1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue (1.0.2) Bookmarks + Outpost Stores Suddenly Closed after Latest Update

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Happehwalrus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Happehwalrus

Happehwalrus Void-Bound Voyager

After downloading 1.0.2, i opened my game that was started after 1.0.1 was released, to find I was in the middle of jumping and ended up in a planet far away from where I was. Quests were still active, and crew mates, items, etc. were all still present, except for any bookmarks, including outpost bookmarks. Finding my way home involved tracking a quest from an NPC that was still active, and returning to the Outpost resulted in the Telestop and the Floran Merchant both being unavailable. They both had the signs/textures as if it were my first time being there, but all missions in the outpost were unaffected. Stores still opened after completing story missions, and were all fully functional with progress.

2. CptBroseph

CptBroseph Void-Bound Voyager

I have pretty much the same problem, was playing multiplayer with a friend yesterday, all my quest progress was saved, but playing in singleplayer the outpost facilities are all as though I'm visiting for the first time. Had to activate a new gate to get to the outpost. The NPCs offer none of the starting quests either. Is there maybe a console command that progresses the outpost?

3. TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

It sounds like one of you experienced a corrupt universe file while the other is enjoying the many "boons" of multiplayer :rolleyes:

As far as I know there are no console commands to progress the outpost. I too experienced a corrupt universe file and had to create a new character to unlock all the shops my previous character had done already. If you wanted to speed things up you could spawn the items you are looking for, or collect them all with a character for scanning later in case this ever happens again.

I know, I know, not the best solutions.

4. Trinosaur

Trinosaur Big Damn Hero

Yeah this is a common issue happening to people. If you quit/crash/BSOD or whatever while it's overwriting your universe files, they will become corrupted and end in .fail. It treats your character as new, drops you off at a random gentle star and your mission progress is reset.

the GOOD news is that you can recover your bookmarks by hunting through your files.
    http://playstarbound.com/how-to-retrieve-your-home-planet/

The BAD news is that your progress is permanently lost and you need to redo all main missions and re-unlock the outpost. Starbound staff still hasn't addressed this issue and I wish they would. This happened to me and my husband and many others. :(