1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. PenguinPiracyMod V9 - The Update Where Everyone's Penguin Ships Imploded

ManicRykker
    Hey guys! FInally time for that big update I mentioned.

V9 CHANGELOG

ADDITIONS

- The penguin UFO ship now has a few size increases! It will do so tiers 5-8. The bottom room, and the room just below the cockpit will increase in size.. and four small (very small. Think the size of the room SAIL is housed in) rooms will be added next to them.

Unfortunately, this of course means this update has a side effect... This version, this update of the Penguin Piracy Mod? Is a PENGUIN SAVE BREAKER. I am extremely sorry about this, but I did mention if the ship ever got size increases, this would happen...

Some other changes being made to the Dreadnaught:
    -Ship lore will be tweaked accordingly
    -The ship lockers are now breakable when they come online. (Continuity for the objects has been fixed to make this possible. The core shiplocker will remain intact, however. Only the other shiplockers can be taken down, and relocated. (You can't craft them, so you might not want to throw them away!))
    -Some windows in the old version had accidentally been covered up by some shipwalls in the previous versions. This is now fixed.

- New wearable: The Penguin Inner Tube. This wearable not only looks adorable, but actually functions. If you go into water, you'll float on the surface! You may have issues jumping out when perfectly still though. That tube gets in the way when you're floating in water. If you can't just walk out of the water, remove the tube from your penguin to stop floating.

The tube can be crafted at the Penguin Trade Station.

-Finished adding penguin race object descriptions for the intro.

-Gourmand now sells lolipops! (The graphic was pulled from some older assets)
    This sweet can only be obtained from Gourmand.

- New unique weapon: The I.C.E. Gun. Short for Ionized Cell Eraser, this gun is a bit slow, but does decent damage. It uses the plasma shots from Dreadwing's UFO, and has Lance as an alt ability. It's only obtained from a certain boss in the mod

- Added Manic Penguins (A for fun penguin race I made out of boredom. Documented in the new Penguin Race Documentation file.)

TWEAKS

- There is now a duplicate set of beak color options that use black eyes instead of the normal white eyes for normal penguins. You can use this to help make your penguin's eyes obvious if you use a bright color that's hard to see the eyes against.

- Some tweaks have been made to the second phase of a certain boss. You can probably guess what.

-The dead.pngs for penguins have been changed. I found an old dead.png image for penguins in some older game assets, and decided to pull that for use here. (Did some slight shading changes to the skull, but in general it at least looks like a penguin.)

The dead.pngs they used before were tweaks of the avian's dead.png.

- Finally stopped being lazy and updated the interface images for the penguin races. Shading has been updated to match the mod's penguin shading, and the masked and robo penguins have different feather colors now, to help set them apart in the character creation menu.

- Made some adjustments to how my mod handles the "crewmemberpenguin" npctype. Since that is a vanilla file, and the changes seem to affect some crewmember related mods, I have decided to just make a duplicate of the npctype I have now (Which I'll be naming "crewmemberpenguinppm"). By extension, all future mercenaries will connect to this "new" penguin npctype. (which should deal with some of the issues those mods were causing both for their own content, and my penguin crewmember content. This of course makes all penguin npcs completely separate from the game's vanilla npcs files)

- Deleted an old patch file in the npcs folder no longer used by my mod.

AUTHOR NOTE

A lot of changes have been made to how the penguin ship works. If you run into any weird bugs with the ship on new penguin saves after this update, PLEASE let me know, and I will look into it and attempt to patch it.
Return to update list...