1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. PPM V8.1 - The Armor Tweak Update

ManicRykker
    V8.1 CHANGELOG

TWEAKS

- The way penguin armor is handled is being changed, due to some criticism, and suggestions.

Armor is being "split" into three separate pieces, similar to vanilla.. there are of course some differences:

-In general, penguin armor still has it's buffs for penguin players. The armor will still not be available to humanoids in any obtainable fashion (At least in any way my mod implements them). If you cheat in pieces of penguin armor? that's your decision, not mine.
    -The head and chest pieces will not technically be armor. No visual changes will occur when you wear them, though they still offer stat increases for your penguin. (I will be referring to them as head augments, and chest augments.) Only the leg slot piece will make any visual change. Additionally, the leg piece (The one that requires the most materials) will be the piece that gives you that juicy attack buff... so while the other two pieces will give you some slight stat increases, and are cheaper to craft, it may still be in your best interest to focus on the core armor piece before going for the other two.
    - Crafting the next tiers of penguin armor will still require the previous piece. The leg slot pieces will also, in general, have the same requirements to craft. The head and chest augments for each penguin armor tier will require one bar of that tier's ore type, and five core fragments.

Due to this change, the original one piece armor is being nullified. Any penguin armor you are wearing will turn into a pgi. If I didn't do this, pre-existing armor would remain intact, combined stats and all. I am VERY sorry for the inconvenience.

If you encounter any bugs with the new system (A recipe error, description goof, etc), please let me know.

- Some changes to the names of armor have been adjusted, to help you tell the augments apart from the core penguin gear.
Return to update list...