1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. PenguinPiracyMod V3.2 - The Sea Turtle Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys, here with another update.

CHANGELOG

[​IMG]

ADDITIONS

- Added a new micro-race: The Robo-Penguins. These penguins are the result of an old science experiment performed by some penguin researchers, to see if the penguin head/brain could be fused with some spare Glitch Parts. The experiment was a creepy success.

These penguins behave like normal humanoids.

The nature of this race means some cosmetics and items will fit them properly. I say some, as you may still experience weird fitting issues here and there, particularly with head items. Use penguin hider equipment where needed.

- I have decided to, once again, expand the namegen. Not only have I added a handful of new names I picked up, but I have decided to integrate more names (Some English, British, Russian, and Italian) into the pool, for the sake of even more variation.

This should be one of the last big expansions to the name pool.

- As promised, I have added a couple of new penguinoid specific back items.

Added a cosmetic short cape fitted to the penguins! It can be crafted at the PTS.

I also added a new utility wearable: The Low Gravity Parachute. This item, when worn, lowers your gravity a bit, allowing free-falls to be a bit less dangerous. Like the cape, it's craftable at the PTS.

- All penguinoid penguin players (excluding the Robo Penguin, as it's technically a humanoid) now make a sound when they jump. (The same sound heard when some monsters jump!)

The script for this was provided by the player Cyel! They will be added to the mod's credits.

TWEAKS

- The Suspicious beacon has received some improvements. When broken, it now drops a few pieces of something used to make it (wires, batteries, etc.)

How the beacon functions has also been improved. it now utilizes an old script that, surprisingly enough, is still functional.

Now, rather than activating straight away, you have to interact with it in the right circumstances.
    Here's how it works:

The beacon must be placed on the surface of a planet. The beacon will not function if placed on your ship, as it will get no signal.

It can not be placed right next to a structure (From what I've found)

Preferably, as I have mentioned before, you will want to place the beacon and activate it on a flat, wide open surface. Preferably, you may want to do some manual terraforming, to prepare the area for free, unhindered movement.

The beacon's crafting recipe has also been tweaked a bit.

- Moved a music track added in the PPM to MiscTweaks, for better compatibility.

- The penguinUFOchair is now an empty-handed craftable for all penguinoid penguin micro-races, and has been made unobtainable from the PTS. Due to the proportions of the chair, sitting in it just does NOT look good for humanoids...

This doesn't deal with the problem of humanoid npcs deciding to sit in the UFO chair, but it at least deals with one part of the issue a bit.

- Expanded upon the "penguin names" section of the penguin archives a bit.

- Some unique penguin npcs and enemies have received a facelift.

Dreadwing: He has a scar across one of his eyes, and his feathers are now a dark purple.

Beakeasy Bartender: Light aqua blue feathers. The original bartender has a red bowtie, and all offshoot penguin bartenders have yellow bowties.

Biggy: Biggy (Owner of the penguin weaponshop that opens at the outpost later in the game) now has red feathers.

Penguin King: His feathers have been lightened, and the hue shifted a bit. His plush has also been changed to match his pose.

Penguin troopers, rocket troopers, and generals: Dreadwing's army isn't getting left out either. Their feathers have been made more of a "military green", and they now have strokes of "paint" below their eyes. This change affects the penguin army in the Dreadwing mission, as well as the scouts the mod adds to cold planets. The general seen in the penguin tank has also been tweaked to match this new look.

All updated unique penguin npcs and enemies have updated beaks/feet where applicable. Their respective plushies have also been updated to reflect these changes

- Dreadwing's army is now a little faster on it's feet... No more slow-mo penguin troops.

- The color of the warp up and down animations for all penguin micro-races has been changed from blue to purple. (This affects penguin players, as well as npcs)

BUGFIX

- Fixed a slight continuity goof, where the penguin scientist that pilots the Shockhopper Mk I turns into a different colored penguin... rofl.

Well that's about it. Enjoy, and please report any bugs you find, if there are any that is. lol
    Saint Apollyon and xaliber like this.
Return to update list...