☆ The Space Pirates - Scourge of the Stars, Bandits of Mars. ☆

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by The Space Pirates, Dec 2, 2013.

1. RodrigoKiller

RodrigoKiller Orbital Explorer

lol
    here is 25th dec

2. eze2kiel

eze2kiel Industrial Terraformer

time is a constant so it wont go slower, however i meant that he will not be conscious so therefore the time he slept will feel like an instant leap .

3. Kirby64

Kirby64 Space Kumquat

Something to do with... gah, this subject, is for me, self educated. I probably interpreted some things wrong, however, from what I remember, at some level, time is influenced by speed and gravity. Take, for example. If you were to go near a black hole, to an outside subject, you would appear to go very slow, while to you, depending on how fast you orbited (Say, to you, an hour, perhaps?) maybe thousands of years have passed on the outside.

4. eze2kiel

you are right about that, a black hole doesn't follow the laws of physics.
    But then again we know nothing about the black hole's except that they a great black void that sucks up everything that come's close.

5. Kirby64

Kirby64 Space Kumquat

I don't know if I should believe that or not, considering that you just stated that we know nothing about black holes.
    Ah, I think I remember now, time dilation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation

6. Camelslayer

Camelslayer Cosmic Narwhal

....Which is actually completely false. Black holes aren't cosmic vacuum cleaners, nor are they physics-defying balls of magic.
    You know what would happen if we replaced our sun with a black hole of equal mass/size?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Aside from everything dying because of no heat or light, but that's besides the point. Our solar system wouldn't be affected in any way in terms of orbit.

A black hole still has mass. It would have a gravitational pull like any other really large thing in space, and it'd still be bound by physics.

7. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

I dont mean to be rude but what's up with people randomly popping into our thread now? I dont recognize most of you as members and it seems a bit wierd not to apply before chatting.

8. Kirby64

Kirby64 Space Kumquat

What's interesting to note is that if we somehow escaped the gravitational pull, and we were flung out into space, we could survive quite a bit longer, given our technology. Just move those few lucky people underground, near natural geysers, perhaps, and Humanity could last for a good while. Electricity wouldn't be a problem (hopefully), as we would be sitting right next to those geysers. And we wouldn't need to worry about oxygen. Given that somehow all of us survived, we could last for a good while... the oxygen in the atmosphere could last us a good while, in the absence of plants.

(This entire topic, and what I know of it, has been pulled from a vsauce video. Though I can't give a link at this moment... no current access from youtube.)

9. Camelslayer

People look at threads. We see stuff we want to respond to. It's a forum, that's how it goes, it's a public place for people to talk.
    And I mean no offense or disrespect, but if you don't want "random people" popping in to respond to stuff, the only way to do that is have a private chat over IMs. Otherwise, it's all public and free game.

Well I was meaning aside from technology but yeah, geothermal power and whatnot. Though the lack of an orbit could cause some pretty nasty stuff.

(This went really off-topic from the original topic at hand. :rofl:)

10. eze2kiel

11. Kirby64

Kirby64 Space Kumquat

I tend to get off-topic real easy. >.<

12. Camelslayer

About super-specifics, we know jack squat. But we're not (likely) going to find anything that defies physics. Which is all I'm sayin'.

13. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

I wasn't telling anyone to leave :p I was just confused that people whould jump into conversations like that.

creepwolf likes this.
  14. Kirby64

Kirby64 Space Kumquat

Some people just enjoy conversations like this. That aside, I'm probably the only 13 year old I know that knows squat about this subject.

15. Shad0w

Shad0w Big Damn Hero

New thread again ;o

Helloz :3

16. Kirby64

Kirby64 Space Kumquat

Ah, right. And as for the long forgotten subject, has the Space Pirates "Story" gotten any progress?
    I just love to suck up words :V

17. RodrigoKiller

RodrigoKiller Orbital Explorer

I think that most of people around here know me, ;)
    And if not, sorry, cause Im not so active as I really want to...

18. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Hi crew.

19. Torang12

Torang12 Phantasmal Quasar

Looking for a new editor, so we haven't done anything for a while.

20. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

time is a constant, cause fuck einstein, right? :rofl:

blackholes does follow the laws of physics, cause these aren't laws that can be broken, it's just that we don't understand they enough with our current technology. that's why a while ago we thought things like, gravity is a force instead of a warp in space, electrons always behave as a wave instead of acting as both energy and a particle according to given circunstances, and, oh... time is a constant :whistle:

and about sleeping, i've been waiting this day for 2 years, sleeping is too filthy casual for me :)