1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

ZZ Mech Modifications 1.45

An expansion to XS Mechs!

1. SmaugTheDragon
    SmaugTheDragon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.1
    Really cool mod but now for some criticism: The mech chests spawn way too often and I think it's a little OP to get the highest tier mech from a chest right on the first planet.
    1. ZimaZang
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review! I'll look into adding loot tiers to prevent you from getting mechs early, but I do plan to keep the chests spawning pretty often.
  2. x2014devil2014x
    x2014devil2014x
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Love the Mech Modifications, but i found a bug/glitch when you want to go up with a rail platform the mech just goes right trough the platform, going down works normal
    1. ZimaZang
      Author's Response
      I think that's something wrong with rails. I tend to fall through them a lot when they go up. I'll take a look regardless though, thanks for the review!
  3. acidchalk
    acidchalk
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Great mod, i finally saved up enough to buy the Tau and it looks great! The only thing i'd want is for it to bust through blocks as potently as the other mechs do while it's in siege mode. BTW I love that ship zz is on.
  4. socom55
    socom55
    5/5,
    epic
  5. spahgettiman
    spahgettiman
    4/5,
    its good but i can't get it to work with my version
  6. azekill_DIABLO
    azekill_DIABLO
    5/5,
    very nice mechs! however seems lke it destroy quest rewards.
  7. Sarduka
    Sarduka
    5/5,
    That's sooo awesome!
    Can we have a Metal Gear Rex next? Just for fun?
    I ♥ Rail Guns
  8. domcing
    domcing
    4/5,
    This mod is amazing. It improves on existing mechs, along with a little bit of fresh blood (a completely new mech. Mech blood would be oil, I suppose... so, fresh oil?). The Tau mech has a strange hitbox and aims wierd and appears to be indestructable in its idle state currently. No other nitpicks; expect only minor bugs from everything else this mod has to offer. Good job!
    1. ZimaZang
      Author's Response
      The weird aim is something I was trying to work on, it has something to do with the hitbox position but it may take me a while to fix. The Tau also has twice the armor value of the Theta, so it takes a reeeeeally hard hit to hurt it. Thanks for the review!
  9. TheCreeperCyborg
    TheCreeperCyborg
    5/5,
    -Kao told me he had the idea of custom mechs in his head, didnt know this would come soo soon
    1. ZimaZang
      Author's Response
      While the Tau is something of my own design, I definitely should look into working with LoPhatKao for even greater mechs, as he has better knowledge of lua than I do. Thanks for the review!
  10. LordRael
    LordRael
    5/5,
    I was not expecting the glory that was the XS Z-01 Tau's siege mode. I've been a devout follower of the XS Mechs since it first came up, and this mod deserves a spot with ANYONE who uses that mod.
  11. Shadow537Gamer
    Shadow537Gamer
    5/5,
    Excellent! Can I ask what ship mod is the one in the picture? It looks pretty good.
    1. ZimaZang
      Author's Response
      The ship is part of the mod, it's the mech dealer's ship. Thanks for the review!
  12. Arra
    Arra
    5/5,
    The T-tau...th-the raw power.... Y-you need to make a spider walker mech next! XD But seriously, I love this mod!
  13. Fireyman56
    Fireyman56
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    great mod! could see some cool mech wars with these.
  14. Zadey
    Zadey
    5/5,
    i love the smaller sigmas, so feel free to make more sigma mods
    Riot Version, with a big ole shield? a Water variant? im sure i could keep going :D
    1. ZimaZang
      Author's Response
      I've been receiving a ton of suggestions and I love them all, yours are no exception. Will definitely give those a try!
  15. otisjasmodeus
    otisjasmodeus
    5/5,
    this is awesome, also I love that ship (no chance I could get those mech parts and whatnot as pieces of furniture to make a assembly site on my colony?)

also are you going to continue to add more variations and whatnot, because it would be cool to see a "miner" variation of one of the two big mechs as well, because I bought up a few of those of the small one to have in a bay of sorts outside my mine :)
    1. ZimaZang
      Author's Response
      Absolutely, I'll be working on adding more mechs soon, and definitely want to look at adding more than just Sigma variants. Thanks for the review!
  16. LoPhatKao
    LoPhatKao
    5/5,
    well holy crap
    i.. didn't expect this so fast xD
    i knew it was coming but holy o.o
    great job man :D
    1. ZimaZang
      Author's Response
      It actually started out as a mod to give my friends their own customized mechs and we shared it between ourselves, but I decided to make it a bit more than that and was just waiting on your go-ahead. Thanks for updating the awesome original mod, love your mods!
  17. MrMadJackVIII
    MrMadJackVIII
    5/5,
    Version: 2016-08-09
    I've been waiting to see a mod that expands upon the already existing XS mechs. Great mod!