1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIP][1.3U] Configurable Mech Parts 2017-06-08

Adds a config override to mech parts in line with other items

Tags:
  1. Photoloss
    How the 1.3 mechs should have worked from the start. This little mod introduces an optional table parameter "mechPartData" to the crafted modular mech parts. The entire table is merged into the single-part definition from the vanilla mech part .config file.

This is intended to streamline the workload of introducing many different "parts" with minor differences such as tiered upgrades, recolours or guns with alternate projectiles. The mod does not change any vanilla configs and only adds one test/demonstrator item called "mco_mecharmbeamdrill".

A valid "mechPart" definition is currently required. The new configs are merged into it, so make sure to supply correct empty values to features you wish to remove (fire sounds etc.)

Custom dye channels are not currently supported, if you apply colour directives they will overwrite the dye chosen in the Mech Assembly Station. The inventory icons of the parts also require a separate (but potentially identical) directive string, as is the case for player weapons.

Compatibility warning: to my current knowledge lua scripts can not be patched. This mod overwrites "/items/buildscripts/buildmechpart.lua" and "/vehicles/modularmech/mechpartmanager.lua".

Uninstall: with the current setup all configured items should remain intact and crash-free in vanilla. They will load the pure vanilla data into the mech, but may not update their own inventory display.

Please report any issues and feel free to suggest improvements. I don't understand why the mechs even use .config files as hardcoded lists in the first place so if there is an important reason please tell me, especially if my approach can cause severe performance drops or worse issues.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. Xirukai
    Xirukai
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-06-08
    This is something I wanted from the mechs from the start. Thanks to you I can now make custom mech parts.
    I just need to figure out how to mod in custom animation. Then I'm golden.