's change to how the action bar works? Many of us have a habit of tapping a weapon bind as we enter combat as we're often exploring with something else out and in the past this guaranteed we were combat-ready. If we don't happen to have something else out, we're entering combat empty-handed. This is particularly bad in panic situations. There weren't really any problems caused by the old system, as we had a dedicated key to put away whatever we were carrying, and clicking is also an option. NPCs are no longer upset by us having weapons out, and even if they were, both the keybind and clicking would work for that, anyway. I'm sure the change was intended to be a QoL improvement, and the thought is appreciated, but it's working out to be a QoL loss instead. Please consider reversion or at least a toggle for that behaviour.

I never, ever want hitting 1 to put away the weapon I have on 1. I never want accidentally doubletapping my salve bind in an emergency (the most likely time for it to happen) to put my salve away. I never want to be empty-handed in combat.

MasterPredator, onel13hl and samv like this.
  11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

What I would like, is for them to set a Hotbar Default in the Options Menu to get the L/R functionality back.

Like... "Hotbar Default: x" And I'd set it to 1.

If I have, say, #4 active and I hit the 4 button while 4 is active, it switches to #1.

I'm hoping that this is a beginning towards that end. I would love to do the same with my Matter Manipulator.... hit R, mine some blocks out, get attacked hit R again and automatically whip my weapon out to deal with the problem. Or, hit 2 for bandaid... use bandaid... then hit 2 again to bring out my weapon to continue the fight.

--OR--

"Hit button again to return to previous button"

Scenario #1: You're on 4 (gun). You hit 2 (bandaid), use bandaid, hit 2 again and it returns you to 4. Hit 4 again and you end up with #2.

Scenario #2: You're on 1 (sword/shield). You hit 3 for torch, place a torch and hit 3 again and you go back to 1.

Scenario #3: You're on #5 (staff) and you need your grappling gun. You hit #6 for grapple gun, grapple, and then hit 6 again to go back to 5.

I could see that being very useful.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  12. caroger

caroger Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone else encounter severe framerate issues after this update? I had been running the game great up until today after the update installed. Now its pretty much unplayable. :(

Lord Sinclair likes this.
  13. Nemo1989

Nemo1989 Void-Bound Voyager

I am simply glad someone else even has such ridiculous issues. This can make my system use up to 100% of ram avaible. But i wouldn't hold my breath about them doing anything about it. I just deal with that by alt-tabbing and checking resources use and if starbound is above 5gb - shut it down before its too late.

14. Eonwulf

Eonwulf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah that's what I do. And now on my character even when I'm not in admin mode, the memory just leaks in the pixel printer. It must've been one of the items I scanned near the end of the decorations tab because I was constantly checking but I had no way to go back and see what item it was.

15. platonist

platonist Void-Bound Voyager

This is just factually untrue, though.
    People with top-of-the-line machines (brand new i7 with GeForce GT 1080 and 16GB ram etc) get these problems too. There's a huge thread on reddit with about 400-500 points from the past week where people with Great computers report single player lag & low fps.
    Just because the game runs fine on most computers, doesn't mean it's not in need of optimization.

I agree with you over all though. Since this is an actual problem, there should be someone working on it right now and I'm patient, not creating "what about x" posts in every thread. Just wanted to point out that you're making a mistake here. :)

ErebusAmauro likes this.
  16. pipirupi123

pipirupi123 Void-Bound Voyager

people complaining about low FPS and here I'am four patches in and still can't even run the game :/ already created a bug report with all the screenshots,logs and specs *sigh*

17. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

Steam doesn't include OpenGL version as an option in system requirements, so we list a version of DirectX of roughly the same vintage. There may be some older cards which support DirectX 9 and do not support OpenGL 2, but we don't have the ability to be more specific about that.

GDorn and Ainzoal like this.
  18. SolsKing

SolsKing Space Spelunker

A very small missed detail: the starbound.exe file still says version 0.9.0.0 and 0.9beta in its detail properties.

19. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

I am wondering if 'Unstable' will ever disappear from the list of games on Steam.

20. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Considering they still have content updates planned, nope...

Koh likes this.