1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Vergil Boss 0.1b

New raid boss - Vergil from Devil May Cry 3

1. SuperMandrew

Hey all,

It's been awhile - instead of a new tech, this time I've released a new raid boss.

To begin, this boss is in BETA, and he is hard. He's designed to be fought by multiple people all with max tier armor, as an endgame boss - he may still need balancing to be more difficult or easier, so expect changes with updates.

In the meantime, from the readme file:

Things will go wrong - the arena may not generate, he might warp out of the arena, any number of things could go wrong. Please post anything on the discussion page and I'll do my best to address the issues.

How it works:

-Turn off the music in-game, as he spawns his own battle music :) (but keep the SFX on)

-Craft the Summon Vergil item from the item menu (if it doesn't show up, try a new character first). Also compatible with Tabula Rasa.

-Head down to a planet, PREFERABLY one that you don't care about, in case something goes wrong.

Place down the Summon item in a flat area with open space, and you'll need to interact with it twice. If you see something mentioning you need space above, try using a tech or jumping up high to make sure nothing is in the way.

-On the second interaction, you'll see a "cutscene" take place. Just stand still, and wait. You and any players near you should be blasted upwards into an arena.

The Battle:

-This boss is designed to be HARD. This isn't meant to be a 1v1 battle, but it's most certainly doable with some skill. Also, I'm not done balancing him yet, so he may get easier/harder with updates.
    -You are expected to have the top tier armor and techs going into this battle. Vergil hits hard, and has high armor/health.

-If you die, you're out of the battle - there's no way back in.
    -If all players die, the arena should destroy itself (it sometimes messes up and doesn't, I'm looking into this)
    -Only one person needs to be alive for the loot to spawn
    -Currently only rare/legendary guns drop as loot

Credits:
    SuperMandrew - all coding, image editing, etc..

Vergil's Hyper Bar - LowestFormOfWit
    Vergil's sprites - Bugya of the MUGEN community
    Sound Clips - Devil May Cry 3, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, music by ES Posthumus
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. Hellbeast Core
    Hellbeast Core
    3/5,
    Version: 0.1b
    What's the version required for this mod? If there isn't, then what do i need to make this mod work without making my game crash on launch.
  2. Sgt.Novo
    Sgt.Novo
    5/5,
    Somehow if i summon it just says ´Set free The Devil inside´
  3. Devis
    Devis
    5/5,
    Awersome! It would be really nice if you could make also a race/vanity item vergil style with his skills and moves !
  4. Zanpoo
    Zanpoo
    2/5,
    the arena was genaretet and i was in there arena but vergil was not there -.- or i fall and die .... plz fix
    1. SuperMandrew
      Author's Response
      How many times did you try?
  5. Sliferx
    Sliferx
    5/5,
    Dont get me wrong this is a great mod but i think he should be way harder. Or at least provide 2 versions, this current one and a much harder one with more moves maybe. The fight was awesome but i was disappointed that i finished him in 2-3 hits with legendary bone sword or was that a bug? another annoying thing is when i was trying to fight him with a friend the cutscene would move with my friend and he gets to fight boss alone while i get stuck in crystal wall... and its hell if i even try to get out of that. The drops are amazing, but i believe he should be harder ^^
    1. SuperMandrew
      Author's Response
      2 or 3 hits are killing him? I haven't tried with a legendary bone sword, but if that's killing him then that's either a bug or something, because that sword must be 10x powerful the other weapons I was balancing around.

Regarding the cutscene, try standing still and next to your friend while it happens - I'll try and stop the cutscene from moving though.
  6. a254388889
    a254388889
    5/5,
    good mod
  7. Gothboy77
    Gothboy77
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1a
    Virgil is a bad ass ! :D
  8. einhinder1
    einhinder1
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1
    is it bad that the rest of the game seems dull now....
  9. SakataGintoki
    SakataGintoki
    5/5,
    holy shit this is awesome!
  10. TShinzon
    TShinzon
    5/5,
    Completely awesome. Exciting (and tough!) fight, cool moves, intimidating presence, epic fight atmosphere. Excited to see where this mod goes, and future mods from the mod author.