1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. Eliyah
    Eliyah
    4/5,
    Version: V11.2.1
    Can someone or you make only playable UFO? Ship is amazing but not this birds and quests...
  2. TheSurvivor64
    TheSurvivor64
    5/5,
    Version: V11.2.1
    A great mod that adds a lot of good content to the game.
    It's fine if you suspend development, burning out of a certain project really makes you hate working on it, a lot of people still like the mod, it doesn't need to be updated very often to be good. I still enjoy this mod and i'm perfectly fine with you stepping away from it for a while (or forever, who knows), don't feel bad for not doing stuff you don't like doing anymore.
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      Yep. I'm happy you're having fun with such an old project tbh. I'm on big mod project number 3 at this point. Hopefully the third time will be the charm!

I love modding, and I hope eventually I'll be able to use what I've learned over the past couple years to really hit the sweet spot... And make something users will love.
  3. N.SYU
    N.SYU
    5/5,
    Version: V11.1.2
    LONG LIVE DA PEGGYS!!!
  4. White Tortoise
    White Tortoise
    5/5,
    Great mod, it's fun to play as these flightless birds. Though, how do you get penguin tenants?
    Also, vanilla race tenants are asking for engu and peng just to make chocolate, is this normal?
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      Thx!

You can coax penguin tenants to move it like normal tenants! You just use various penguin objects when setting up a room.

As for the other thing, that's something related to a quirk with how npcs pull for their fetch quests (it's something weird related to recipes), and it's unfortunately widely out of my control.
  5. Kristof_Playz
    Kristof_Playz
    5/5,
    Love this mod. Was looking for a mod that adds penguin stuff
  6. notdumm32
    notdumm32
    5/5,
    Version: V11.1
    Thanks!
  7. penguinsss
    penguinsss
    5/5,
    Version: V11.0.4a
    ЛУЧШИЙ МОД 10/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. JoshBaz
    JoshBaz
    5/5,
    Version: V11.0.4a
    I really love this mod. It really adds a lot to the game and gives me a lot to do besides the main quest.
  9. hellenicshaco
    hellenicshaco
    5/5,
    Version: V11
    Nice and funny mod!!!
  10. Dannir
    Dannir
    3/5,
    Version: V8.0.1
    The shared content is pretty decent. That much, I will admit. And yet, I can't give this mod a good review. Why is that?

Well... It's because of the way penguin armor ends up working out in multiplayer, and how it encourages buying the chest and head armor of other races to get somewhat overpowered as a Penguin.

You should really consider splitting penguin armor into three pieces, at the very least. Even if some end up invisible. It wouldn't be the first race to do that. As it stands, there is the potential for some serious game-breaking if you ever happen to pick up penguin armor as a non-penguin, and some more minor balance wonkiness if you pick up merchant/perfect armor as a penguin.
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      The way penguin armor is currently set up, is due to a technical issue involving how they render on penguins.

If I do change how penguin armor works, the graphics are definitely all staying in the legslot. They refuse to work right AT ALL in the head or chest slots. So, the head and chest slots for "penguin armor" would definitely have to be blank.

As for the issue with humanoid armor? That's on the player. I don't condone cheating, but I can't stop it. To me, it's no different than just spawning in perfect armor. I can not control the player's decisions on that front.

Penguin armor is also only craftable by penguins, so the only way non penguins would be able to get the armor, is either by getting it from a penguin player, or cheating it in.

All that said, I'll think about it.
  11. mireika
    mireika
    5/5,
    Version: V7.2.1
    :3
  12. Turbotowns
    Turbotowns
    5/5,
    Version: V7.1
    An inevitable race mod with cool extras and a cool guy behind it.
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      Aww thanks! ^-^

I'm glad ya like it! :D
  13. DJ Ice
    DJ Ice
    5/5,
    Version: V7
    Amazing mod the loss of micro races didnt even bother me because I never used them but u can call me a cheater but is there any spawn commands for the items because I cant get the weapons shop to open up in the outpost for that stupid laptop part but anyway really amazing mod
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      I "THINK" the weapon shop is supposed to open after the Pagoda Library mission.. Can't quite remember.

Fyi, there should be an ID documentation in the archive! It contains all of the ids of stuff added in the mod. (The part's id is penglaptoppart)

(In normal gameplay, the part is obtained as a drop from the Shockhopper)

You can spawn the item in with the /spawnitem command (you have to be in admin mode though, /admin) remember, stuff spawns in at your cursor location

Anyways, thanks for the review!
  14. TheGuyThatAteTheHat
    TheGuyThatAteTheHat
    5/5,
    Version: V6
    I can't really play it for some reason. When I put it in the mods folder and try to play, my game crashes, then when I take it out, it's fine.The reason I gave it 5*s is because I believe everyone has a chance, and I hear the great things about this, so when it's brought to Steam Workshop, I'm definitely getting it.
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review! Very much appreciated!

I'm definitely looking into a Steam Workshop release. I feel the mod's stable/big enough now for it to matter.

(I've started a conversation with you to try to troubleshoot the issue you're having with the mod here)
  15. Kelthazan
    Kelthazan
    5/5,
    Loving this mod, and it's frequent updates! Like Zach_Attack said, wish it was on Workshop for the automated downloads, but "very soon" gots me hopeful enough. Great job!
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      Thanks!!

Definitely looking into it! Whenever that happens, I'll be announcing it in the discussion thread.
  16. Zach_Attack
    Zach_Attack
    5/5,
    Amazing Mod! My only complaint is that its not on the steam workshop :P
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review!

I think that is due very soon... I will more than likely be looking into that eventually
  17. Hylotl _Zealot
    Hylotl _Zealot
    5/5,
    Version: v5.1
    This is a great mod as penguins are my favorite race in Starbound but I have 1 question where do i find the penguin laptop part for King Penguin
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review!

The ability to complete some of the penguin king's quests depends on where you are in the game progression.

In the case of the laptop part, he gave a hint in the quest's description. ("I've heard Biggy, a penguin armsdealer knows a guy that could provide the part.")

So, you will have to complete the Shock Hopper mission to get the laptop part. The Shock Hopper boss drops it!

(And, if you have already beaten the mission? No sweat. Just repeating the mission and beating the boss again will do the trick)
  18. Chofranc
    Chofranc
    3/5,
    Version: V3.2
    The idea is good but is too complicated to install, i had to install one of the optional micro-race with the PenguinPiracyMod folder because with the last alone didn't work, also those micro-races are unnecessary to have as separated races, you should have only PenguinPiracyMod+PPM-MiscTweaks folder only, those micro-races should be cosmetics not separated races.
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      I have tried to address the complicated install issue.

I may have found a work around for the issues I have had with armor... So this review might have just caused me to stumble upon something. XD
  19. Admen413
    Admen413
    2/5,
    Version: V1
    The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      Hi! Thanks for the review!

I just re-uploaded PPM v1 with an attempted fix of the archive. Hopefully that will help
  20. FazgotyAzzSite
    FazgotyAzzSite
    5/5,
    Version: V1
    Penguins. I love penguins. I love them more than all of those ugly, popular race mods combined. What else is there for me to say. Oh, well, i love penguins, i love this mod, i love the new update, and i love you for making it. Keep up the good work, because i certainly will keep frequently checking up on it's progress. Thank you again. P.S. I love penguins.
    1. ManicRykker
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the review! ^-^

I'm really glad you like it!