1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Warhammer 40,000 (40k) Items 0.05a

User contributions welcome!

1. wraithbone
    [​IMG]
    (If the embedded video doesnt work. Check it out here.)

After the scifi melee weapons thread, I got thinking about a 40k weapons mod.
    The idea of this mod is to collate as many Warhammer 40k items for starbound as possible.
    I have some items, but contributions are what will make this mod awesome!

The weapons come in a pack and folder that includes the files, assets and recipes charging 1px for each weapon. They are not in any treasure pools. Once there is a decent number of them, I will start on those.
    Install:
    • You will probably need a clean (mod free) install of starbound. (some users have reported clashes)
    • To add them to starbound, extract the ZIP into the mods folder of your starbound install. (i.e ...\Starbound\mods\)
    • Get a few pixels
    • Craft the items (in hand)
    • Enjoy

Balancing feedback is appreciated.

I will need balancing help to determine a level, power, treasure pools and recipes for all of the weapons once we have a good many items to do.

Well here we are.
    This is intended to be a long term WIP and collation project, so that people can take the items they like and add them to the game.

Currently the pack contains the first few items of many:
    Chainsword:
    [​IMG]
    Force Halberd (Nemesis)
    [​IMG]
    Tau Pulse rifle
    [​IMG]

Boltgun
    [​IMG]
    Boltpistol (art by squibbles)
    [​IMG]
    Short Chainsword (art by squibbles)
    [​IMG]
    Las-Rifle (art by squibbles)
    [​IMG]
    Gauss Flayer
    [​IMG]
    Shuriken Catapult
    [​IMG]
    Hot-shot lasgun (Hellgun)
    [​IMG]
    Pulse Carbine (art by pixelhunter)
    [​IMG]
    Plasma Pistol (art by Xlotl)
    [​IMG]
    Chaos Chainaxe
    [​IMG]
    Chaos Bolter
    [​IMG]
    Melta
    [​IMG]
    Shoota
    [​IMG]
    Storm Bolter
    [​IMG]
    Wraithcannon
    [​IMG]

Eldar Jetbike:
    [​IMG]
    Ultramarine Landspeeder:

[​IMG]
    What can I do to make this mod better?
    1. Feedback. I have many items that I intend to personally add. They will need tweaking though. Post feedback or even post improved files!
    2. Suggestions. Not as helpful, but still good to know what you all want!
    3. Art! I am an awful pixel artist. If you think you can do better, why not help out? Get credit and make this awesome for all of us.
    4. Items. Of course, why not post a complete item! Help to make this collation *this* much better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rest of them. Go, now! Make some! =)

Recent Updates

1. More 40k awesome!
  2. Angry Koala Patch
  3. More Guns and better install!

Recent Reviews

1. King Titan Rex
    King Titan Rex
    5/5,
    Version: 0.05a
    Please Update!!!!
  2. Arkavious
    Arkavious
    5/5,
    Maybe add the Heavy Bolter? I am a huge heavy weapon Marine fan lol
  3. Gefreiter
    Gefreiter
    5/5,
    AWESOME!
  4. Saren_662
    Saren_662
    5/5,
    Awesome
  5. Dubovorot
    Dubovorot
    5/5,
    Cool mod ! I wonder if Tau equipment will be implemented ... Like "Crisis" suits ... heh =)
  6. That Bearded Dragon
    That Bearded Dragon
    5/5,
    Hey,just as a short notice if you want this for Enraged koala open the modinfo with notepad and change it from furious koala to enraged koala and it should work for you guys,if not just ignore evrything I said and wait for the patch
    1. wraithbone
      Author's Response
      Should be updated now. Was hoping to put some exciting new things in the update, but alas.
  7. Cale42
    Cale42
    4/5,
    Love these weapons! Any chance of uniforms and armor in the future?
    1. wraithbone
      Author's Response
      Definitely, there is a lot of artwork to be done for armour, expect it to take a while for those.
  8. cp2401
    cp2401
    5/5,
    I love the guns ! Iv played with this mod before this up date and i loved everything in it , but i had to change the dps and damage but other then that this mod rocks .
  9. niian
    niian
    5/5,
    So far, loving it, however, I do have some minor qualms about the jet bike and land speeder, I'm not sure if its intended, but the land speeder default position has its gun in the ground and the jet bike is only firing forward a few blocks, besides that they're ea lot of fun as are the weapons.
    1. wraithbone
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the endorsement! We all appreciate the feedback.

Yes I know that the hovercraft both need to be able to 'hover' they are, as I mentioned, works in progress, there is a solution in the works right now.

The gun issues are a bit more difficult to solve as the way the vehicle's bullet speeds are calculated in game is not relative to the vehicle. So if you are travelling forward fast enough you can fire a bullet moving slower than your are. Which is obviously wrong from a physics perspective ;P.

Im not sure if I can script a solution to this but I am looking into it. The fix may have to come from the starbound devs.

Thanks again,

Wraithbone
  10. NerArth
    NerArth
    3/5,
    Version: 0.02a
    The weapons added are nice and visually attractive as their original selves, but the mod will require some balancing at some point, so for now it's more for the coolness.

However, a person who downloads the mod must currently modify their own files by themselves before being able to even acquire the weapons, and this might be demotivating.
    1. wraithbone
      Author's Response
      Very true. Any suggestions on how best to let the player acquire the items?