1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Supper's Monster Additions 2017-06-27

New features for procedurally-generated monsters

1. SentientSupper
    Supper's Monster Additions
    This mod is a mod which attempts to improve procedurally-generated monsters.
    Steam link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=929807546

Major Changes
    • Added ranged attacks to all procedurally generated monsters except fish.
    • Disabled touch damage of monsters when no attacks are being performed.
    • Added a melee attack to ground-based monsters.
    • Changed the way monsters on planets are selected. Large ground-based monsters can now appear during the day and large flying monsters can appear on the surface. The change of a monster being aggressive is 50/50. Monster spawns between day and night are the same.
    • Old monster sounds back from koala re-implemented.
    • Procedurally-generated monsters can now have elemental weaknesses and resistances.
    • Planets changed to only have 2 ground creatures and 1 flying creature. Spawnrates of each individual monster increased to adjust.
    Minor Changes
    • Monster colors no longer change depending on the biome of the planet.
    • Flying monsters now hover above the player instead of attempting to occupy the same space as the player.
    • Monsters rotate their heads when firing at you.
    • Stun time of monsters reduced to prevent them from being stunlocked by shields.
    • Maximum health of monsters increased by 50%.
    • Firing sounds added to ranged monster attacks that were previously silent.
    • 34 new monster abilities.
    • Rapid-firing ranged attacks no longer cause other projectiles of the same attack to no deal damage (they still give you invincibility frames if damage over 10% of your maximum health is dealt in one hit), damage of said attacks are adjusted to prevent them from dealing too much damage.

Media

Notes
    This mod is partially rolled into FU, do not install this mod if you have FU installed. (sayter pls give credit) This mod, however, is going to be developed independently.

In case you were wondering why every monster only has 1 ranged attack, the reason is because of an issue with the firing sounds. Say if a monster has ability A with firing sound A and ability B with firing sound B, either one of the attacks with have the firing sound of the other.

I am aware that other mods that re-add ranged attacks to monsters exist. The reason why I created this was because those mods weren't enough for me.

.patch files are used for most of the files, so the mod with likely have less issues with cross-mod compatibility. Still, if another mod installed also adds new abilities to monsters, expect one mod to be overridden.

This mod is still new, I may not have caught all the bugs yet. So if you happen to run into any bugs, report them in the discussions thread along with logs.

If you aren't satisfied with the mod, constructive feedback is always welcome.

Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Minor changes
  2. Many new features!
  3. New Attack Indicators!

Recent Reviews

1. JohnTSM
    JohnTSM
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-06-16
    It's 1.3 compatible now, and better than ever!
    Pretty much the best randomly generated monster mod out there.
  2. ChronoHyperion
    ChronoHyperion
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-05-16
    Hello, I've never tried the mod yet but can you update it to 1.3 please. I want to see it if its good. For support I have give you 5 stars