1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. PenguinPiracyMod V5 - The Narwhal Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys! Finally here with the update!

V5 CHANGELOG

ADDITIONs

- The penguins FINALLY have a new ship!

[​IMG]

The X-Class Dreadnaught is a custom made ship, made by me. This vessel is a UFO (Inspired by Dreadwing's UFO).

It is a ship that remains the same throughout it's license upgrades (I wanted to just have it stop at tier 3, but I couldn't get it to work right like that, so I decided to go for all of them (and offering a different reason to upgrade your penguin ship, other than for a bigger crew size)

[​IMG]

While other races increase the size of their ship when they get a higher tiered license, penguins prefer to keep their ship the same size through all upgrades.

They prefer smaller ships, as they aren't as bulky, and are much easier to maneuver and hide.

On the bright side, you have five additional dedicated storage lockers on board your ship. That said, the events that took place on Earth have rendered them unusable. In order to access their contents, and unlock them for use, you will need to progress through the tiered upgrade system. (Each one has a piece of lore, giving tidbits of backstory leading up to your penguin's mission.)

(I decided against ship expansions, as ships often become VERY massive once they reach their final tier... some even become practically a maze of rooms. (Which can be either a good or bad thing for some..)

Which wouldn't be so bad if crew size wasn't tied to the ship upgrades.. lol.

If I had made additional tiers, I feel the ship would have lost some of it's charm. It looks large enough as it is anyway. :rofl:)

This of course is the main thing being added in this update. I wanted to get it out of the way, as it's effects are MASSIVE:

As you know, this is going to pretty much break our saves... which I am really sorry about. On the bright side? We'll have it out of the way now. Ticked off the list!

[​IMG]

- SAIL has been altered a bit. I noticed since it was blue, that make it look very similar to the Apex SAIL. Well this has now been changed

To match the purple/green color scheme I often use for some penguin objects, the Penguin SAIL is now purple, and it's eyes, mouth, and eyebrows are green.

The Penguin SAIL also has a backstory now, tying it in with the new ship.

TWEAKS

- The images of your ship leaving the atmosphere of earth have been changed to match the new ship.

-The ship docked at the end of the escape from earth has been changed to match the new ship.

- An entry on penguin ships has been added to the Penguin Archives

- The Penguin Logbook codex has been tweaked to match the new ship, and better complement the other logbooks.. Apex ship hijacking is retconned. Lol

- Tweaked the Penguin Techstation to match the new Penguin SAIL colors, and made a slight tweak to the eye brows to make them stand out more.

MISC

- Since our saves are pretty much gonna be dead anyway, I took the liberty of organizing the penguin objects in the objects folder. (To both make implementing and keeping track of objects easier, and make looking through that folder easier for those that like looking under the hood.)

That's pretty much it. If you encounter any bugs (Whether it be with the new ship, or something else), please let me know in the discussion thread!

(Note: I may have forgotten to change the version number in the changelog included in the archive from V4 to V5... OOPS. :rofl:)
    Saint Apollyon likes this.
Return to update list...