1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

The Data Nexi Pleased Giraffe [Broken}

Data-Nexi - Inquisitive. Logical. Electronic.

1. haynesy566
    Undergoing Serious Changes
    As of now I will not be fully releasing permissions for this mod. The only people who may use/alter/reupload this mod is: Jareix Cryvix, Inf_Wolf and Relten
    Due to some recent suggestions, I will changing the Nexian's theme from just being holographic human imitations to Cyberpunk Beings that will develop a culture that has technological features. The tier system will be a follows:
    Tier 0: "Bit"
    1. "Byte"
    2. "Kilobyte"
    3. "Megabyte"
    4. "Gigabyte"
    5. "Terabyte"
    6. "Petabyte"
    7. "Exabyte"
    8. "Zettabyte"

DataNexian Cover.png

I am in the process or rewriting the Nexian's Lore, updating the mod page and changing the assets. Look out for a new release soon!

Recruitment: I am also in the process or recruiting programmers and artists (especially artists) as I am finding the workload of this mod to be a little overbearing.

Thanks Guys!
    -Haynesy566

[/SPOILER]

This was originally a continuation of Imol 's Hard Light Tools mod, but I have since moved to developing a custom race for the mod and I am working on creating more mechanics and cool stuff in general. WARNING REMOVE ALL PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF "Hard Light Tools"

Introducing the Data-Nexi!
    Inquisitive. Logical. Electronic.

charactercreation.png

The Data-Nexi race is now implemented but new content is still on the way!

A little bit about the Nexi:

The Data Nexi are a genetically engineered species.(Sorry for being cliche) Their origin was in a laboratory run by the RAM Corporation, a company that owns half of the modern galaxy. The Nexi were brought to life by a prototype machine called "The Data Extractor". The Data Extractor is a machine capable of compiling raw data from the GWW (Galaxy Wide Web). The Nexi were formed when a Scientists attemped to embody this data into a engineered body. The results were better than expected, the original Nexi managed to escape the laboratory and "duplicate" himself, then Nexi also have a special ability to manipulator their code and change gender, which is how the Nexi were able to form males and females of their race. The Nexi are a very secluded race, they don’t have a social structure, everyone is equal and there are no leaders of their civilisations. A Nexi village is also extremely hard to find. The Nexi are still a very new species to the galaxy, so they are constantly adopting technologies from other races. The Nexi have a distinct dislike for the Apex, this is due to the fact that RAM Corp was run by the Apex they treated the Nexi with little or no respect. The Nexi are patiently awaiting your command, so what are you waiting for?!

[Incomplete Lore Rewrite]

At present the Nexi are still very similar to Humans, but I plan to update this mod as if the Nexi are actually discovering/ creating their own technology.

Each weapon and tool uses a variety of materials including all new Light Orbs, Dark Light Orbs, Refined Light and Diamond Shards [THIS IS SUBJECT TO MASSIVE CHANGE]

Custom Ships!
    Here's a sneak peak of the new custom ship thanks to Jareix Cryvix!

Tier 1:
    Standard Human Cruiser
    Tier 2:
    humant2.png
    Tier 3:
    humant3.png
    Tier 4:
    humant4.png
    Tier 5:
    humant5.png
    Tier 6:
    humant6.png
    Tier 7:
    humant7.png
    Tier 8:
    humant8.png

Custom Tools, Materials and Crafting Table!

holodaggerteir1.png
    Holo-Dagger
    wavemaker.png
    Wavemaker
    holoshortswordteir1.png
    Holo-Shortsword
    holospeartier1.png
    Holo-Spear
    holopickblue.png
    Blue Holo-Pick
    lightdrillbig.png
    Light Drill
    holobow.png
    Holo-Bow
    blacklightorb.png
    Black Light Orb
    blacklightpick.png
    Black Light Pick
    nexiantier0rifle.png
    Nexus Starter Rifle
    rawlight.png
    Raw Data Chunk
    refinedlight.png
    Refined Data Chunk

hologramcraftingtablebig.png
    Matrix Enhanced Crafting Table
    holocollectoricon.png
    Data-Collector

Assistance Needed!

RACE NAME SUGGESTIONS NEEDED-Theme "Cyberpunk"
    If any budding modders would like to assist me please don't hesitate to send me a message. I really could use the help getting this mod off its feet!

Upcoming Features!

-More Data/Corrupted Data Tools
    -Improved Recipes
    -More Materials
    -more racial features (custom clothing and flag)
    -Vanity Items!
    -Custom Ship Items (Tech Station, Ship Locker, Teleporter)
    -Bug Fixes!
    -Balanced Weapons
    -Improved Character Customisation

Special thanks goes to:
    Inf_Wolf (Holo-Collector Development and modding guru)
    Kayuko (For wonderful modding guides and great help)
    Relten (for supporting my work, and cause I love the Drozolians :p )
    Jareix Cryvix (For being an amazing Ship Artist)
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. UPDATE FOR PLEASED GIRAFFE
  2. SHIPS SHIPS SHIPS
  3. Character Creation Fix

Recent Reviews

1. Anonoriginal
    Anonoriginal
    1/5,
    Version: Pleased Giraffe [Broken}
    Doesn't work sadly

Sounds cool though.

Would love a 1.0 update
    1. haynesy566
      Author's Response
      Working on an update now, most files were lost due to unforseen circumstances.
  2. AlphaKara1
    AlphaKara1
    5/5,
    Version: Pleased Giraffe [Broken}
    Love this mod! Would prefer if there were a link to a custom race extender-thingy here on the page though, would make setup easier :)
    Either way, perfect
    1. haynesy566
      Author's Response
      Thanks hopefully I can manage an update soon..
  3. Crion87
    Crion87
    5/5,
    Version: Hyperactive Iguana 5.1
    Excellent and original idea. Very fun and interesting to play; I look forward to seeing the custom ship ideas and more of this concept.
    1. haynesy566
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review!!
  4. Theederp
    Theederp
    5/5,
    Version: Hyperactive Iguana 5.1
    Fun mod all around cant wait for the ship and i think you should add a bit more detail on the character creation but still a great mod and cant wait for more
    1. haynesy566
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review! I'm in the process of adding in the ship for the next update so check back in ten minutes! Custom Starter equipment is not far off being implemented too! Thanks mate!