1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated True Melee 1.00

Removes all guns and large arcing melee weapons

1. TheWall
    Description
    In short, removes all long range weapons from the game. This provides much needed attention for the less used melee weapons.

I have talked on this thread http://bit.ly/ILfune about the need for a change in melee weapons. This mod will force you to use the weapons in question and allow you to come to your own decision on the topic. Good luck, this won't be easy at times.

You will need to start a new character for best effect. Otherwise guns/ranged weapons could still exist.

Please note that this is the first "release" of this mod and that some ranged weapons (including special melee weapons) may still exist. Please let me know if there is a weapon that doesn't belong and where you got it, so I can remove it. I left most thrown weapons in for now since they are very limited in number. Let me know if you think I should remove them.

Install Instructions

This mod uses the bootstrap method, if you already know what that means you probably can stop reading and just install it, otherwise continue.

1. Create a folder in your starbound directory called mods (ex. \Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods)
    2. Unzip the true melee.zip into the new mods folder
    3. Open the bootstrap.config file using your friendly neighborhood text editor (ex. Notepad).
    This file is located at \Starbound\win32 for Windows and \Starbound.app\Contents\MacOS for Mac (I have no experience with Macs so I am not 100% sure of this)
    4. Modify the file to look like this:
    Code:
    {
      "assetSources" : [
        "../assets",
        "../mods/true melee"
      ],
      "storageDirectory" : ".."
    }

Do not forget the comma after the "../assets" line
    5. Start starbound

Uninstall Instructions

1. Open the bootstrap.config file
    2. Modify the file to look like this:
    Code:
    {
      "assetSources" : [
        "../assets"
      ],
      "storageDirectory" : ".."
    }

Don't forget to remove the comma after the "../assets" line

Update Log

v1.00 - Removed ranged and large arc weapons from all sources.