1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Vepr Ship Revived 2.2.1

ProkhorVLG's Vepr ship is back, with some improvements

1. bk3k
    This is NOT originally my ship. Credit for the beautiful original (but outdated) ship belongs to ProkhorVLG and it can be found here. I have indeed made some improvements though but don't deserve the credit.

This now has a PREREQUISITE mod that you must install. The prerequisite mod now contains the actual assets so that it is easier for servers to support this ship without actually including THIS mod (thus forcing it on everyone). And it makes it easier to manage assets that way especially scripts.

It is now available on Steam Workshop

Well they are taken with a modified background tile versus what's in there now. I might move to that, dunno yet. But close enough to get an idea. Screenshot and gifs by Wakaitsu (because I'm surprisingly lazy about such things :p )
    Vepr4.png

Ship lockers
    Safe.gif

A captains chair(moved of course) and fuel tank.
    SAIL.gif
    Observation deck
    Vepr2.png
    Topside
    Vepr3.png

This show the beds have the wall mount option and sci-fi looking cover. It also shows the added door animations. Smoother opening/closing(more frames) and idle animation.
    Beds.gif
    The covers could still use a bit of improvement(like a rollout animation) and the bed only mounts on left side walls currently.

It is a beautiful ship, and now it is back. I did get permission from ProkhorVLG. Upgraded some things about it, added a few new assets too.

I'll do a better description later. Also newer screenshots, Steam upload, etc.
    Besides all the technical stuff needed to bring this up to current Starbound?
    Code:
    *upgraded several objects
      *adjusted sit position for chairs type objects
      *toilet autoflush script
        *normally you have to choose between sound effects of lounging
      *doors are automatic, more opening and closing frames, added idle animation.
      *bed
        *new sci-fi type cover
        *enhanced healing(advanced technology), and fixed the log error that occured when NPCs use it.
        *Wall mount added(only left for now)
      *very large capacity shiplockers(and there are 3 to start)
        *possibly too large, the GUI could use a touchup but good enough for now.
        *refrigerated storage
    *new S.A.I.L object
      *custom script will scan race of ship owner (right after world spawn), determine pet, write into into world.
        *Custom races need to be added(they'll probably get a cat for now) but that only requires getting their info.
    *new "coffee table"
    *2 new Vepr styled platforms(default ship now uses type 1).
    *Ship layout adjusted
      *moved default furniture, platform layout
      *dome tweaked
        *extended
        *lip added
        *platforms added to make a casual area
    *added image overlay and moved some aspects to overlay rather than foreground for effect purposes
    *tweaked pilot area
    *optimized image assets(more helpful than you may realize)

Note that this is a much older ship. When this was made, ship upgrades did not exist. As such this ship doesn't have a real upgrade cycle. It doesn't start smaller, and doesn't get bigger. I "may" at a point expand the ship after a certain tier, but I'm kinda iffy about that mainly for style reasons... and because I have other projects too.

Despite the permissions, anyone using the assets (aside from the new ones I made) must credit the original author.
    ProkhorVLG as the original author of course.

The original mod attributed
    - Beefcake for Various Modified Assets
    - SpaceKitten for Larger Storage Locker
    So naturally this carries that attribution over.

Please ask questions or report problems in the discussion tab. That goes for any mod actually. I'll be glad to help you there. Suggestions would also be better placed there.
    The reviews are for rating the mod itself so that other Starbound players might know if the mod is worth their time or not.
    The reviews/ratings don't actually affect me, but please be considerate of your fellow Starbound players by only posting reviews that serve this purpose. Thank you.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Roskii Heiral and Wakaitsu like this.

Recent Reviews

1. MiddleNate
    MiddleNate
    5/5,
    Version: 2.2
    Great mod!
  2. Psychoman53
    Psychoman53
    4/5,
    Version: 2.1
    Thx for bringing this back. It's just as spacious and cool as I remember it to be. 1 thing though, can you add a teleporter. It's slightly annoying that i have to buy a teleporter to use on my ship.
    1. bk3k
      Author's Response
      The teleporter is already present. At the bottom of the shaft with where it connects to the hallway.
  3. OkeAni
    OkeAni
    4/5,
    Version: 2.1
    And for what race is this ship? Or is it for all races?
    1. bk3k
      Author's Response
      You'd need a patch for whatever race. The vanilla races would have it by default.

This was actually going to be part of a race mod that didn't materialize, but the ship was already made. Can't tell you more, because I'm not the original creator. But I'm also curious what they might have been.
  4. bgray
    bgray
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0
    I was always a favorite of the original. I'm glad to see it is back. I hope the Steam version comes out.
    1. bk3k
      Author's Response
      I'll push it to Steam soon-ish. Probably polish the ship container interface up first. Probably also get it ready to add to the shipyard too and push that update at the same time.