1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated WH40K: Pax Imperialis 1.3

Warhammer 40k mod

1. Lynx88
    [​IMG]
    MKVII "Aquila" armor and bolter

[​IMG]
    MKVI "Corvus" helmet and backpack

[​IMG]
    Astartes chainsword

[​IMG]
    MKII Ragefire pattern plasma gun

What is this?
    This is the first release of 40k marine armor i've been working on, ever since I found that there's actually space marine armor in the game. Though I haven't gotten it working 100% how I want it, its totally usable.

Eventually I hope to add other marks of marine power armor (beakie, Iron, MKIV etc.) and equipment, like Assault backpacks, chainswords and powerswords and so forth.
    And if I can figure out how to make bigger characters work, or make the armor alter the character's height without breaking things in the game, i'll re-sprite the armor as well.

Currently working on a custom 40k player ship.

What does it add?
    Currently adds a full set of MK VII "Aquila" armor, the most popular design in 40k art. The chest and leg sprites are from the armor that Chucklefish made, while the helm is based off a mod from Cortex Command, which I've re-sprited so I can release it publicly.
    Also includes a MKVI pattern helmet.

It also adds a standard bolter which is my own sprite work. It fires explosive bolts, so watch where you fire that thing (you can get damaged from firing at things too close to yourself).

For the first melee weapon added is the chainsword, which i've decided to release anyway despite being static for the moment (I want to make it an animated weapon, with the saw teeth moving but there doesn't seem to be a way to do this at the moment).

Latest addition is the plasma gun. It has 2 firing modes, normal shots and a higher damage charged shot, and has a charge-up animation to go with it.

* WARNING * This mod is meant to be Tier 10 gear, so it is very likely to be unbalanced. As the current item balance is in constant flux, i'm not going to focus much attention on balancing it till Starbound hits release status. Don't use it if you don't want to ruin your current game balance. I will ignore any complaints about overpowered stats or augments.
    * WARNING *

How do I install and use this?
    1. Extract the mod folder into your "Assets" directory.
    2. For a quick and easy way to access the content, copy the humantutorial.questtemplate.mod and paste it into your Starbound/Assets/Quests/Tutorial folder.
    3. Rename your original humantutorial.questtemplate (give it a .bak extension)
    4. Rename the humantutorial.questtemplate.mod file you copied, and remove the .mod extension
    5. Start a new game, and you'll get the items after picking up the Matter Manipulator

How do I install and use this if I have a previous version?
    1. Delete the old mod folder
    2. Follow the original directions as stated in the previous section. Be sure to replace the old humantutorial.questtemplate.mod file as well from the newest version, otherwise you won't get the newly added items.

What should I do if I have a problem running the mod?
    1. Post in the mod discussion. Please do so before rating/reviewing the mod, because the issues may be due to conflicts with other mods you have installed.

I always take the time to test every new version before releasing it to ensure there's no problems/bugs from my end, as I believe in releasing quality work, which is partly why I don't update as often as other mods.

Changelog
    Version 1.3 Changes

- added plasma gun
    - buffed bolter damage for late game enemies

Version 1.2 Changes
    - fixed SM Chest armor not spawning in latest patch (v. Angry Koala 23/12/2013) due to changes in augments
    - added chainsword (currently not animated, looking for a workaround/solution for this)
    - changed the armor augments to better reflect their function as power armor.
    - updated recipes to use impervium bars as suggested by "blackram20xx", however still using the starting quest reward method for easiest access for the time being.
    - moved to "mods" folder for easier mod management
    - added modinfo file
    - fixed some spelling inconsistencies in the descriptions

Version 1.1 Changes
    - added MKVI "Corvus" helmet
    - added space marine backpack
    - fixed some minor spritework issues
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. mod icon.png
    Crozan, cjglcm, DeffreyJahmer and 8 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Plasma, plasma everywhere
  2. Version 1.2 Update

Recent Reviews

1. DR.Grizz
    DR.Grizz
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3
    Where can I craft it?
  2. King Titan Rex
    King Titan Rex
    5/5,
    Please Update
  3. Squanto
    Squanto
    4/5,
    Sounds awesome but I would rather not start a whole new game to get it. If there was a way I could either type a command in or craft it someway I'd give this 5 stars
  4. sampsonkennedy
    sampsonkennedy
    4/5,
    nicely done, but it would be so much better if the items had proper recipes
  5. howbizarre
    howbizarre
    5/5,
    Love the armor and he bolter. Is there any chance you'd include a powerfist in the future?
  6. Herrawesome
    Herrawesome
    4/5,
    Version: 1.2
    The art is amazing but every time I try to set up the human quest, the game errors.
    1. Lynx88
      Author's Response
      Herrawesome, you can post your error log in the mod's discussion section and i'll see what's the problem.
  7. gravis24
    gravis24
    5/5,
    perfekt! GEIL!! MEGA!! FOR THE EMPEROR!!
  8. InFerNos1
    InFerNos1
    5/5,
    We need more WH40K stuff in Starbound!
  9. NewWinter
    NewWinter
    5/5,
    FOR THE EMPEROR !
  10. ModLoche9
    ModLoche9