Dev Blog 1.0.2 - Memory leak fix!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Neeshka

Neeshka Void-Bound Voyager

So why do a whole new install build for GOG and HumbleBundle and not just offer a rollup patch?

2. thogrinn

thogrinn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yep, with MSI afterburner, Rivatuner/R.Tuner stat server :) You can find tutos on google :)

Usually, because of high temp in my home, i prefer lock FPS to avoid GPU fan goin' to 50% and scream :)

3. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Very happy to see you guys are swift to patch the game and that you haven't forgotten about us GOG users. But can we get an update in regards to post 1.0 plans? There were things you guys had marked as to do for 1.0 that didn't make it into 1.0. I'd love to hear about mechs, more vehicle variety, support for player built space stations.....though I wouldn't complain if you posted about plans for console ports and releases either(especially if they involve the PS4).

4. ApexCollective

ApexCollective Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can you still make guns at the accelerator table? On the wiki it says that all you can craft now is a bow and a little pistol

5. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Well... I wouldn't call it a little pistol... And the bow is actually pretty powerful... I just like to use the weapons I fine since they scale to planet level.

6. Kaiax

Kaiax Aquatic Astronaut

Wow,ok this is funny.Usually,my CPU use is at 50% when I play starbound,I used the MSI to lock my fps at 25 fps and it was ok for like 5 mins but it goes at 50% again and my fan is going crazy.I really hope that the game will get optimized in the future,because I can't play the game right now.

Lord Sinclair likes this.
  7. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Well... Further optimized anyway... You can't really optimally omnipotently optimize obviously obtuse programs that use obnoxious amounts of CPU.
    Basically, you can't please everyone when trying to optimize a game, without knowing what everyone has.

8. Kaiax

Kaiax Aquatic Astronaut

The problem is that I played this game like 8 months ago,and I didn't had any performance issues.

9. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

Well, USCM Prisons are still in... But yeah, I also want the bunkers back, they probably where my favourite structure besides that sci-fi tomb thingys.

Ruuzdahfrost likes this.
  10. bonberjean

bonberjean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You know what could be nice? A rare planet with a big city (covering all of the planet), no hostile creatures or whatsoever and the background would be of a bit city (with cars flying just like the tutorial), A place like that would be nice to explore and trade with locals (or even recruit crew members)

11. Thomas25181

Thomas25181 Void-Bound Voyager

ONE REQUEST PLEASE PLEASE GET STEAM CONTROLLER SUPPORT!

12. Jabberwok

Jabberwok Phantasmal Quasar

Or maybe they could just have the dirt automatically match the biome's dirt color...
    --- Post updated ---
    I'm not sure what the previous issue was like, but I am still having problems with the game running progressively slower the longer it is running. When I first launch, it's all smooth, but 10 to 20 minutes later, everything gets jittery, as if the game is having trouble loading. It's not a framerate drop, it just seems to start and stop every half a second or so. Makes it extremely difficult to do anything that requires timing, like double jumping or climbing. This was not an issue in older versions of the game, and the skipping happens even in areas that should run fine. [I'm on Mac OS.]

13. SamuFinland

SamuFinland Phantasmal Quasar

It would be cool if quests show what planet it's from. I needed to abandon a ton of them because I couldn't find the planet I got it from.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    lornlynx and Thundercraft like this.
  14. thogrinn

thogrinn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can retrieve quests locations ; See under your bookmarks on starmap, the show quests location :)

Thundercraft and SamuFinland like this.
  15. SamuFinland

SamuFinland Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks, I didn't know that

16. zikky

zikky Space Hobo

I just started playing Starbound again with some friends and decided to try setting up a Multiplay hosted server so the small group we have can share a world and build a base together. I only started using the server yesterday and now I'm searching around and realizing that the game can't seem to support more than a few players at a time. Is this 1.0.2 "fix" supposedly addressing this issue (my Multiplay server is restarting itself due to memory issues every hour) or are there more memory issues known and being worked on? Should I talk to Multiplay support or is this something in the near future horizon? I would ideally like to buy the game as a gift for a few more friends the join us on the server but if it can't handle the few players we already have then what is the point?

17. OkLetsParty

OkLetsParty Space Spelunker

Actually, I never had a memory leak issue until last night/today :(