1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. PenguinPiracyMod V7.3 - The Intermission Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys. Quick changelog, and a little important note at the end.

V7.3 CHANGELOG

ADDITIONS

- The way the Suspicious beacon is obtained, and the event centered around it has been overhauled.

The Penguin King now has two additional (and final) fetch quests. In the first one, you will be gathering ingredients for the penguin beacon (which is now obtained through this quest, rather than as a craftable.)

Once you complete that quest, you will start the final quest. Remember, you will want to have good equipment before tackling this. (Note: DO NOT THROW AWAY THE BEACON. I can not provide a replacement that wouldn't break the questline/it's events. If you throw it away? It is gone for good. I at least took the liberty of setting it up to make it unsellable.

You would just have to spawn in another with the admin command, /spawnitem penguinbeacon.)

Follow the instructions in the anonymous tip (At least, the ones that don't sound shady... lol), activate the beacon on a planet with plenty of room left and right, finish what it triggers, then give the Penguin King a certain item to finish the quest line. (You'll even receive a cool reward.)

- Once you obtain access to the Omnishop, you can buy a special crafting station from there called the "Employment Station"

This special crafting station allows you to craft special beacons, that can summon hire-able penguin crewmembers! This serves as an alternative to going through quests for tenants to acquire them, as well as an alternative to just hiring mercenaries.

All available beacons of course come at varying prices, using the peng currency.

(There are some special penguin role types you will only be able to obtain from here.)

The Employment Station itself costs 20k pixels.

TWEAKS

- The Penguin Beacon is no longer a craftable. It is a one time quest item.

- The Beacon is now "penguindistressbeacon" instead of "penguinbeacon', in terms of it's id. I did this to deal with any of the old beacons obtained from the old crafting recipe. Sorry. No more duplicates in normal gameplay.

- Lore around Dreadwing in the mod has received a complete rework.

- The anonymous tip codex is no longer bought from penguin bars.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

This update for the PenguinPiracyMod is going to be the last update, for the time being.

I am not done with the mod. I am not discontinuing it. I'm sorta going to be putting it into a sort of... "Intermission".

I feel I have reached a point in my progression where pushing updates is becoming difficult. Ideas are more limited, and I'm not getting as many suggestions as before. (Ones pretaining to the mod, as well as being something I can feasibly do right now)

I feel that if I keep going at the current moment, future updates could get lazy. and I don't want that.

So, I'm pausing development for the time being. I will still keep an eye on the mod's pages, and answer questions when I can.

What will I be doing? Well, catching up on other games and things.. and actually using the time to finally play as a penguin!

I will be opening up a feedback discussion thread on the Steam workshop. (For those on the Chucklefish forums, you can just use the normal discussion thread.) I would like feedback from players who chew through most of the mod's content. I want to know what you like, what you think is balanced/or unbalanced (Taking their placement in progression in mind), etc.

My pause doesn't mean you should stop giving me feedback though. Feel free to continue giving me suggestions and what not! I will get to comments and questions when I can.

As for when updates could kick back in? I'd say either around the time the Space update drops, or some time after that. (Depending on how early or late it is.)

Until next time. See you guys around.
    ChatNoir likes this.
Return to update list...