1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. PenguinPiracyMod V2 - The Eel Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys. Hope you're having a nice weekend! It's time for an update! This update makes some hefty changes to how the penguin as a playable race is handled, so I HIGHLY recommend you read the changelog below

[​IMG]

-To begin: Playing as a penguin is now COMPLETELY optional. (Save for if you already do, and if you actually want to.. Lol) The PPM can now run as a standalone mod. If you just want the content, and not have to use a race extender? You can do that now.

That said, playable penguins are now handled differently:

There is now a folder in the archive containing what I will be referring to as "Micro-Races". They are essentially small mod add-ons that are placed in the mods folder along with the PPM. (And of course the Penguin Character Extender, or a race extender of your choice.)

They make their specified micro penguin race playable!

There are ten MRs in all:

Penguins, Masked Penguins (Penguins with white feathers around their eyes, which are black rather than white), Penguin Generals, Penguin Soldiers, Penguin Bartenders, and more!

All but one of the MRs are cosmetic (I will get into the oddball in a moment), and they all share the same content. (Ship, SAIL, buffs and debuffs, etc.)

Puffins are the exception. They have the content normal penguins have, but they can also "fly". (Multi jump is enabled, and their physics are slightly tweaked. Don't go crazy: They still have fall damage) They are mostly intended to be a fun side feature.

Penguin Micro Races are entirely dependent on the PPM. The game will crash if you attempt to play without it.

You may pick whichever you like the most, in any combination. You will have to get a race extender with more slots available if you wish to make more than just one playable.

(NOTE: If you care about your current Penguin save, go with the NormalPenguin micro race. It's pretty much the vanilla Penguin race.)

- Thanks to the micro races, penguin npcs have also received an overhaul:

Penguin guard tenants are now soldiers and generals

Penguin mercenaries are now pirate penguins, and wear pirate hats

Normal penguin tenants can be one of a few other types of micro penguin races in the mod.

There are now penguin merchants. Their selection depends on their type, and their colony tag requirements vary (see in-archive changelog for details)

[​IMG]

- The SAILs for the vanilla races have received a facelift. They are now matched a bit to their races, all while keeping the general SAIL "Form". (Penguin SAIL included for comparison)

- The namegen has been expanded again.

- Color options for the penguins (and by extension, penguin npcs) has been expanded. Pallettes from the Florans and Avians have been incorporated, as well as Avian colors from the Colorbound mod. (It has been added to the credits)

- In a similar vein to the other Generic Animations, a couple more animations have been tweaked to be more non-humanoid friendly (In particular, the animations for the rocket jump, and player death have been tweaked.)

- Changed the music that plays during the fight with the Shockhopper Mk I

- Made some tweaks to the ambiance during the escape from Earth.

- The penguin promoter at the outpost now has more possible dialog options they can say. It changes whenever you leave/visit the Outpost.

Other Tweaks

-Fixed a minor bug with the penguin SAIL aiportrait.
    -Fixed a minor graphical goof with a mercenary weapon

BUG NOTICE:

It would seem that my attempt at dealing with penguin npc emotes only had partial success. There still seems to be some weird ones that can be initiated in some circumstances.

I have not found what points to these. I think it's something with the "dances".. That said, I am unsure if I can fix it.

Sorry in advance for any weird limb placement you may see the npcs do while playing with the PPM.

Well, that's about it. Till next time!
    xaliber likes this.
Return to update list...