1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. PenguinPiracy V10.2.1 - Rockhopper Respawn Hotfix

ManicRykker
    Hey guys. Just a quick patch to fix the respawn for Rockhoppers. I had a feeling I was missing something....... Oh well. :rofl:

Folks playing rockhoppers, please replace the version of PenguinPiracy you're using with the one in this new archive.
    qs820 and jonathonspy like this.
  2. PenguinPiracy V10.2 - The Rockhopper Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys. Update time!

V10.2 CHANGELOG

ADDITIONS

-New Penguin Type: Rockhopper

This penguin type's an interesting one. While they may look angry all the time, they're very well
    composed individuals. They have less attack than their relatives, but a large pool of energy to
    compensate. Rather than focusing on dealing powerful blows, they prefer dishing out as many
    attacks as possible. (Overwhelming a target is their game.)

What's more, true to their name: They have very little bounce...
    jonathonspy and Elfginther like this.
  3. PenguinPiracy V10.1 - The Blue Penguin Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys. A small little update this time.

V10.1 CHANGELOG

ADDITIONS

- Penguins now have a seventh tier of armor. The pieces are crafted with each of the three pieces of the tier 6 manipulator, accelerator, and separator (So the pieces from the General, Admiral, and Marshal armor sets)... as well as a special crafting material you can only obtain from the Black Market Console.

This "Illegal Alloy" Cannot be found anywhere in the universe. The identity of the penguin that stocks the Black...
  4. PenguinPiracy V10 - The Emperor Penguin Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys! Been awhile huh? The update I've been working on is finally ready!

V10 CHANGELOG

NOTICE

Chucklefish added some new penguin stuff in 1.3. I wanted to bring this up, incase anyone mistakes new penguin vanilla content for stuff added by Penguin Piracy. They've added penguin ship encounters, changes to the Shockhopper quest, some hats for mercenaries, and probably a couple other things I'm thinking of.

I take NO credit for them. I wanted to mention this stuff to avoid confusion....
    jonathonspy likes this.
  5. PenguinPiracyMod V9 - The Update Where Everyone's Penguin Ships Imploded

ManicRykker
    Hey guys! FInally time for that big update I mentioned.

V9 CHANGELOG

ADDITIONS

- The penguin UFO ship now has a few size increases! It will do so tiers 5-8. The bottom room, and the room just below the cockpit will increase in size.. and four small (very small. Think the size of the room SAIL is housed in) rooms will be added next to them.

Unfortunately, this of course means this update has a side effect... This version, this update of the Penguin Piracy Mod? Is a PENGUIN SAVE BREAKER....
  6. PenguinPiracyMod V8.2.1 - Another Penguinoid Mouthposition Tweak

ManicRykker
    Hey guys. Just pushing a small update that I wasn't able to get pushed to the forums last night.

This update makes another change to the penguinoid mouth position. You should now only start drowning when your beak is submerged in water. (This also rectifies another scenario I ran up on where you could suffocate even when you're head's clearly unobstructed.)
  7. PenguinPiracyMod V8.2 - The Sardine Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys. Just a small little update, pushing the mod to the version I have.

V8.2 CHANGELOG

ADDITIONS

- Started on some object description patches. So far, penguin races will now have their own responses to some objects in the intro. I don't have all of them done yet, but it's a good start. (Object patches will be done when I have the time)

TWEAKS

- Added some new lines of dialog for penguin npcs.

- When penguins "crouch", they'll play one of the various chatter sounds penguin npcs...
    Saint Apollyon likes this.
  8. PPM V8.1 - The Armor Tweak Update

ManicRykker
    V8.1 CHANGELOG

TWEAKS

- The way penguin armor is handled is being changed, due to some criticism, and suggestions.

Armor is being "split" into three separate pieces, similar to vanilla.. there are of course some differences:

-In general, penguin armor still has it's buffs for penguin players. The armor will still not be available to humanoids in any obtainable fashion (At least in any way my mod implements them). If you cheat in pieces of penguin armor? that's your decision, not mine....
  9. PenguinPiracyMod V8.0.1 - Puffin fix

ManicRykker
    V8.0.1 CHANGELOG

BUGFIX

- Fixed an issue with Puffin crouching

AUTHOR NOTE

- Added a "What's what" documentation to THE MODS folder, and put the .pak files into three subfolders.
  10. PenguinPiracyMod V8 - The Tigershark Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys! It's been a few weeks.. think it's time for an update!

This one does a lot of rebalancing, tweaks, and a few additions too. So here's the changelog

V8 CHANGELOG

ADDITIONS

- New decorative objects

Pool Table
    Dart Board
    Penguin Keg (A small storage container that holds 6 items.)

They are crafted at the Penguin Trade Station

- As of this update, the old jukeboxes are being retired. They will no longer be obtainable.

Instead, I will be utilizing a singular jukebox (That I'll...