Dev Blog 1.0.2 - Memory leak fix!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 26, 2016.

1. pokemeninblack

pokemeninblack Void-Bound Voyager

i think its because of my graphics card because it only happens one theres a lot of effects going on

2. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

While there is a whole lot of issues that I am sure the devs are currently working on and is more important than this at the current moment, I must still rise the question as to will we ever see Server Side Characters/Clients as an "option" to server hosts?

3. djriful

djriful Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Asset Mismatch function works again! Thanks!

4. HantraxHat

HantraxHat Yeah, You!

Thx, I confirm that now works flawlessly. No more memory leaks!! :poke:

5. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

mollygos, don't forget the Dedicated Servers memory leak :)
    At this moment, I'm restarting the server allways after 1 Hour Online, because with minimum 8 player inside, after more or less 50 minutes, the server stops...
    Thanks

LordBob5 likes this.
  6. DarianGrei

DarianGrei Void-Bound Voyager

Great, after this patch I now have a problem: my ship is back to being broken and I have no mission to fix it so I'm stuck.

7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

/Admin
    /spawnitem shipTx

x = the ship level. 1 - 8. Make sure you go sequentially if you don't want it to bug out.

/admin again to shutdown admin mode.

DragonsForce and Kawa like this.
  8. Trinosaur

Trinosaur Big Damn Hero

Glad to see this get fixed. I was plagued by it and it caused many crashes.

I still want to see a fix for .fail universe files caused by sudden crashed/BSOD/power outage. There should be a backup happening that isn't immediately overwritten =\

9. ADaks

ADaks 2.7182818284590...

Man I wish I was only whining about dirt colors. I'd like to play with my sister. Well within minimum specs but it took her 10 mins to get to the other side of her ship because of the lag.

10. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Was it the memory leak that caused my CTD yesterday. Report said it was a memory error but nothing else.

11. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

I'm glad that they're keeping up with the bugs. I just hope they improve the optimization soon. I've got a reasonable laptop (Windows 10, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon R5, 750 GB SATA) and combat gets laggy really fast, especially when you get a swarm of zubats I mean batongs coming at you

Lord Sinclair and foxtails like this.
  12. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

It might be windows 10 causing your issue. It apparently takes up an obnoxious amount memory. You should be fine if you turn off all of the windows stuff (like defender and such)

Harintosh and Will Liferider like this.
  13. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

Thanks, I'll try that.

14. Blue Hair

Blue Hair Phantasmal Quasar

Dedicated servers still crash periodically thanks to the never-ending amount of memory they use. Is this going to be fixed in the next patch, because it makes the game unplayable with more than 2-3 people. I constantly have to log onto Creeperhost and restart the server because of it. And it's getting to the point where I'd have to make the server automatically restart every hour just to keep the memory usage down if players are active.

LordBob5 and foxtails like this.
  15. Nate McCloud

Nate McCloud Existential Complex

Hopefully this means I won't be getting any more crashes from access violation errors.

16. The_SILVERS

The_SILVERS Void-Bound Voyager

What's happening with me is that I get pretty bad lag in single player, but here's the weird thing, in multiplayer, I have very little to no lag at all. Some of the single player lag is kinda like latency lag. Even the frames in multiplayer are better than in single player, trying to wrap my head around how that works :S

17. PowerPistons

PowerPistons Aquatic Astronaut

HELP. I put my game in full screen and I cant press the start button. My cursor is blocked when I try to select it.
    --- Post updated ---
    I fixed It. When I restarted the launcher It changed the window and I was able to play.

18. Herbion

Herbion Void-Bound Voyager

I'm playing Starbound in 1920x1080 fullscreen on a system with Core2Duo E8500 (3,16GHz), 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600GT (yep, it still exists) and 2Tb 7200RPM Western Digital Black SATA HDD.

Happy to say there are no lags whatsoever, so optimization is nearly perfect to say the least. Didn't see any major bugs yet, too, though I very well may get the chance. But nothing gamebreaking so far, that's a start.

I'm more frustrated with the ever strange balance and yet unpolished stuff (NPCs waiting for death, closer to endgame 3D-printer, easy progression and lack of food stacking to name a few), sometimes silly dialogues and story with not-so-parody cliches from dozens of pieces, but it doesn't try to be a big serious RPG and has a lot of random fun to offer, so it's fine and very, very interesting to explore nonetheless.

Now I feel the need for quick stacking for containers and a more complex crafting. And yeah, colorful dirt. And all those beautiful cobblestone types.

All of them.

But that's just me.

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  19. Calm Yuuki

Calm Yuuki Void-Bound Voyager

Bug report(maybe): When the rail platform is moving on a rail and reaches a rail stop that is active, it will break(everytime) and fall on the ground. I'd like to know if this is meant to happen.

20. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Funny, since I have a Duo Core E8400, Windows 7, 8GB of RAM, and I cant play Starbound much at all, (I may use FU so it might be that) since the GPU overheats and makes my computer go into conniptions. (I have a Geforce GT 750 :p ) What little Idid play makes me wish I could though,,, *sigh* Optomization would be great, and even if it is me, it never hurts to make a game use less commit ^^

Lord Sinclair likes this.