1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. PenguinPiracyMod V1 - The Megalodon Update

ManicRykker
    Hey everyone! FINALLY time for the big update I mentioned. It has finally happened: The PenguinRaceMod is now The PenguinPiracyMod!

Massive changelog below, so might as well jump into it!

PenguinPiracyMod V1 CHANGELOG

-Mod name changed from PenguinRaceMod, to PenguinPiracyMod. Version number dropped back down from V3, to V1.

[​IMG]

ADDITIONS

-Sometimes, getting a hold of the weapon you need can be rough. While there are some decent weapons available from crafting stations, many good weapons are only found randomly generated throughout the universe. Getting to them can be especially challenging on higher tiered planets.

Well, the PPM now has an alternative: The Penguin Weapon Roulette! (The PWR for short) This convenient crafting station can craft these randomly generated weapons! Whatever you're looking for, be it shotguns, machine pistols, broadswords, or daggers, you can get something here! It can even craft those pesky staves and wands that are so difficult to find!

Of course, the PWR isn't a complete alternative to hunting for randomly generated weapons on planets: Not only do you have no control over what weapon you will be crafting (Similar to the lack of control with weapon hunting), but to craft random weapons from the machine, it will require a hefty pixel fee.

Additionally, the machine isn't perfect... While the penguins have, for the most part, mastered printing random weapons, there is a slight bug...:

When crafting some weapons, there is a chance the machine could spit out a perfectly generic item! While not all weapons do this, it is important that you keep this in mind when trying your flipper at this machine...

So, are you feeling lucky? If so, this machine is for you!

(PWR NOTES:

-Remember: What you see, is NOT what you get. The machine is unable to accurately determine what weapon you will be getting. Do not rely on what it shows.

-For those who like to look in the log file/s: If you see any "Could not instantiate item" errors involving any of the random weapons (Their names consist of "pengrandom<weapontype>"), do not be alarmed. I am aware of this. It is actually this very thing that causes that possible generation of PGIs. I "was" going to patch it out... but the machine does function as intended (dishing out random weapons for a cost). It seems a few combinations just don't work. I ultimately decided to leave it in, as it provides a nice risk/reward factor for the crafting station.

That said: If you encounter any "serious" bugs produced by the PWR (Like it crashing your game), PLEASE let me know.)

-After penguins everywhere have started joining adventurers as crewmembers for free, penguin mercenaries have started to lose some business. To make themselves viable again, they have armed themselves with a larger arsenal! Penguin mercenaries now have the chance to wield numerous weapons, including:

Normal Shotguns, pistols, machine pistols, assault rifles, sniper rifles, rocketlaunchers, and grenadelaunchers...

Randomly generated shotguns, pistols, machine pistols, assault rifles, sniper rifles, rocketlaunchers, and grenadelaunchers...

As well as a few new unique npc weapons: The cloudspitter, and ethrower. The former releases an elemental gas cloud that damages monsters that come into contact with it... and the latter acts like a sort of elemental flamethrower!

Of course, with all of these new possible loadouts, there is a downside: Mercenaries now require a 5 dubloon fee to join you, rather than just 1.. but it is definitely worth it!

- A new crafting station has been added: The penguin inventors table. The different services and crafting stations the mod offers has gotten too... "erratic" for my liking in terms of organization.

Crafting station recipes, including the PTS, Omnishop, and the new PWR are now crafted here. The different services of the mod have also been moved to this new crafting station as well, in their own separate tab.

-Some new bomb types have been added!

Stationary bombs are objects that, when placed, don't explode on their own. they only blow up when force is applied to them... such as from the strike of a sword, or from the bullets of a gun. Use them for taking down trees, or blowing up enemies! Just don't stand too close when you decide to blow them up!

Sticky bombs function like ordinary bombs.. However, they stick to the first surface they come into contact with. This makes it much easier to control exactly "what" you want to blow up!

The Bomber-Bomb is a very special craftable explosive weapon. Unlike the ordinary bombs, while holding this item, you can throw an unlimited supply of bombs! Of course, the item does have a few second wind up. (This prevents spamming the projectiles, and also allows you to put more thought into where you aim the bomb before you throw it!)

The Bomber-Bomb is a legendary weapon, that doesn't stack, and is crafted at the replicator with a steep recipe. (As one might expect from an item this powerful!)

All new bomb types are craftable at the anvil and it's various upgrades, in the same tab as ordinary bombs.

- Much of the mod's content has been made accessible to other races in different ways.

- Added a new codex based around the penguin kings.

- Added a new Legendary penguin weapon: The Shockhopper gun. This weapon is a rare drop from the Shockhopper boss. It fires unique missiles, and also doubles as a flamethrower!

TWEAKS

- Fixed an issue with the Penguin Bar Table that would cause the game to crash if more than one were placed in the same world

- Several recipes have been tweaked/moved to different stations. For example, the money2peng, peng2money, and peng2dubloon recipes have been moved to the Omnishop.

- The Penguin King can now be found stowing away on the ships of the vanilla races, not just the penguin's.

- The Penguin King now sells the PWR. (Albeit at a rather expensive price)

- The penguin beacon object, which was broken in the previous versions it was available in for some reason, has been fixed. Additionally, it has been tweaked a bit. Basically... make sure you are prepared before you place it. The thing this object triggers how happens as soon as you place it. I strongly advise you are well equipped.

- Some alternate music tracks can now play on the title screen.

OTHER

- The ZIP file now contains an additional optional mod. A character extender I will just call the "PenguinCharacterExtender". It was easy to make, so I just did it for the heck of it. Lol

It is intended as an additional option, for if you would rather not hunt down a separate character extender, or just don't want to use one that adds more than one slot.

If you like using a different extender, feel free to ignore this new addition!

- The Worthless Crystal Mod (A standalone mod I created quite some time ago) has been merged with the Penguin Piracy Mod. As a quick overview on what this is:

The WCM is a mod that adds special crystals to the game that offer various benefits when they are held.

As well as being an emptyhanded craftable, the worthless crystal is now sold by the penguin king. Documentation on the mod's content will be added to the Overview. From this point on, the WCM's content will be considered a part of this mod.

(A quick mini changelog for the WCM:

-Fixed a crafting recipe requiring the wrong crystal
    -Fixed some status effect goofs on my part)

-NOTE

It might not look right when non-penguins sit/sleep in PPM lounge-ables. I have tweaked the Tank Chair and Penguin sleeping bags to be a bit more friendly towards non-penguin races.. but the UFO chair does NOT look right when another race sits in it. There isn't much I can do about this sort of stuff without straight up removing the items (and imo, they're too cool to be removed. Lol)

Well that's it! If you come across any bugs please let me know ASAP! Till next time!
    Lehanson and Saint Apollyon like this.
Return to update list...