1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

XS Mechs - Vehicle Edition 1.16a

6 Excessively Destructive mechsuits - Cheerful Giraffe

1. Brakka
    Brakka
    5/5,
    Version: OMEGA PRIME
    Sweet is this released yet ? i want one =)
  2. ShadowPrince
    ShadowPrince
    5/5,
    PERFECT!!!! But I donĀ“t like that you can see the player legs out of the mechs. If you can fix that I would appreciate it.
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      thats a problem with Glad Giraffe, it rotates the player weirdly when the seat position changes offset,. This affects all the mechs, but really noticable on Pho & Pirate. Problem is fixed in Cheerful Giraffe (the current nightly builds)
  3. DarkWraitH
    DarkWraitH
    5/5,
    More like OMG PRIME. Excellent mod, dare i say maybe even better than the original. But one issue with the Ronin Rho, the beam should be continuous as being mentioned in one of the comments below. Prehaps include both the modified and original files to players to choose from.
    Thank you
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      I just looked thru code of final Koala version, ronin beam is the same -- so original author changed it, not me :|
      maybe continuous beam firing will return on a future mech :)
  4. RejectedCookies
    RejectedCookies
    5/5,
    Heh, You did this in less than two weeks.
    The Previous people to continue this mod coudnt do this at all.
    Probably one of the best mod creators there is.
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      I actually thought I was slow at it :|
  5. jcscarlett10
    jcscarlett10
    5/5,
    Excellent work! So happy to see this updated!
  6. Enforcer758
    Enforcer758
    5/5,
    Hm, I like the mod in general. There is only one problem (that doesn't really compromise this 5 star rating, still good), just the animation and sound basically go crazy when you're going down a hill or mountain that has just a 1 block dip between the layers, if you get what I mean. Haven't really encountered this trend in the original (tech) version, but maybe I never noticed. But it would be nice if you could fix that. Anyways, great mod.
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      original mod did it too, its from when the corner of your hitbox slips off the edge then catches on next block down
  7. Ainzoal
    Ainzoal
    5/5,
    Final Version is EVERYTHING I hoped for. So good to have these bad boys back in action !
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      not quite final, but 97+% is still damn good for doing this in just over 7 days ;)
  8. Vitzaz
    Vitzaz
    5/5,
    AWESOME OMG! Thanks!
  9. SmilingPenguin
    SmilingPenguin
    5/5,
    Yaaaay! I've been looking forward to the Rho and Pirated Rho Mech so much! Thanks a lot LoPhatKao :D
  10. Kitts2307
    Kitts2307
    4/5,
    Version: beta - RONIN
    While the mod is well-made in every part I can see, there are some quite bothersome issues I have been having with the beam-type mechs. When murdering a planet, no ore or material is returned to the player. this removes the desire to take Ronin Rho to the underground, unless ONLY looking for challenge gates or similar things. I don't see the problem that you see with the lasers being unlike the lasers in the original, but the problem I have is seemingly more dire (unless you were going for destruction only already, and the ores and items were only getting in the way).
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      block & ore dropping fixed :)
  11. Brauhmius
    Brauhmius
    5/5,
    I loved the original mod. I am very excited to see it return.
  12. SmilingPenguin
    SmilingPenguin
    5/5,
    So this is how I was before I saw a video about this:
    "Hm... This is probably another one of those mods that add the old mechs..."

And after I saw KMO / Starbrethren's video I was like:
    "HOLY PENGUINS! I NEED THIS MOD IN MY LIFE!!"
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      i actually do have "one of those mods that add the old mechs..." also ;)
  13. YaBro
    YaBro
    5/5,
    Thanks for bringing this amazing mod back to life!
  14. The Bugler
    The Bugler
    5/5,
    Really cool looking. Very useful too.
  15. GeekMan
    GeekMan
    4/5,
    Alright, you've done it again and made my day with this mod update :D
    EDIT: is the laser beam bugged?? coz it stops shooting and then shoots and repeats this process. still a 5 star though ;)
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      not as far as i know... if you mean like how it fires for 5-ish seconds then turns off, thats all original code
      thought about removing, but since vehicles dont use energy it's a nice balancing compromise.
      only "bug" with laser that i know of is how the pieces aren't rotated properly - i could not recreate how it was done originally, so kind of used same way as Theta beam - so both beams have same bug :P
      triginometry .. i should have paid more attention in school :D
  16. foxtrott2005
    foxtrott2005
    5/5,
    Version: beta - THETA
    i love this mod i remember a youtube video that was showing this mod in the early verson
  17. elii
    elii
    5/5,
    I loved this mod scince I played it for Upbeat. Cried because it was uncontinued after Spirited. Hope I can play as Ronin Rho soon :)
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      i have it mostly working right now, just need to fix an animation layering issue and the laserbeam visuals
  18. Arra
    Arra
    5/5,
    Everything is good about this, save that if any of the fire from the theta mech grenade touches your efficiently dead. Otherwise great mod!
  19. WSilvermane
    WSilvermane
    5/5,
    I love you.

Theta has landed. I welcome it with open arms and a full planet of victims.
  20. GeekMan
    GeekMan
    4/5,
    Also is it gonna be like 1 new mech every 2 days or so?
    if "yes" thats great :D
    1. LoPhatKao
      Author's Response
      yea probly 2-3 days per mech sounds about right - aiming for the "Omega" release by the 17th - mostly depends how tough the Rho mechs are to convert