1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Unlimited Pets & tools to handle them! 1.0.5

Have as many pets out as you want + new items to manage them.

1. glider521al
    [​IMG]

This mod allows you to have as many pets out at a time as you like, with some handy tools to manage them.

Can’t decide between having a cute cat/fire fox or a lumoth/fire wisp? Now you no longer have to!
    Every deployed pet has its own collar effects and scaling as they would if deployed individually in Vanilla mode.
    With the 1.4 version of Starbound adding stronger elemental bounty creatures, this is the best time for exploring your options yet...

New Items
    Pet Recall Pod [​IMG]

Allows for rapid recall and recording of all currently active pets.
    These can then all be redeployed at once at a location of your choice.

Don’t want your pets to kill that rare monster you’re trying to capture, or that bandit leader who’s surrendering to you? Or perhaps you just want to keep them safe during an intense fiery obstacle course?

[​IMG]

Ready to deploy at will, all at once.

Pet Warp Pod [​IMG]
    Teleports upto 3 pets to the thrown location at a time.
    Great for outflanking your opponents or simply getting your pets to catch up with you faster.

It can also be triggered in mid air.
    [​IMG]

Configuration
    Want to change the number of active pets allowed concurrently?
    Don’t want the pet warp pod?
    Even the number of crew staff that can follow you on missions?
    You can do so by simply changing the configuration file (instructions within)

Compatibility
    This mod was designed to work with other mods. It has no dependencies on them and prioritizes appending code via hooks rather than replacing it.
    Users of other pet system overhaul mods, should be able to use this to.

Is it compatible with Useful Pets?
    Yes.
    The only omission is that the announcer won’t shout out when each pet faints.

Is it compatible with Combinable Augments?
    Yes
    Combined with it…you can have ghostly canines protected from combat or combat pets equipped with health, all out at once.

Is it compatible with Pandora’s Box?
    Yes,
    works with all known capturables within that system overhaul mod.
    Though the Pet Warp Pod item may need a bit of tweaking to trigger properly with Pandora's Box (optional compatibility snippet to be copy and pasted within download files).

Is it compatibile with Frakin Universe version X?
    Yet to test,
    but there’s a high chance of compatibility as they don’t change any of the same script files.

Is it compatible with [Insert other awesome mod name here]?
    Almost certainly, yes

More Screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Find this mod helpful, and want to see what else we’ve created?

Translocator Staff Mod
    The staff allows you to teleport to any location you can see.
    https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/translocator-staff-a-k-a-teleportation-stave.4513/

Aura of Worlds
    A roguelite platformer game partially inspired by Starbound:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/841600/Aura_of_Worlds/
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. destroidt
    destroidt
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.5
    really great mod
  2. Biazarlord
    Biazarlord
    5/5,
    good good
  3. Caljar22
    Caljar22
    5/5,
    This is probably the greatest Starbound sidekick related achievement. Well done. Is there any chance the pet display can show VIT instead of DEF like it does in Useful Pets? Really silly question but I sometimes think a numerical value for health is more useful since DEF stays the same. It probably can't do that and be compatible with everything though.
  4. Sock_Bunny
    Sock_Bunny
    5/5,
    Awesome mod! Kinda makes me feel like I'm being a Pokemon Trainer that doesn't play by the rules and just sends 493 Pokemon out!
    1. glider521al
      Author's Response
      Thanks Sock_Bunny :)
  5. Loonyternity
    Loonyternity
    4/5,
    Finally something I was looking for..
    Only problem so far is my pets just have 100HP now.. Putting on a health collar doesn't change it... (listed compatibility mods are installed too)
    1. glider521al
      Author's Response
      Tested again with and without accessories.
      Collars are working (it's more obvious with regeneration and light) and pet health continue to scale with them as well as armor.

I think you’re referring to the Useful Pet displayed stats instead (this is the stats.defense value in code)? If so the shown value being locked to 100 is not related to this mod, but Pandora's Box. The 3 mods, Pandora's Box, Unlimited Pets and Useful pets override capturable.lua; of these Pandora's Box has the highest priority and sets the stats.defense display to it's own special variable.
      NOTE: This display does not affect the actual health of the pet :)

If you have any more questions, please let me know in the forum.
  6. Shock Sphere
    Shock Sphere
    5/5,
    Good mod!
    1. glider521al
  7. Lumpy109
    Lumpy109
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Are you interested in keeping all your pets out at once? Are you just begging for the chance to become the most terrifying tamer in the galaxy? Then this mod is for you!
    5/5, would DEFINITELY recommend.
    Added to my collection.
    1. glider521al
      Author's Response
      Thankyou.
      All the best for your mastery of monsters!